Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

The only way I wouldn’t be opposed to a Petracca trade is if we could recoup one of the first rounders we would lose by trading out someone like Parish for a future first (which is highly unlikely to occur in itself anyways).

Otherwise, taking a 2 year hit to our draft stock is not worth it for a 29 year old. You could probably argue that it still isn’t worth it even if we trade out Parish given the current list is quite far off doing anything of relevance.

Someone at the club needs to make sure Dodoro's pass has been deactivated, laptop and phone disconnected. If he gets a whiff of trading our future for the 29 year old Petracca Magic Beans he'd be all over it like a stray dog on a bag of leftovers.

He wouldn’t though, I think after getting burned with Shiel a few years ago he went a more cautious approach in recent years.

So at the moment we have...

Main list out: Heppell, Hind and Baldwin

Main list in: Menzie

Rookie list out: Hunter, Menzie and Wanganeen

Rookie list in: Saad

Is that right? So two spots free on the main list and two rookie spots if we fill out full quota?
Is Hunter a confirmed out?

Petracca not in our window, plus I am not sure how well he recovers from that organ damage. Lloyd's was more mild and he felt like crap for 6 months. Petracca isn't the cleanest kick either, we need polish and with that injury not sure you are getting that bull he was.

Parish and 2MP would maybe make them consider it

Still think there forward line will be pretty good soon with Jefferson, JVR and obviousily Fritsch and Kozzie
Im thinking more along the line of one of Caldwell/Parish and Caddy , Dons 1st round Pick in exchange for Petracca and Dees 2nd pick in the Draft .

Got to remember Dees have a pick 5 as their 1st pick .Their second is pick 25.

I see Caddy as a better forward than Harrison Jones, Wright, Langford and Stringer in the next year or two years. I believe that exchanging anything involving Caddy would be a tad overs for Bombers. The question is are the Bombers looking for short -term success? Petracca is 29 years old and he may be the difference between Winning a Final soon and breaking that dreaded drought and possibly going further and deeper with the possibility of winning a Premiership. Petracca is a proven winner, a Top 10 player in his prime.

The gap between teams 2nd to 14th in the comp isn't much. A decision here or there could be the difference between the Bombers going up or being where they are over the last couple of years/decade.

Petracca not in our window, plus I am not sure how well he recovers from that organ damage. Lloyd's was more mild and he felt like crap for 6 months. Petracca isn't the cleanest kick either, we need polish and with that injury not sure you are getting that bull he was.

There would be the mental aspect as well. He might be a bit gun shy for a while with physical contact, and fair enough too, it was a pretty nasty injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little bit opposing but to go into more detail I think slight bump to the overall talent pool is not worth the damage the acadamies do to the fairness of the draft process. The afl should fund the development in other states siginficantly but that process shouldnt lead to unfair draft access.

In practice I think they’ve decided to go full academies and then use the draft/point system to try and balance the talent distribution. It’s not perfect but fixing the points scale and even charging a premium for top talent evens the equation enough that it’s probably fair.

In practice I think they’ve decided to go full academies and then use the draft/point system to try and balance the talent distribution. It’s not perfect but fixing the points scale and even charging a premium for top talent evens the equation enough that it’s probably fair.
I don't there is any balancing the talent distribution. The likes of Green, Heeney, Daicos, Darcy, Walter, Ashcroft, Ugle-Hagan are worth infinitely more than the points could account for. Harley Reid and JHF are the only number 1 draft picks since Hodge in 2001 that would compare to the value of these players.

Im thinking more along the line of one of Caldwell/Parish and Caddy , Dons 1st round Pick in exchange for Petracca and Dees 2nd pick in the Draft .

Got to remember Dees have a pick 5 as their 1st pick .Their second is pick 25.

I see Caddy as a better forward than Harrison Jones, Wright, Langford and Stringer in the next year or two years. I believe that exchanging anything involving Caddy would be a tad overs for Bombers. The question is are the Bombers looking for short -term success? Petracca is 29 years old and he may be the difference between Winning a Final soon and breaking that dreaded drought and possibly going further and deeper with the possibility of winning a Premiership. Petracca is a proven winner, a Top 10 player in his prime.

The gap between teams 2nd to 14th in the comp isn't much. A decision here or there could be the difference between the Bombers going up or being where they are over the last couple of years/decade.
What? Why are you here talking about 'you could trade Caddy'.
You could trade yo mama.
GTFO

That caused me so much angst that I culturally appropriated.

I don't there is any balancing the talent distribution. The likes of Green, Heeney, Daicos, Darcy, Walter, Ashcroft, Ugle-Hagan are worth infinitely more than the points could account for. Harley Reid and JHF are the only number 1 draft picks since Hodge in 2001 that would compare to the value of these players.
Under the current system where it’s a 20% discount on 2500 points sure.

If they cost 4000 points? Would that how about 5000?

Especially with a points rebalance so later picks aren’t worth anything close to what they’re worth now to the point where teams would have to trade a significant player or give up 2+ firsts for this one player.

I think there’s a healthy balance there and think if every team had an academy it would make it more likely that these types of generational talent woii you L’s be more evenly distributed

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back