Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes Bryan needs to be told to put on a lot of bulk this summer and needs to toughen, but I still feel he’s got a lot more tools to a consistent ruck. Can actually use the ball around the ground, has better ruck craft and tap work.
Do you think we should give draper a 5+ year deal next year.

If that’s not the case, what should we do, start feeling out other rucks? Maybe offer pinnonet a deal to get him out of Carlton?
Find someone else.
If Bryan at 200cm and 100kg can not hold his own against an 18 year old first year in the system in a marking contest then he is not the answer either. Move them both on and cut our loses . No way I am giving Draper another deal either. He may be physical and play with spirit but he has the footy IQ and skills of an under 10 .
I would take almost anyone short term. Not that they will trade Sam. We will be stuck with his sub par skills forever.
Reilly O'Brien . Has been horrible this year. May need a change of scenery.
Kieran Strachan. Pittonet although he seems to be injured too much now days. Dante Visentini . Peter Ladhams.
Not a lot around I know but I am over our blokes who have not taken the next step . I know Bryan is young but he is not showing any signs of taking another step. He is a very poor mans Tim English.

Find someone else.
If Bryan at 200cm and 100kg can not hold his own against an 18 year old first year in the system in a marking contest then he is not the answer either. Move them both on and cut our loses . No way I am giving Draper another deal either. He may be physical and play with spirit but he has the footy IQ and skills of an under 10 .
I would take almost anyone short term. Not that they will trade Sam. We will be stuck with his sub par skills forever.
Kieran Strachan. Pittonet although he seems to be injured too much now days. Dante Visentini . Peter Ladhams.
Not a lot around I know but I am over our blokes who have not taken the next step . I know Bryan is young but he is not showing any signs of taking another step. He is a very poor mans Tim English.
Sorry, Verrall is 20, not 18 and in Y2 (got my drafts mixed up)

Sorry, Verrall is 20, not 18 and in Y2 (got my drafts mixed up)
Still should not be pushing a 5th year ruck out of the marking contest easily .

Find someone else.
Cal reckons the crows will have a big crack at Draper as a FA next year.

Just let it happen.

Find someone else.
Yeh I agree I think we should be looking externally for a ruck to take us forward, if we no longer believe in Bryan.
Thought I would like to see Bryan have to be the number 1 man for at least 6-8 weeks, before we moved him on. Thought he improved week on week last year when he was given a chance to play games in a row at afl level

Yep should let it happen, but knowing us we’ll give him a 6 year deal on huge money
Be interesting to see what happens this off season. Will Brad make some massive changes? I hope so.

I wouldn't mind it if Adelaide came knocking this year tbh.

Turn Draper, Bryan and Goldstein into Ladhams, Dante Visentini, a first and third round pick. Even draft another project ruck as I can see Vigo being a forward/ruck as well.

Does a state leaguer become a viable option?

Rowan Marshall and Big O are two examples of it working out.

Felix Flockhart could be an option

I wouldn't mind it if Adelaide came knocking this year tbh.

Turn Draper, Bryan and Goldstein into Ladhams, Dante Visentini, a first and third round pick. Even draft another project ruck as I can see Vigo being a forward/ruck as well.
I doubt we let all three go. If Draper leaves then Bryan would be odds on to stay.

But I can see us letting Draper go next year and targeting Visentini or someone like that if he leaves to go behind Bryan in the depth chart (I doubt Goldstein goes on past next year).

Vigo seems more like a Wright replacement as an oversized forward-ruck at this stage

Does a state leaguer become a viable option?

Rowan Marshall and Big O are two examples of it working out.

Felix Flockhart could be an option
Felix did not do much for me watching him in the Port game.

did this happen one time in an otherwise good performance? or was it fairly consistent?
2 or 3 times in the last quarter but it is my gripe with Bryan all season . Watch any VFL game and you will see countless times where he gets run off the line or under the footy in marking contests and you can count on one hand the amount of times he has use his size (legally) to put pressure on anyone this year. He simply has not looked like improving that area of his game. Pre season he had a shot at getting the number one spot . Draper was injured so he got to ruck against Goldy in all the match sim and even Goldy was able to exert physical pressure on him.
It surprises me as he will jump all day in the ruck and wrestle but outside of that he has Peter Wright level physicality when it comes to marking contests or putting physical pressure on an opponent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

did this happen one time in an otherwise good performance? or was it fairly consistent?
Our worst player of the AFL listers IMO.

Daylight to 2nd worst really, unless you count rookie listed VV who was a bit quiet
I count him, and whilst he was quiet, he was playing on a bloke that would be our second best key defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back