Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Possessing lightning quick speed, an elite ability to find the goals and a ruthless tenacity to pressure opposition defenders.

Could also be the reincarnate of our lord and saviour if you believe what the Suns website is running...

Is it? Another small on the list? Who are we delisting to fit him. Have too many smalls already
Move a Davey to the rookie list, and next year we’ll be in a good position to delist the small forwards who don’t look like making the grade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need a bunch of genuine smalls to address the imbalance of the list.
One backup for McGrath if he's injured.
One good small defender who can deliver rebound from half back.
One rover to succeed Merrett when he gets older.
Three quality small forwards. Plus backups.
The club needs to stop taking advice from nuffies and start putting an appropriate squad together.

Get it done Rosas
Blaming Spider-Man GIF

1. Has not been told in no uncertain terms they do not want him
2. No other club has been looking at the price.
3. Parish has not come out and said he wants to go.

I am not a fan. I was in a very small minority two years ago when I said I would trade him with 1 year left on his last contract and get a reasonable pick for him ( first round after pick 5) and there was some background interest then. Now we are stuck with him. No one is playing more than second round and we would have to pay some of his salary for at least two years.
He is a much better player than his form this year showed but he now has two years where he has had 5 week injury and struggled to find form after it.
I get it. People want to see him gone but he has not said he wants to go and no one is knocking on the door now he has 5 years left at $750 - $800k.
Maybe I just get nothing from dreaming about hypothetical trades.

I don’t want him gone.

I want to hit the draft hard over the next couple of years.

Our current list isn’t winning a flag. It’s not going to happen.

In a couple of years Tassie will get a lot of the top picks.

I want to see us strike now.

You need to give up something of value to get decent picks. On our list I’m thinking Parish, Redman, Ridley are prime candidates. They are actually worth something and we can cover their loss better than we can our other players of value.

We can use some of our cap space to pay parts of their contracts and offer a great deal in exchange for the picks we need.

All this I would trade Parish for this or that. The bloke actually has to want to leave first.

I’ve been a fan of Parish but we need to tell him that we will consider a trade if an appropriate deal can be made. Not sure if Hobbs or Tsatas will make it but we need to be bold like Hawthorn and realise that guys like Parish & his defensive issues aren’t taking us to the top 4.

Richmond will need some senior players (he won’t want to go there but…oh well)
Do a deal where they get Parish&28, we get 39,41,47,57 and tigers 2025 R3+R4 with a gentleman’s agreement that after the Kako bid we can buy back a second rounder this year for our 2025 R3+R4

Parish out but we get points for Kako, another 2nd rounder, slightly better hand in ‘25

To be fair to dod0, he said no to 2xfrp for Dunkley and also tried to veto 2x frp for Shiel but was overruled.
To be fair?

From what I heard he offered two and the dogs told him to get ****ed because they would get eaten by the Ugle Hagan bid and noone wanted to go all in on the covid draft except Collingwood.

And if he didn't why the **** did he sit all on 3 picks instead of trying to trade one for the following year.

I don’t want him gone.

I want to hit the draft hard over the next couple of years.

Our current list isn’t winning a flag. It’s not going to happen.

In a couple of years Tassie will get a lot of the top picks.

I want to see us strike now.

You need to give up something of value to get decent picks. On our list I’m thinking Parish, Redman, Ridley are prime candidates. They are actually worth something and we can cover their loss better than we can our other players of value.

We can use some of our cap space to pay parts of their contracts and offer a great deal in exchange for the picks we need.
Might as well trade Merett if you're looking at it like that.

I also think it's awful to sign players to long ass contracts (Parish, Redman) and then try and **** them off a year later, same for players who try and move after doing the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back