Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

My rules for drafting

-No ruckman in the top 10
- rucks must be either very athletic, or very big as in Briggs type.
-no mids under 6ft unless they are at least one of super competitive, really fast or very good skills.
- forwards before backs in the first round.

Always reach for the dynamic athletic multi position players who are hard to match up on.

Back end of draft pick players who already have an afl skill or have the athletic profile to develop into an afl role.

What have a I missed

Did you know Pendlebury played basketball.

My rules for drafting

-No ruckman in the top 10
- rucks must be either very athletic, or very big as in Briggs type.
-no mids under 6ft unless they are at least one of super competitive, really fast or very good skills.
- forwards before backs in the first round.

Always reach for the dynamic athletic multi position players who are hard to match up on.

Back end of draft pick players who already have an afl skill or have the athletic profile to develop into an afl role.

What have a I missed

Nic Cox agrees

Great skills and can play a bit but the question mark for me is he is a bit soft at times.
Tough decision because we certainly don't need more soft players. But I also think we really struggle because of our skills.

For the right price I'd do it. I think what he would bring to the side outweighs his limitations. Skills are our probably the biggest thing we need to address this off-season and Lukosius excels in that area.

Haha oh dear.
Might take a bit to repair that relationship for the crows. He’s a great talent.
Feel like we need a speedy pressure forward more though

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This kind of unprofessional stuff is why I'd steer clear of Rachele. He did something similar earlier in the year if I recall, saying to a journo that he was going to confront Nicks about why he'd been subbed or something. People were saying then that he'd be gettable.

He just sounds like an entitled brat.

Tough decision because we certainly don't need more soft players. But I also think we really struggle because of our skills.

For the right price I'd do it. I think what he would bring to the side outweighs his limitations. Skills are our probably the biggest thing we need to address this off-season and Lukosius excels in that area.
It is a bit like the D’Ambrosio situation where I am in the minority.
I would sooner find some more Archie Roberts types who have the good skills but play a harder brand of football.
Skill level needs fixing for sure and it has cost us a finals birth this year but we still need more work on the team defence and the contested ball winning as a whole.
Anyone we bring in that will only fix the skill level could well be redundant in 2 or 3 years

Depends on the cost for Rachelle

If its costing us pick 50, then yeh ill grab him. If its costing us 2 1st rounders then no im not

Ryan Angwin is a name we should be getting. Winger, may even be a left footed winger but not 100%, place on the opposing wing to Duursma. Would cost very little considering he aint getting a game

GWS are a strong side and have J.Kelly and Callaghan as outside left footers through the middle

I would sooner find some more Archie Roberts types who have the good skills but play a harder brand of football.
Skill level needs fixing for sure and it has cost us a finals birth this year but we still need more work on the team defence and the contested ball winning as a whole.
Anyone we bring in that will only fix the skill level could well be redundant in 2 or 3 years
Also, Massimo works for the Hawks as they have many hard at it footballers. He doesn't have to defend as much as he would with us. They can afford to use him very offensive focussed.

Understandable. I see your point and agree with it.

Also, Massimo works for the Hawks as they have many hard at it footballers. He doesn't have to defend as much as he would with us. They can afford to use him very offensive focussed.

We should've got rid of the guys who can't kick, are soft and don't defend... And kept Mass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rachele on the outer at Crows. Worth asking? But I guess not really what we want.
Season 4 Pencil GIF by The Simpsons

It creates a world where a raft of players are worth Pick 1. I'd say Harley Reid is the possibly the only player whose pick value has been maintained.

Rioli was Pick 15 nine years ago. They think his value has appreciated somehow. He'll be 28 next year.
A raft of players are worth pick one. Especially in a draft like this. Picks aren’t guaranteed.

Don’t agree with the Rioli value though.

Haha oh dear.
Might take a bit to repair that relationship for the crows. He’s a great talent.
Feel like we need a speedy pressure forward more though

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Essendon has a great record taking “best available”… surely this fits?

Going after another SF or really any small player just feels icky even if they are an improvement on what we currently have

The list is too small as is. If you could replace/upgrade a small player already on the list then maybe but otherwise just seems like a waste.

You also have to back in your development process at some point and leave room on your list for players to grab opportunities rather then spending assets to stifle the development of your list

Shiel and Stringer would be the two trades I make.

Parish gets one more year before I put him on the table as I don't think his trade value could be any lower right now.

I’d much rather trade Langford and parish who have a much higher trade value.

I believe stringer and Shiel could cover the roles for Langford and parish for now and won’t stop the progression of the youth in future years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back