Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

In terms of trade bait. Surely Parish and 2MP are the main candidates. Maybe Draper. (And obviously Sheil)

Say next years forward line is Caddy, Langford, Perkins, + 2/3 pressure smalls

That leaves you with 2 ruck/tall spots available. Might we worth trading what we have and trying to buy in the bargain bin.

How come Stringer isn't a free agent this year?

Cause you have to have served 8 or more years at one club. He was traded to us after 5 I believe at the bulldogs
And I believe this would only be his 7th year at Essendon. If he had of been out of contract next year he would have been a free agent (I think)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm not giving up 2x firsts for Shai Bolton with Tasmania soon to come in.

We're further away than that.

We do need a bit more match-winning, x-factor ability in the side. But I'm not selling the farm for Bolton.

I don’t think it’s that crazy.

Our 1st rounders from the past decade:
Cox
Hobbs
Tsatas
Reid
Parish
Francis
Perkins
Caddy
McGrath

I’d at least look at it. Especially if it was 2x pick 10’s, for example

I don’t think it’s that crazy.

Our 1st rounders from the past decade:
Cox
Hobbs
Tsatas
Reid
Parish
Francis
Perkins
Caddy
McGrath

I’d at least look at it. Especially if it was 2x pick 10’s, for example
Pretty underwhelming list.

Best to worst.

Parish
McGrath
Perkins
Cox
Hobbs
Caddy Too soon to tell
Reid
Tsatas Too soon to tell
Francis

Pretty underwhelming list.

Best to worst.

Parish
McGrath
Perkins
Cox
Hobbs
Caddy Too soon to tell
Reid
Tsatas Too soon to tell
Francis

Certainly not a great list, unfortunately. Just proves the draft can be a bit of a crapshoot.

I’m not saying 100% do it (offer 2x 1sts for Bolton), just showing the idea of a 1st round pick is often not as good as the player turns out to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 year offer for Ainsworth.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

Does Ainsworth also play a more HHF role? Hasn't kicked more than two goals per game this season but occasionally gathers 20 or so disposals.

A second Gresham?
Maybe Brad just wants him closer to goal?

In the three or four games I’ve seen of Suns this year, he plays that exact role.

Not a bad player, just no idea why we’re targeting him.

Hahaha I am at times for sure - I just don’t quite get this one. I would understand Perryman more for 5 years (same age-ish).

Ainsworth just seems to be a Gresham clone
I am with you. He would be an okay get but it is not the speedy pressure forward we need. Continuing the trend of us stocking up on similar small forwards.

He’s definitely more flexible than just a small forward. Scott has expressed that he wants flexibility through the side. Has the ability to go inside and get up at a stoppage. Hard to knock off the ball, I like him, had a very good game on the weekend 28 and 2 goals including the sealer.

Free agents come free in terms of draft capital so it’s the right strategy. I also don’t think our picks should be off the table though for the right player.

Jammara Reid Bolton, if one of the elite breaks free we got to pony up

I am with you. He would be an okay get but it is not the speedy pressure forward we need. Continuing the trend of us stocking up on similar small forwards.

Is he an upgrade on Menzie? Maybe the thinking is to improve the team little by little wherever possible.

Although the balance is still off as I can't see Stringer, Langford, Caddy, Wright and a resting ruck squeezing into the forwardline at the same time as Gresham, Guelfi and Ainsworth. Not to mention Jones as well if he doesn't move to wing full time.

Probably be an unpopular opinion, but maybe the balance would be better without Stringer?

Get the feeling we're wasting money and time on B graders just cause they're free agents. Hope I'm wrong, but Ainswerth doesn't wow me
You don’t have a lot of choice when recruiting via free agency, you take what’s on offer or you walk away with nothing.

I think Ainsworth improves the list but much like Gresham he won’t be a silver bullet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back