Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

When Petracca says big Vic club Id imagine it means one of : Carlton/Collingwood/ Essendon. A big thing Trac has mentioned in the past is his disappointment at playing in front of lowish crowds, this is coming after the Dees premiership in 2021. I also dont see Hawks as a destination as they play 3-4 games down in Tasmania.

Yep Carlton dont want to let go of McKay, Hawks want Barrass/Battle, Pies dont have the capital and players the Dees are after. The interstate teams have the bounty/picks/players. I look at teams especially like Fremantle and Gold Coast. But those two teams have never been destination teams for superstars in their prime.

All the cards have fallen into Essendons place. Does Petracca consider Geelong ' a Big Melbourne/Vic Team'? Otherwise , its advantage Essendon and I say this as a neutral.
I believe Dimma will change how GC is seen and they'll get some big players over the next few years. It may or may not be Trac I guess.

And GAJ was still in his prime when he went up.

I don't believe Petracca moves this year but we'll see.

I believe Dimma will change how GC is seen and they'll get some big players over the next few years. It may or may not be Trac I guess.

And GAJ was still in his prime when he went up.

I don't believe Petracca moves this year but we'll see.
Petracca strikes me as a guy that likes the bling and the limelights. It would be a chance to grow his brand. Make no mistake the Swans are a bigger team now than the Melbourne footy club.

I could see him landing at somewhere like Sydney Swans as they are the most attractive non-Vic team to play for. Swans have pulled in the big fish before. And recouping a player of Tracs ilk would be on parallels with: Buddy Franklin, Tony Lockett, Barry Hall

Another view if Melbourne need a backup ruck

2 Metre Peter and Harrison Jones for Petracca and their 2nd rounder makes alot of sense on both angles.

In what world are you living in where you believe we would get a 2nd rounder back for 2MP and jones aswell as Petracca. Your smoking something, we’d have to attach a pick ourselves for just Petracca

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

When Petracca says big Vic club Id imagine it means one of : Carlton/Collingwood/ Essendon. A big thing Trac has mentioned in the past is his disappointment at playing in front of lowish crowds, this is coming after the Dees premiership in 2021. I also dont see Hawks as a destination as they play 3-4 games down in Tasmania.
We aren't a big club anymore. We are a basket case. I can't imagine him leaving one to go to another even worse one.

In what world are you living in where you believe we would get a 2nd rounder back for 2MP and jones aswell as Petracca. Your smoking something, we’d have to attach a pick ourselves for just Petracca

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think they’re trolling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm ok with getting Trac. Best part would potentially be getting rid of some dead wood. Definitely not giving up our good picks though. Stringer, 2mp, Perkins, McGrath I have zero issues packaging up. Cox, Parish, Hobbs, Sheil and Jones wouldn't really upset me too much either.

Get Saad and Reid up and running. Draft Armstrong and Kako.

Would even consider Draper for Rachele.

Holes everywhere I get it but first priority for me would be getting rid of some spuds. A trade could help with that. Doing us a favour.

No path for Trac to stay now. Dee's are bluffing saying they will keep him. Players apparently don't want him. He's elite and god dam we need that but been hurt and not young. Shouldn't cost the world.

Make it happen Dodo.

*Rodo

People on the Melbourne board seem to trust this person;
Its surprising how quickly Petraccas move has escalated. The stuff thats coming out, he seems like his mind is completely made up. Oliver and Goodwin being drug and gambling addicts would definitely be part of it, but it seems the main issue is with the medical staff. Nothing can fix that it seems.

I can’t be the only one that wants us to take a ‘head down bum up’ approach to this off season.

Stay away from chasing big fish, retain our talent and our draft picks, turn the list over a bit and go again.

I’m sure Melbourne would love to get off Oliver’s contract. The bigger question is who would want to take that on. Having to pay him 1M a season in 2028 is a huge albatross.

Crows and or Saints are the only teams that seem like possible landing spots. But why would they give up anything to take on Melbournes problem.

If you thought it cost a lot to take on Jack Bowes contract. Oliver’s is so much worse. Probably cost multiple firsts and make Melbourne pay 300k a year

I can’t be the only one that wants us to take a ‘head down bum up’ approach to this off season.

Stay away from chasing big fish, retain our talent and our draft picks, turn the list over a bit and go again.
I want draft picks, but if something can be manufactured that allows us to keep our first, land Kako and bring in Petracca for 2 or 3 years, I think we'd be silly not to check it out. Brings leadership qualities + edge.

Imagine the value of Trac's experience and attitude for the development of Caldwell, Durham, Tsatas Hobbs and (if anyone needs it) Perkins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back