Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Just need to keep Wright,Stringer and Cox out of Caddy’s way!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's a pity Baldwin can't stay on the park. He has the build to be able to stand and be immovable. Balders, Caddy and Cox might have been an interesting trio to move forward with, if not for his consistent injuries.

I'd also prefer a small forward of the Hill variety.
Here's Ainsworth v. Guelfi. Again, still not sure what Ainsworth is bringing.
View attachment 2038849

View attachment 2038850

View attachment 2038851

Guelfi criminally underrated IMO. Absolute team-first player who gives you 100% every single week. Has done shutdown roles on damaging half-backs and is averaging 3rd most goals for us behind Stringer & Langford (just ahead of Wright) and is clearly the 'small' forward most likely to kick goals whilst also being the forward averaging the most tackles, goal assists and score involvements.

I am not on the Ainsworth wagon but he has played more a transition role than a forward role . He has been a link between half back and half forward.
Maybe it allows Gresham to play closer to goal.
Still doesn’t fix the fast small forward spot.
I did notice that against suns, I wonder if he has capability as wing and maybe theyre looking at him for similar role as Berry/Perryman rather than stengle role?

Soz, yes. I want to believe Perkins v. Hawthorn is his true identity, though, but I'm running out of patience.
If a player can do that you persist and work on their consistency. He is only 22 and we really lack x factor guys at the moment.
I dont think he is as much a power type forward/mid hybrid as DeGoey/Trac etc but they also took 3 to 4 years to really get consistency (arguably DeGoey is still looking for it).
Actually maybe Robbie Gray is a better comparison, not as much a power type but still playing that mid/fwd hybrid. He took till year 5 till really hit his top level (but had a bit of injury issues in first few years.).

If a player can do that you persist and work on their consistency. He is only 22 and we really lack x factor guys at the moment.
I dont think he is as much a power type forward/mid hybrid as DeGoey/Trac etc but they also took 3 to 4 years to really get consistency (arguably DeGoey is still looking for it).
Actually maybe Robbie Gray is a better comparison, not as much a power type but still playing that mid/fwd hybrid. He took till year 5 till really hit his top level (but had a bit of injury issues in first few years.).
Sure. At the moment I'm in favour of him working on his game in the 2s. I want to see him reach that level without consistently being a passenger, which he has been for a good part of the year now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just say they were to trade Wright would he fit into any team as the #1 forward?

I think it depends on how you define No1 forward.

If you define it as most targeted superstar who always draws 2 players and can sometimes even win those matchups the answer is No teams.

If you define it as Tallest player who can bring the ball to ground, be a leading target and kick the occasional bag. Then I would say Yea he can be that player.

I would say Melbourne, (Massive need) Collingwood, (Cox replacement/McStay Upgrade) Hawks (don’t have anyone) Cats (Hawkins replacement) would be keen from a Melbourne standpoint. Could Also see Port having some interest. Port to replace Dixon

The GWS boy Darcy Jones is a little dynamo. Wouldn’t mind him in our forward line. Anyone reckon Jason McCartney might be open to a fair trade offer? 😁

The GWS boy Darcy Jones is a little dynamo. Wouldn’t mind him in our forward line. Anyone reckon Jason McCartney might be open to a fair trade offer? 😁
200w.gif

If Scott does not rate Bryan going forward and is willing to let him go then we need to be looking at another ruck as Goldy is at the end. Bryan will ask for a trade for sure so if the decision is we do rate him then he will be the number two then we hold onto him but right now who knows what they are thinking. We should hold onto him IMO .

Who are the ruck options to look at ? they would have to be semi reliable as Sam has to prove he can play a full season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back