Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

A whole lot of nothing. With no big name trades involving Essendon, they're going to struggle without the off-season premiers. What are they going to do without all of the "Dodoro is too hard to deal with" articles?

A whole lot of nothing. With no big name trades involving Essendon, they're going to struggle without the off-season premiers. What are they going to do without all of the "Dodoro is too hard to deal with" articles?

Essendon have the cap space, list spots and motivation to be able to essentially buy picks.

at the very least doing a splashy salary dump for a decent pick + 2 top 10 picks (one only costing a 2nd rounder) is a good starting point to win the offseason.

Especially when bigger trades seem more questions then answers

And that's fine, but people shouldn't tell others to not like indulging in that type of chat.
Where did I tell anyone not to comment. I said the bloke has to ask to leave before we can trade him. That is all.

All this I would trade Parish for this or that. The bloke actually has to want to leave first.
It's like when people sook it up because we didn't bring in player xyz. They've got to actually want to come here in the first place and I can't blame any of them for wanting to play somewhere else.

Without cross checking, I wonder if the posters considering Petracca trades are the same ones that blame Dodoro for all the clubs ills?

A Petracca trade would be the most on brand dodoro trade.
To be fair to dod0, he said no to 2xfrp for Dunkley and also tried to veto 2x frp for Shiel but was overruled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could Hobbs, 2024 & 2025 F1 rounders get Reid?
Tsatas, Reid & Alwyn jnr under Caldwell, Durham & Merrett would be great
It's what Merrett would want

To be fair to dod0, he said no to 2xfrp for Dunkley and also tried to veto 2x frp for Shiel but was overruled.
No worries Adrian

K Pickett said in his exit interview that he loves Essendon and ….nah …apparently according to Mitch Cleary and just repeated on AFL360 ..that he told them he’s home sick and it may lead to a trade request.

The red flags here are everywhere

Signs a seven-year deal and two years in wants to leave. Apparently only wants to go to a “big club” with “big crowds” for “Brand Petracca”?

Why did you sign for Melbourne for seven ****ing years then?

Coming off a career threatening injury? 29yo next year? Melbourne would want a kings ransom?

You couldn’t say no to this quickly enough.

I think most likely there are no serious deals available to get it done and Melbourne are left to pick up the pieces
Big club for brand building is the part that doesn't sit well with me. He just wants to leverage a club's supporter base. I don't know why his management thought that would be a positive selling point.

I’d happily trade parish for a second round pick,

look at Archie Roberts he was a pick in the 50s. Already I can at least see a hungry competitive young fella having a crack, unlike that fairy parish who just runs around getting cheap touches.

Looks like they picked the eyes out of the draft late last year, wasn't just us, look at the 50+ gems

50- Hugo Garcia
54- Archie Roberts
56- Calsher Dear
59- Harvey Thomas
62- Arie Schoenmaker
63- Lawson Humphries (2nd last overall)

Get stuffed Petracca, why wouldn't you want to come to Essendon.
An extra month of holidays in September, you only have to run hard when you have the ball. If you want to take it a bit easy and phone it in, later in the season the coach is your fall guy. Plus plenty of company in the rehab group.
Seems like a lovely place to grow old.

Essendon Off Season Stalls - The Bombers have been unable to get off the ground this exchange period without the presence of list guru Adrian Dodoro...

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back