Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

I have Gulden in keeper, we'd ruin him, he can stay with the Swans.
Oh do you?

Happy Daffy Duck GIF by Looney Tunes

A Stringer for Luke Parker straight swap would drastically improve our team.

Honestly, I’m surprised a lot more haven’t gone after Lloyd around this.

Was a dreadful leader and the standards slipping the way have can be pointed towards his tenure as skipper.

Given he now lives as Caro’s lapdog he’s afforded certain privileges.

Awful media performer that throws stones from glass houses

Hardwick probably realized Rosas and Luko don't have what it takes to win how he wants them to win, he knows what being soft and lazy looks like and instead of trying to fix that he's booting them out, we'd try fix them for years and get nowhere.
The kind of hard calls I'd like to see Scott make.
Dimma steps in, bang, Pick 2 Luko's gone.
Meanwhile, Stringer and Laverde could stay, plus there's blah blah blah usuals.

I just want the club to be decisive. The bottom line is we're either in the window or not. If not, move the dead wood on.

Why is Weidemann being spoken about as depth when Hayes was close to over taking him at years end anyway.

If anything, losing Laverde and Weidemann would allow us to take a rookie KPD and develop behind Reid, Hayes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is Weidemann being spoken about as depth when Hayes was close to over taking him at years end anyway.

If anything, losing Laverde and Weidemann would allow us to take a rookie KPD and develop behind Reid, Hayes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’d be relying on an injury prone Ridley and Reid, a yet to debut Hayes and a rookie to cover our key defensive posts? Brave

Tbh I would have kept Hep on another season over Kelly. Kelly is as cooked as they come. Menzie at least has some youth on his side. If Kelly’s anywhere near the 22 next season it will mean a big question mark over our list depth.

No.
If I was saying do not talk about it I would say exactly that. Stop talking shit. That would be the message. Get over yourself. I have never told anyone to stop posting.

You posted your opinion. I posted mine.if you want to post the same thing over and over then expect some to disagree.

The safe play in this so we do not waste time on more spuds is to see if Laverde and Stringer go.
If Laverde goes you keep Weideman as back up.
Kelly is not clear cut. I think he is finished but we pretty much have 3 back pockets on the list. McGrath/Redman/Kelly.
Maybe they can cover it. Maybe we need him for another year.
I wouldn't say Redman is a lockdown defender tbh. He's struggled in that role previously.

I think Lual is the lock down guy in the ressies so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The kind of hard calls I'd like to see Scott make.
Dimma steps in, bang, Pick 2 Luko's gone.
Meanwhile, Stringer and Laverde could stay, plus there's blah blah blah usuals.

I just want the club to be decisive. The bottom line is we're either in the window or not. If not, move the dead wood on.

Dimma in one of his post matches explicitly said he was guilty of not being able to get the most out of Lukosius. So it is at least a partial case of him looking for greener pastures and less showing the door, and they have already said the door is not closed on him staying if the right deal can’t be struck.

So where are we at list wise. Goldy hepp Kelly retired, Wanganeen, hind and Baldwin delisted.
With potential of leverde Hobbs and stringer moving too.

Who else? Weiderman?
Surely we must have a trades in mind, because we aren’t gonna go this deep into the draft.
This is the perfect draft to find some late gems

Why would they delist Rosas if he is any good?
Cos Hardwick wants his little tiges back.
He played well the previous 2 years before this year.
It's a question of if we get him & 2mp, caddy, rosas, the, stringer & jones all fire, it'll be how much we kickass.

Hobbs and Tsatas haven't found their ceiling. Both show attributes that may, with time and opportunity, translate at the top level. Would be a bit much to trade them this year when we have so much actual deadwood to trim. Can't go too deep in a single year. If you're AFL standard or potentially AFL-standard, you stay. If you've proven you're an at-best middling VFL type, like Weid, Menzies, Laverde or Kelly, you should be shown the door. Pay out whatever we need to pay out. Don't suffer mediocrity on the list. Spots are tight: if you have one, you're either AFL-quality or potential AFL-quality. Period.
Tsatas might shake it up in vfl, but he's woeful in afl. Not up to it.
Hobbs hasn't had much of a chance. Pity, he's well worth it to a different team though.

Dimma in one of his post matches explicitly said he was guilty of not being able to get the most out of Lukosius. So it is at least a partial case of him looking for greener pastures and less showing the door, and they have already said the door is not closed on him staying if the right deal can’t be struck.
I'm in the minority, but I do question Dimma's stance on Lukosius. He is an excellent kick in a team full of butchers. The Richmond 2017-2021 gameplan doesn't work in modern football. Nowadays, hard running and toughness needs to come with good skills. It's the Daicos, Warner and JHF-type players that do well over the Oliver type because they're damaging by foot. Collingwood last year, Sydney, Hawthorn and GWS are great examples of what modern football looks like. Port and Geelong too.

The Richmond-style hack kicking and running teams to the ground with superior fitness isn't going to work outside of humid QLD. Melbourne, Carlton and to a lesser extent Brisbane have been found out because of a deficiency in skills across the team.

If we were further ahead in our rebuild, then I'd want us to chase Lukosius. He is a match winner with great skills. Unfortunately we struggle with toughness around the contest as it is so we can't carry him in our side, but Gold Coast have more than enough "blue collar" players to cover his deficiencies. What he gives them at his best is something that can't be matched by most of their list. It's a weird decision looking at their list profile.

Kelly is a pretty good example of the type of player we haven't had enough of; guys who give you 100% each and every week. Yes I agree he's struggled this year and is in line for delisting, but given we've already got at least 5 spots to fill I don't think it's the end of the world if they throw 1 year at him. Weideman similar.

Once again though, if your in favour of the scorched earth rebuild most of this stuff won't matter to you.
Weid is a ****ing list clogging shit.
Kelly is awful. Cut the shit & let's get on with winning ffs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back