Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Ladhams at Sydney is the other one we should be talking too. Does dumb shit all the time but if we wanted a guy who could fill in for a few games a year, he'd be one to ask the question about.
To be really honest I would just say to Bryan your up . I now I have been very critical of him and I have real doubts he has any angry in him but he has one year left give him a crack. If it does not work then it is no different to bringing in a one year stop gap. Draper / Bryan / Wright / Vigo / Cox / Jones . May not be premiership stuff but it can fill a year and maybe something better is around. At least Bryan is durable.

To be really honest I would just say to Bryan your up . I now I have been very critical of him and I have real doubts he has any angry in him but he has one year left give him a crack. If it does not work then it is no different to bringing in a one year stop gap. Draper / Bryan / Wright / Vigo / Cox / Jones . May not be premiership stuff but it can fill a year and maybe something better is around. At least Bryan is durable.
this was part of my thinking about some state league rucks like Felix Flockhart. If they could potentially come in and battle or overtake Bryan.

In the end, we took Visentini and we need to play the long game till he comes good or we get a reasonable stop gap who could become a numero uno

this was part of my thinking about some state league rucks like Felix Flockhart. If they could potentially come in and battle or overtake Bryan.

In the end, we took Visentini and we need to play the long game till he comes good or we get a reasonable stop gap who could become a numero uno
We could always rookie Felix or someone else but I think we hold Bryan and see what is available next time around or work on someone to get them on board.

Hi all,

Long time since I have posted but interested on your thoughts. Looking at our current contract status and trade bait after Friday's loss, I normally do this once I think the season is 'done.'

On balance I think its more likely than not we miss finals now but taking a glass half full approach to the season, had us winning 8-10 games for the year when the season started. Additionally, despite friday nights performance there are signs we are tightening defensively.

I think Goldstein and Heppell retire and we delist Hind, Baldwin (who could both consider themselves unlucky) and Weideman. I think the shiel trade makes sense for a pick in the late 30's or early 40's.

With Menzie being upgraded to the snr list that gives us up to 5 snr list spots.

Contract wise I'd give caldwell 4 years. hayes, cox, guelfi and jones 2 years. Setterfield (15), Kelly (15), J Davey (10) and stringer (15) I'd put on 1 year deals with a trigger for a 2nd. Games played to hit trigger in brackets

Off the rookies I'd delist wanganeen but give Hunter and El-Hawli a 1 year extension. With Visintini already signed that leaves 1 x rookie spot.

With ainsworth and zurhaar now likely to stay there is not a suitable/standout FA (don't want to overpay for cummings or perryman) who would come into the starting 18.

Before any FA compo picks we'll hold pick 9 or 10 and 29 or 30, plus what we can get for shiel.

I'd trade our future 1st for something in his years 1st round (freo or GC might co-operate) and take 2 x picks before matching a bid on Kako. Happy to use our 2nd rounder to sweeten the deal for a future pick back as long we get some points to match Kako.

Using the AFL's early phantom form guide Harry Armstrong (key forward) and Cooper Hynes (190cm mifielder) look suitable types.

Given the apparent depth in this year draft use those late picks or rookie picks for hardworking role player types, we'll need medium sized defenders, developing ruck depth (surely bryan gets fed up and leaves end of 2025) and a speculative tall fwd or big bodied mid from that end of the draft.

Not an exciting off season strategy but one I feel makes sense.....

We could always rookie Felix or someone else but I think we hold Bryan and see what is available next time around or work on someone to get them on board.
Felix got killed by Keogh tosay

Hi all,

Long time since I have posted but interested on your thoughts. Looking at our current contract status and trade bait after Friday's loss, I normally do this once I think the season is 'done.'

On balance I think its more likely than not we miss finals now but taking a glass half full approach to the season, had us winning 8-10 games for the year when the season started. Additionally, despite friday nights performance there are signs we are tightening defensively.

I think Goldstein and Heppell retire and we delist Hind, Baldwin (who could both consider themselves unlucky) and Weideman. I think the shiel trade makes sense for a pick in the late 30's or early 40's.

With Menzie being upgraded to the snr list that gives us up to 5 snr list spots.

Contract wise I'd give caldwell 4 years. hayes, cox, guelfi and jones 2 years. Setterfield (15), Kelly (15), J Davey (10) and stringer (15) I'd put on 1 year deals with a trigger for a 2nd. Games played to hit trigger in brackets

Off the rookies I'd delist wanganeen but give Hunter and El-Hawli a 1 year extension. With Visintini already signed that leaves 1 x rookie spot.

With ainsworth and zurhaar now likely to stay there is not a suitable/standout FA (don't want to overpay for cummings or perryman) who would come into the starting 18.

Before any FA compo picks we'll hold pick 9 or 10 and 29 or 30, plus what we can get for shiel.

I'd trade our future 1st for something in his years 1st round (freo or GC might co-operate) and take 2 x picks before matching a bid on Kako. Happy to use our 2nd rounder to sweeten the deal for a future pick back as long we get some points to match Kako.

Using the AFL's early phantom form guide Harry Armstrong (key forward) and Cooper Hynes (190cm mifielder) look suitable types.

Given the apparent depth in this year draft use those late picks or rookie picks for hardworking role player types, we'll need medium sized defenders, developing ruck depth (surely bryan gets fed up and leaves end of 2025) and a speculative tall fwd or big bodied mid from that end of the draft.

Not an exciting off season strategy but one I feel makes sense.....
Like this.

Except Hind (know you said it would be unlucky) my boy is perfect cover player. Mostly vfl until injuries hits. Back, forward, even wing… ideal sub. Rarely injured… show him some love! ;)

We need to bite the bullet and get rid of our old blokes and replace them all with kids, then play the kids we currently have in those positions.

Arsène Wenger: ‘You pay for the education of young players with points. If I play a 20-year old centre back, I know he’ll cost me points during the season & I have to stand up for that. A less talented 28 year old would cost me less points. However, by 23/24 you have a player’.

That's what we need to do!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of chatter around Tsatas in this thread… an opinion from Zero Hanger on potential Tiger trade targets - not sure they would offer mid first but that might be enough for us in this years draft (to address bigger needs).

2. Elijah Tsatas

If the suggestion that rivals could come calling for the former Pick 5 draft star is true, then Richmond should be right at the front of the queue.
The Tigers are likely to hold a strong draft hand during the off-season, especially if they lose the likes of Liam Baker, Daniel Rioli, Dustin Martinand Jack Graham.
Should all four depart, and potentially Dion Prestia also, then the Tigers will be in need of midfield talent and will have the draft capital to chase emerging players as well as the ability to attack the top end of the draft.
Baker's potential departure could see Richmond handed a pick in the middle of the first round, which could be passed on to Essendon for Tsatas as he struggles to find consistency at senior level.

We need to bite the bullet and get rid of our old blokes and replace them all with kids, then play the kids we currently have in those positions.

Arsène Wenger: ‘You pay for the education of young players with points. If I play a 20-year old centre back, I know he’ll cost me points during the season & I have to stand up for that. A less talented 28 year old would cost me less points. However, by 23/24 you have a player’.

That's what we need to do!!

It's true. The unspoken part of this is bad senior players cost you points too. So the equation is points lost now either way but only one of those has a possibility of future points gained.

Bit of chatter around Tsatas here, an opinion from Zero Hanger on potential Tiger trade targets -

2. Elijah Tsatas

If the suggestion that rivals could come calling for the former Pick 5 draft star is true, then Richmond should be right at the front of the queue.
The Tigers are likely to hold a strong draft hand during the off-season, especially if they lose the likes of Liam Baker, Daniel Rioli, Dustin Martinand Jack Graham.
Should all four depart, and potentially Dion Prestia also, then the Tigers will be in need of midfield talent and will have the draft capital to chase emerging players as well as the ability to attack the top end of the draft.
Baker's potential departure could see Richmond handed a pick in the middle of the first round, which could be passed on to Essendon for Tsatas as he struggles to find consistency at senior level.

The timing is wrong for us to trade him for a mid first. It would essentially be eaten up by a Kako bid. 3 way deal for a future first maybe.

Bit of chatter around Tsatas in this thread… an opinion from Zero Hanger on potential Tiger trade targets - not sure they would offer mid first but that might be enough for us in this years draft (to address bigger needs).

2. Elijah Tsatas

Have these guys actually watched him play ? If the word is we are willing to let him go after two seasons would certainly be alarm bell territory for opposition clubs.

2. Elijah Tsatas

i take all of the stuff like this with a grain of salt, it's usually just rumours to get clicks. call me a cynic but

i take all of the stuff like this with a grain of salt, it's usually just rumours to get clicks. call me a cynic but
Zero Hangar are notorious for just making shit up

Hey guys what do guys want for setterfield just enquiring
He'd be worth a token pick at best. Or Harry Edwards as a straight swap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back