Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Putting Houston aside (given his likely cost and the fact he kicked that goal after the siren), a good trade/draft period for us could be drafting Harry Armstrong, matching a Kako bid and potentially bring in Ainsworth as a FA.

That could potentially solve a lot of our forward issues in one off-season.
It might put us on the path towards solving a lot of our forward issues, it’s always going to take a couple of years to develop players into consistent performers at AFL level

Saints sniffing around Shiel again according to Cleary.
I figured as much, funny with they’re fan base making a total mockery of him and joining there team last off season, they were always going to have another look.
I’d say we’ll be more than happy to accommodate a trade but what could we realistically get?
Contracted for another year, if he can finish the year well would a 3rd rounder be pushing it or just have to accept a 4th and the money off the books?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Will be either.

*A 4th
*A 3rd with our 4th going back
*A 2nd with a 3rd going back and us paying some of his salary

If we've given Menzie another year, then I have little confidence in our ability to asses the rest of needed list changes heading into the off season.

21 yrs old, coming off a year in which he managed 23 goals at 20, the same as Papley did at 22 yrs old in '18 (who also came through a rookie draft).

Just kicked 5 goals in the last 2 games in the VFL and earned a spot.

You haven't even let him play his first game back and I reckon you're being a little too harsh just because he's had a quiet year up until his omission, which young player hasn't?

You're acting as if we've given another year to a Heppell-type and as if seeing a possible scope in him as a player and giving him another chance isn't justified.

21 yrs old, coming off a year in which he managed 23 goals at 20, the same as Papley did at 22 yrs old in '18 (who also came through a rookie draft).

Just kicked 5 goals in the last 2 games in the VFL and earned a spot.

You haven't even let him play his first game back and I reckon you're being a little too harsh just because he's had a quiet year up until his omission, which young player hasn't?

You're acting as if we've given another year to a Heppell-type and as if seeing a possible scope in him as a player and giving him another chance isn't justified.
It's not so much a "quiet year", it's more so that I just don't see it when I watch him play. His statline last year is basically what Mark Baguley did for us playing small forward and I thought then the consensus for Mark was he's a battler who tries hard. I view Menzie as the same.

It's not the end of the world sure. Seeing Heppell dropped this weekend tells me Brad at least knows too, so we may be on the right track yet. We'll see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ainsworth staying at Suns according to Cal Twomey
Season 4 Episode 6 GIF by Friends

Gonna be a pretty quiet trade/free agency period id imagine.

Perryman one of only few good ones left, imagine he will start to get some big offers.
Can see us adding extra years as we want to stick with free agency route over trades.

Gonna be a pretty quiet trade/free agency period id imagine.

Perryman one of only few good ones left, imagine he will start to get some big offers.
Can see us adding extra years as we want to stick with free agency route over trades.

There might be a bit of fiddling around with our picks given the Kako situation.

I think we have a lot of disposable trade currency, with an abundance of talls and small forwards, and mids to a lesser degree.

We could lose at least one quality of each and be no worse off imo.

We really need 1 or 2 gun small half forwards.

I think we have a lot of disposable trade currency, with an abundance of talls and small forwards, and mids to a lesser degree.

We could lose at least one quality of each and be no worse off imo.

We really need 1 or 2 gun small half forwards.
I have almost no faith that Adrian Dodoro who is still our list manager is he not, will make a hard call and walk Todd Goldstein out the door. We will have the tough conversation with Jake Kelly, with Dyson Heppell (even though Dys has been serviceable past 18 months). I have little faith that if not Adrian, the RFK will look at the possibility of trading Darcy Parish to garner top end draft collateral. We are jus not that ruthless as a football club.

We make easy decisions, nice decisions, one who won't hurt anyones feelings. Dyson Heppell will go on another year unless he retires on his own (hopefully with tough conversations behind closed doors but sounds like he wants to go on) or he moves to another club in acrimonious circumstances.

We really are a nice football club

I have almost no faith that Adrian Dodoro who is still our list manager is he not, will make a hard call and walk Todd Goldstein out the door. We will have the tough conversation with Jake Kelly, with Dyson Heppell (even though Dys has been serviceable past 18 months). I have little faith that if not Adrian, the RFK will look at the possibility of trading Darcy Parish to garner top end draft collateral. We are jus not that ruthless as a football club.

We make easy decisions, nice decisions, one who won't hurt anyones feelings. Dyson Heppell will go on another year unless he retires on his own (hopefully with tough conversations behind closed doors but sounds like he wants to go on) or he moves to another club in acrimonious circumstances.

I know Dodoro isn't the list manager, but I have no doubt there remains a culture of groupthink that is hitched to his list opinions and list strategy.

He needs to go.

Take the bloody tip.
Adrian consults on the contract negotiations of players Scott / McPherson / Rosa want . He is doing it so that Rosa can concentrate solely on list management across FA and trade and the draft with RFK. Dodoro is lucky to be doing 20 hours a week now days. He is a consultant. He is not the list manager. Rosa is the list manager.
Adrian and RFK have no input into trades. RFK is draft only. Adrian is negotiate contracts of players he is asked to .
That is how it is.
You need to start laying the blame on any poor trades or current list decisions or non decisions on Scott / McPherson / Rosa . Adrian gets the blame for a lot of decisions going back in history that are still currently hurting us but the new guys are now driving the car.

I know Dodoro isn't the list manager, but I have no doubt there remains a culture of groupthink that is hitched to his list opinions and list strategy.

He needs to go.
Read above. He should go for the optics of it all but the group think is coming from Scott / McPherson / Rosa / Vossa . Adrian is only around so that Rosa can put all his energy into list management at this stage and not have to step into learning more about the negotiations stage while they are looking to advance the list. These guys could get it wrong too but there is limited Adrain group think.

Take the bloody tip.
Adrian consults on the contract negotiations of players Scott / McPherson / Rosa want . He is doing it so that Rosa can concentrate solely on list management across FA and trade and the draft with RFK. Dodoro is lucky to be doing 20 hours a week now days. He is a consultant. He is not the list manager. Rosa is the list manager.
Adrian and RFK have no input into trades. RFK is draft only. Adrian is negotiate contracts of players he is asked to .
That is how it is.
You need to start laying the blame on any poor trades or current list decisions or non decisions on Scott / McPherson / Rosa . Adrian gets the blame for a lot of decisions going back in history that are still currently hurting us but the new guys are now driving the car.
From everything I have learnt over 20 years, Adrian would still be a back seat driver

I belive you that the others are driving the car but Adrian would still have his hands on the wheel albeit in a much more limited capacity

From everything I have learnt over 20 years, Adrian would still be a back seat driver

I belive you that the others are driving the car but Adrian would still have his hands on the wheel albeit in a much more limited capacity
He is not. Under previous systems he would. Under Vozzo and Scott he is behind the cargo barrier. He is in the car when it would be a good idea he was not but you have to trust that if it ****s up it is a new bunch doing it. Do not under estimate how strict the new structures are under Scott and Vozzo in regards to staying in your lane. Personally i would be looking for an upgrade on RFK but they look to have done a good job trading up for Caddy and picking Roberts last year along with Vigo as a rookie so we will see what they come up with this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back