Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

The strength of this draft makes me want another pick inside 20. I understand that kako bid would likely happy in that range but if we could get 2 players inside 20 and kako would really kickstart a rebuild. Would anyone give up a pick inside 20 for Langford

The strength of this draft makes me want another pick inside 20. I understand that kako bid would likely happy in that range but if we could get 2 players inside 20 and kako would really kickstart a rebuild. Would anyone give up a pick inside 20 for Langford
Yeah, but I’d definitely not trade Langford.

28 year old, think he’s replaceable. Ver good but not elite player
Played injured for half the year. He’s a consistent 50 goal/year forward. We can’t replace that. He’s also 27

Id take a an F2 for either if they requested a trade. Its more about us showing that we are now going to start building a balanced list and playing a balanced side with players in natural positions. That we are not going to sign players to ridiculous contracts or extend early just because. We still need to draft another contested marking key forward to pair with Caddy eventually. For now we have either Wright or Jones to be his sidekick. You're not forcing one out just because they aren't going to be guaranteed AFL every week. More than half of the list is not guaranteed AFL every week. Its not wasting away its developing and becoming a player that is undroppable. Both Wright and Jones have serious flaws so big pre season and battle for the 2nd tall forward spot.
Were not talking about extending 2MP or HJ to ridiculous contract terms here though

Having them play considerable amounts of VFL football for 12 months greatly diminishes their value

Thats not what 24 or 27 year olds are for

That for older guys or young guys. These guys are in prime age

If we lost one, no doubt a KPF like Armstrong would go further up our list as would a FA move for one

Or recruiting a mature aged one from the 2nd tier comp

If the premise is there is only 1 spot for them, then id only be keeping both if we cant get an early F2 for them or we think there is a good chance either Draper or 2MP are leaving in 12 months

Last edited:
Played injured for half the year. He’s a consistent 50 goal/year forward. We can’t replace that. He’s also 27
Not really worth correcting when the next time he pulls on the sash he will be 28. We also can’t replace the 40 odd from stringer but everyone seems happy to trade him. Langford is good not elite, and sometimes you need to give something to get something in return.

Were not talking about extending 2MP or HJ to ridiculous contract terms here though

Having them play considerable amounts of VFL football for 12 months greatly diminishes their value

Thats not what 24 or 27 year olds are for

That for older guys or young guys. These guys are in prime age

If we lost one, no doubt a KPF like Armstrong would go further up our list as would a FA move for one

Or recruiting a mature aged one from the 2nd tier comp

If the premise is there is only 1 spot for them, then id only be keeping both if we cant get an early F2 for them or we think there is a good chance either Draper or 2MP are leaving in 12 months
Jones is not in his prime

Hmm significant contested player is a stretch

He's very, very good at reading the ball off ruck taps and in motion. Usually very clean at collecting and moving through congestion to transition from inside to outside of a stoppage, and we've seen how he can play massive games in the wet.

He's a guy you want as your 2nd or 3rd best midfielder alongside some bigger bodies IMO. Imagine him lining up with guys like Dangerfield and Holmes (both ~ 190) alongside him.

Our midfield mix is a bit wonky because we simply don't have the big bodies to roll through there, and we lack genuine hardball winning players, so Parish is a bit of an odd one out. But he can certainly win contested possessions, just not the hardball gets component that we don't really have anyone else doing either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He averaged 1.25 goals a game in the second half of the year, so not really consistent. And has kicked 50 goals once (in 10 years).

He's a very good player, but 'a consistent 50 goal/year forward' is factually untrue.

Soft, doesn't kick goals, goes to ground way too easily.
36 from 21 afl games isn’t bad, and would of won our vfl award this season. Agree he is soft in the contest but he isn’t that sort of player. More of a run and jump player. I’m here nor there on him as I don’t think he has the consistency to play afl footy… although when looking at Stringer trades. He looks like the type id give 12 months to as the steak knifes in the deal.

36 from 21 afl games isn’t bad, and would of won our vfl award this season. Agree he is soft in the contest but he isn’t that sort of player. More of a run and jump player. I’m here nor there on him as I don’t think he has the consistency to play afl footy… although when looking at Stringer trades. He looks like the type id give 12 months to as the steak knifes in the deal.

At 193cm and not physical he's another in the category of Stringer / Langford. Not a true KPP, not a small. Lack of physicality and ground level pressure is a big issue for us so not sure he's a fit.

He averaged 1.25 goals a game in the second half of the year, so not really consistent. And has kicked 50 goals once (in 10 years).

He's a very good player, but 'a consistent 50 goal/year forward' is factually untrue.
Yeah, that was the part of the year he was injured. Which I referenced in the post you quoted.

Parish to port for a future first and maybe a throw in player seems a good deal for both sides.

Port will find it hard to stay top 4 the way some of the teams below them are progressing especially with a harder schedule

Do a Jake + F2 for F1 of a team that’s interested in him and that would give Essendon up to 3 FRPs to trade for Harley Reid next season before using future picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back