Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

If I was shortlisting guys, these would be some I would love to take a look at;

Cooper Hamilton (GWS) - Small forward with a touch of speed and class. Injuries have held him back but would add a bi of spunk o the social media team with Guelfi

Tom Fullarton (Melbourne) - Genuinely no idea why he went to Melbourne of all places. Already had a plethora of guys in a similar position career wise (limited role players wanting a chance at senior level).

Aaron Cadman (GWS) - Wont happen but as a number 1 pick, the talent is clearly there. Would be wonders for our forward line. Maybe to similar to Caddy as a leading forward but a guy I would love none the less.

Connor Stone (GWS) - Strong and powerful, I like him as a guy we could plug in any where and play.

Jason Prior (Brisbane) - medium defender out of favour at Brisbane. I could see this happening.

Harry Sharp (Brisbane) - Always putting up good numbers at VFL level. From little I have seen, would be useful across HB.

Dylan Williams (Port Adelaide) - Flavour of the week for a period of time last year. Another half back option that adds depth.

Peter Ladhams (Sydney) as a break in case of emergency ruck if we do move Bryan on and Goldstein hangs them up. 26 so ready to go.
Fullarton is more of a forward/ruck than starting ruck. I get why he did it.

Jaxon Prior I don't mind, especially with dad having played 80-odd games for us. He's never really set the world on fire though.

Dylan Williams I'd love. Laser left footer. Would love to see him, Redman, Ridley and Reid as our half back distributors.

Ladhams I doubt we get. I expect the Dogs to go for him if English leaves (or maybe Bryan but still)

Hypothetical.

We have a war chest and can go again to scalp a big name - if the situation arose; would you chase harder on; Harley Reid or Chris Petracca... and what would you pay?
Younger = better with established stars.
What would I pay?

That’s harder because depth and asset collection is so important. I’d be very reluctant to chase non free agents right now as depth is still not that great

As long s we are keeping our first round pick I am happy to trade after that .
Is the clubs tactic still to keep our high picks and use FA to bring in experience? I hope it is.

Is the clubs tactic still to keep our high picks and use FA to bring in experience? I hope it is.
It was early this year. Hope they stay the course.

Papley says hi.
Ok, might be easier to name a small forward without a punchable head, think it's close to universal...must be an evolutionary adaptation forced upon small forward ground dwelling mammals to give them best chance of survival amongst the apex predator talls, or something, best ask Attenborough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Scott does not rate Bryan going forward and is willing to let him go then we need to be looking at another ruck as Goldy is at the end. Bryan will ask for a trade for sure so if the decision is we do rate him then he will be the number two then we hold onto him but right now who knows what they are thinking. We should hold onto him IMO .

Who are the ruck options to look at ? they would have to be semi reliable as Sam has to prove he can play a full season.

I think we need another one anyway don’t we, if Goldy hangs them up?

Fullarton is more of a forward/ruck than starting ruck. I get why he did it.

Jaxon Prior I don't mind, especially with dad having played 80-odd games for us. He's never really set the world on fire though.

Dylan Williams I'd love. Laser left footer. Would love to see him, Redman, Ridley and Reid as our half back distributors.

Ladhams I doubt we get. I expect the Dogs to go for him if English leaves (or maybe Bryan but still)
Id love Fullarton as someone who can play fwd or ruck.

Id love Fullarton as someone who can play fwd or ruck.
If he could effectively play as a forward/ruck he'd have played for his new club at this point.

If we miss out on Berry and Kako, we could just trust this and draft and develop Alex Dodson if he nominates. He'd be tapping to Bewick and Reid in a few years.
If Kako stays at the level he is now and we are picking in the 12 to 18 range we may just end up picking him anyway.

Lets have a go at what I would do if given the chance.

Our list is fairly even which is good. Probably the best it has looked in terms of balance in a long time.

Retire/Delist: Heppel, Goldstein, Weideman, Kelly, Hunter, Wanganeen and Baldwin - Couple of older bodies who need to passed on and a few younger players who i don't trust to get their bodies right. And Weideman who is meh

Re-Sign: Caldwell (four years) Cox, Jones and Guelfi (two years) Hind, Davey Jr, Davey, Stringer, Hayes, Menzie, El-Hawli and Visantini (one year) - Some of these are for the future and some are to provide good depth in the VFL and if injuries occur.

Upgrade: Menzie - More about not using a later pick on a two year contract in the draft.

Delist and put on the rookie list: J Davey - Gets 1 more year on the rookie list to prove he can make it

Free Agent Signing: Connor Nash from the Hawks - Adds a huge defensive bull into our midfield mix. Becomes the blocker for Merrett, Caldwell and Durham to go to work.

Trade: A future 3rd for Jacob Konstantly from the Swans - Defensive minded small forward with good speed who would benefit from a new place to ply his trade.

Draft: Use Picks #15 and #35 and then two picks in the Rookie Draft - Would look at drafting Matt Whitlock with the #15 pick. Elite athletic big man who could be developed at either end. With the other three picks (#35 and RD#1 and RD#2) I would look at more flankers with either the best defensive running or best disposal.

Best 22

FB: McGrath McKay Ridley

CHB: Redman Reid Martin

C: Jones Merrett Duursma

CHF: Perkins Caddy Gresham

FF: Langford Wright Davey Jr

R: Draper Durham Nash

IC: Cox Caldwell Parish Guelfi

Sub: Stringer

The Rest

FB: #35 Laverde Whitlock

CHB: Roberts Hayes Lual

C: El-Hawli Hobbs Shiel

CHF: Menzie #RD 1 Hind

FF: Davey Visentini Konstantly

R: Bryan Tsatas Setterfield

IC: RD# 2 ??? ??? ???

moreso relating to the draft, but Kako is meant to be taken pretty high, right?

is there a possibility that we're able to trade up to him? from what little i've read/heard/seen he's a jet and could be a life changer down the track
Looks likely that he'll fall in our range anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back