Weideman
Hind
Wanganeen

31/5
= 6 List Spots

Angwin = 32/5
= 5 List Spots all for draft

Would love Cumming and/or Perryman but appears unlikely

Would also love Joe Richards. Would offer a 3 year deal with limited $$ but he probs takes the 4 from Port or Freo

Last edited:

Other than HReid, who's worth Pick 1 as a straight swap?
Some players I would prefer to have over pick 1.

Daicos, Curnow, Ashcroft, Gulden, Warner, Rozee, Butters, Green, Darcy, JUH, JHF, Brayshaw, Rowell, Anderson, B.King, Jackson, Wardlaw.

In fact, I wouldn’t even trade Caddy for pick 1 after what he’s shown this year.

No announcement of Goldstein retirement

37/4 ATM

Baldwin (1 Year/Rookie)
Setterfield (1 Year/Rookie)

Shiel (Trade)
Stringer (Trade)
Guelfi (1-2 Years)

Jake Kelly
Weideman
Hind
Wanganeen

31/5
= 6 List Spots

Angwin = 32/5
= 5 List Spots all for draft

Would love Cumming and/or Perryman but appears unlikely

Would also love Joe Richards. Would offer a 3 year deal with limited $$ but he probs takes the 4 from Port or Freo

They won’t delist Kelly

But honestly we are average with the players we have, we can’t be scared to move them on. We should be taking offers for parish Shiel setterfeild 2mp Langford stringer Hobbs.
Shiel, Setterfield arent worth anything. Happy to get 3rd/4th for them though

2MP, Hobbs, Parish your selling at absolute lowest

The issue is you really need the player to request the move, if you start pushing guys out the you get Treloar type returns

Usually to get clubs interested, yoj leave players un signed for as long as possible ie Stringer

The issue is you really need the player to request the move, if you start pushing guys out the you get Treloar type returns

Usually to get clubs interested, yoj leave players un signed for as long as possible ie Stringer
2mp and parish are almost salary dumps at this point, which I wouldn’t be against. I don’t think I could stand watching parish continue to be a selfish weakling in our midfield for 5 years. 2mp also unless we are moving Langford/stringer or not playing Bryan I can’t find a spot for 2mp and he’s on a hefty deal at the moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2mp and parish are almost salary dumps at this point, which I wouldn’t be against. I don’t think I could stand watching parish continue to be a selfish weakling in our midfield for 5 years. 2mp also unless we are moving Langford/stringer or not playing Bryan I can’t find a spot for 2mp and he’s on a hefty deal at the moment
We dont have Salary pressure

We have significant cap space

Id rather keep Parish then get a 3rd round quality in return because were dumping him. We just have to move past players like that, nail pick 8 and get the best midfield type

2MP isnt on that big of a deal, but again we have tonnea of space and is likely theyre pay has been continually front loaded

Id hope we get a pretty good return for a Draper or Bryan in 12 months time

Flags?

We dont have Salary pressure

We have significant cap space

Id rather keep Parish then get a 3rd round quality in return because were dumping him. We just have to move past players like that, nail pick 8 and get the best midfield type

2MP isnt on that big of a deal, but again we have tonnea of space and is likely theyre pay has been continually front loaded

Id hope we get a pretty good return for a Draper or Bryan in 12 months time
We have significant cap space which is great, but I want to hit the draft with more picks expose our kids to bigger roles.
Your saying we won’t get shit back for setterfeild sheil, because we waited too long to trade them.

We already missed the boat with letting parish go in fa. 2mp won’t regain value unless Bryan or one of the forwards drops out of our side due to balance.

I doubt we are getting off the parish deal without paying some of it. He’s been found out.

Shiel - pick #46 from St Kilda

Stringer - 1 year on low $ if no trade interest (Demons need a forward badly)

Draper - to Adelaide with a future 3rd for pick #4

The Guelf - WCE for a future 3rd

Dante Visentini from Port for #46 and a future 5th (Bryan & the Visentini brothers ruck dept of youth)

Langford - seemed to be carrying something most of the year (OP-ish). If he doesn't mark it defensive liability and was never super quick - would trade to Richmond for one of their about to be received 1st rounders seeing they're about to have a truckload of picks and they need an experienced deep mid sized forward to help Lynch next year

Parish - trade for a future 1st and maybe pay 25% of salary as an enticement - Shiel, Merrett and Parish in the middle does not work so 2 of these have to go when we have Caldwell, Durham, Hobbs, Tsatas, Duursma and Martin to run through there

2MP - I'm basing this on Draper moving on. Needs a sprint and conditioning coach as he'll be doing 25% ruck next year with Bryan 75%. Needs to find the footy and work up the ground as Caddy and Jones need to be closer to goal. Needs to get mentally tough and not be afraid to attack the footy and the contest

DRAFT NIGHT - Harvey Langford or Josh Smillie with pick #4 then Kako with pick #8 then go home
ROOKIE - Noah Caracella

RETIRED - Goldy & Hepp
DELIST - Tex, Kelly, Laverde (we pay him out like we did James Stewart), Hind, Weid, Baldwin
KEEP the Jones Boy, Hunter (would like to see him for 1 year coming back from a knee), J.Davey, Setters

PLAY the kids - Caddy, Jones, Hayes, Hobbs, Tsatas, Roberts, Reid, Duursma, Saad, the Daveys , Lual etc IF THEY DO THE WORK and SHOW SOME FORM AND ABILITY and REWARD THAT WORK

If Shiel is likely to be traded to st kilda, we should be targeting one of theirs. Make it an awkward one for one like we did with duursma for zerk.
I propose max heath. Very competitive ruck/forward who’s stuck in the 2s.

We have significant cap space which is great, but I want to hit the draft with more picks expose our kids to bigger roles.
Your saying we won’t get shit back for setterfeild sheil, because we waited too long to trade them.

We already missed the boat with letting parish go in fa. 2mp won’t regain value unless Bryan or one of the forwards drops out of our side due to balance.

I doubt we are getting off the parish deal without paying some of it. He’s been found out.
So you agree with everything i said?

Were getting 2 top 15 talents in this year and then some later 3rd round picks

I still think there is a spot for 2MP i think theyve purely tried to rev him up for the rest of his career by giving him this reality check. There will be times next year when we play 1 ruck and then 2MP. Were just in a precarious spot with our rucks. Drapers a FA and Bryan has always had noise about him leaving. To get full return on Draper if he wanted out we need to be playing him and for Bryan to want to stay... we need to be playing him also

Last edited:
Shiel - pick #46 from St Kilda

Stringer - 1 year on low $ if no trade interest (Demons need a forward badly)

Draper - to Adelaide with a future 3rd for pick #4

The Guelf - WCE for a future 3rd

Dante Visentini from Port for #46 and a future 5th (Bryan & the Visentini brothers ruck dept of youth)

Langford - seemed to be carrying something most of the year (OP-ish). If he doesn't mark it defensive liability and was never super quick - would trade to Richmond for one of their about to be received 1st rounders seeing they're about to have a truckload of picks and they need an experienced deep mid sized forward to help Lynch next year

Parish - trade for a future 1st and maybe pay 25% of salary as an enticement - Shiel, Merrett and Parish in the middle does not work so 2 of these have to go when we have Caldwell, Durham, Hobbs, Tsatas, Duursma and Martin to run through there

2MP - I'm basing this on Draper moving on. Needs a sprint and conditioning coach as he'll be doing 25% ruck next year with Bryan 75%. Needs to find the footy and work up the ground as Caddy and Jones need to be closer to goal. Needs to get mentally tough and not be afraid to attack the footy and the contest

DRAFT NIGHT - Harvey Langford or Josh Smillie with pick #4 then Kako with pick #8 then go home
ROOKIE - Noah Caracella

RETIRED - Goldy & Hepp
DELIST - Tex, Kelly, Laverde (we pay him out like we did James Stewart), Hind, Weid, Baldwin
KEEP the Jones Boy, Hunter (would like to see him for 1 year coming back from a knee), J.Davey, Setters

PLAY the kids - Caddy, Jones, Hayes, Hobbs, Tsatas, Roberts, Reid, Duursma, Saad, the Daveys , Lual etc IF THEY DO THE WORK and SHOW SOME FORM AND ABILITY and REWARD THAT WORK
Welcome to Carlton or North Melbourne's world. Hope you enjoy the next 10 years in the bottom 3.

If Adelaide are happy to put pick 4 on the table as part of a Draper deal, you'd take it and run. I'm skeptical they would though. His best is great, but his best happens maybe one quarter out of every 12.
I am certain they would not.

Welcome to Carlton or North Melbourne's world. Hope you enjoy the next 10 years in the bottom 3.
The only thing I would say is essendon have been trapped in the world of mediocrity of finishing middle of the road.
No chance of competing in finals if they scrape in there and do not get access to the best kids.
When the supplements saga hit and the club overpaid for suspended players to stay was the time to blow it up.
Hawthorn have zoomed past essendon again because they have the courage in their convictions to decimate their list and start again by playing their kids and adopting a hard running game style.
I don’t think the essendon game style that is currently used will hold up.
I see our team as honest triers that lack skill, speed and athleticism.
Playing blokes like laverde, Kelly, parish and shiel is the definition of insanity.
Doing the same thing over and expecting a different result.
I would rather watch a hard running young fast team play next year and come third last with one of the youngest teams in the league.
I do not think Brad Scott, Dave barham, essendon coiteries or essendon supporters can cop that.
Hence we have a June champions middle of the road trying hard but not good enough team to watch.

Trades and delistings I would like to see.

Dylan Shiel for a third rounder would be okay.
Darcy parish for a second rounder would be okay- you may get a late first rounder if you take a slab of his salary but I think keeping salary is more important.
I would move on from Kelly and Laverde and to be fair to the club they may well have done this if Reid and Ridley were fit.
I would think Goldstein and weideman are Monty’s to be delisted as is hind though he was one of our few players with speed. Setterfield should not be played in front of Hobbs or tsatsas.
I would have a real conversation with the Davey boys. They either adopt a professional footballers life style or they are out the door. I have it on very good authority that the boys are both rippers who are not as professional as they should be.

The only player on the market that is public that meets our needs is Dan Houston. Do you give up a first rounder plus for him if he chose the bombers?
Not for me.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back