Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Or they just think we’re a shit club that don’t know what we have
That may be the case in supporter land but it is not what happens in club land.

I think we need to trade Shiel and setterfeild, to open opportunities for tsatas and Hobbs. It might not benefit us in the short term but I don’t want to lose these guys for unders because of lack of opportunity.

If we could turn Shiel and setters into the comp needed for kako. Could be a win.

We need some more flanker types who can use it.

Ainsworth has re-signed. Was keen up until Kako entered our grasp, so probably works out well for us, and we can focus resources elsewhere.
He wasn't what we needed anyway. Another Gresham/Menzie type.

That may be the case in supporter land but it is not what happens in club land.

Going after distressed assets is a pretty common buisness concept.

Targeting poorly run clubs due to thinking they might have a higher chance of something useful hidden in their depth seems perfectly reasonable.

Just as taking fringe players from good programs is

Some genius from club land drafted him in the first place, and they did it with a top end pick. You give them too much credit.
Why wouldn't we want a tall explosive inside midfielder? We should applaud those who picked such an obvious talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wasn't what we needed anyway. Another Gresham/Menzie type.
I dont disagree. But I do think he always look like a big game player and going to gold coast has killed his spirit a bit and hoped we could light that spark for him. But alas, the list has too many non star small forwards as it is.

I dont think Shiel or Setterfield are getting in the way of Tsatas or Hobbs

Of theyre good enough, theyre playing in years 3 and 4

Shiel and Setterfield are great depth to have if we can keep them

Only thing we have to be careful of is list spots and if thats an issue or not

Already have 1 too many i believe, then bringing in Kako and another means atleast 3 from the senior list departing. Which might be fairly easy Goldy, Heppell ect

If were allowed to trade our 2026 picks im starting to come around to this being a good idea

2026 1st Rounder for

Bailey Smith

Think his age ties in nicely with guys like 2MP, Mckay, Redman, Mcgrath, Zerrett ect

Can play anywhere

could actually see Bailey Smith being a great get for us

If were allowed to trade our 2026 picks im starting to come around to this being a good idea

2026 1st Rounder for

Bailey Smith

Think his age ties in nicely with guys like 2MP, Mckay, Redman, Mcgrath, Zerrett ect

Can play anywhere
Agree.
Seems like this ship has sailed though… stay at Dogs, Cats or Pies the apparent options under his consideration.

could actually see Bailey Smith being a great get for us

If we’re not fitting Tsatas in the side what the hell are we doing with Smith?

We clearly don’t want that kind of player for that kind of role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back