Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

All this talk of Shanhan and Armstrong; of the remaining teams in the finals only GWS have spent a top 10 pick on a KPP. We are up to 3 already. This is not the way to build a highly functional system.
Im looking for ball use and football IQ first and foremost in every single player we take. I dont know if it was pure luck that we picked Archie Roberts so late but he has both and has proved he's not soft either. Plus he's gone and worked on his defence which seemed to be the query on him. Need to draft tough characters that want to get their hands dirty while still having a competent level of skill and smarts. Dodos list build style has proven time and time again what its peak is, mid table. We dont know much about Rosa yet but at least its going to be change.

He's been basically best on ground for them a few times recently. I have no issue offering him a big deal if they can't afford him we might get lucky.

If Scott did not rate him we would not have had a 1 year deal on the table. The problem was list management thought eveything was going to be okay at 1 year. The fact we where prepared to go to two even though it was too late showed we where still keen enough. It got fumbled because we just sat there thinking one year was going to be okay and we just let it sit on the table. Clearly Scott did rate him enough to say offer him a contract and then be on board with offering two years to keep him. If he did not then he would have been delisted.
Who was managing contracts at that stage?

Who else feels like this year's recruiting will be like fishing with a big hook but using cheap bait. No big fish caught just some small fish you will soon throw back.

I know he had some injuries, but is DGB worth trying to pry from Hawthorne?
DGB is a bust, why do you think Hawthorne are chasing Barrass (the good one) and Battle?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, is he playing in our side ahead of Martin? Or Durham? Of Duursma?
None of them, Hawks have half their team (Mass, MacDonald, Moore, Ginnivan, Ward. Watson, Morrison, Impey, Amon, Nash, Hardwick) various hb, wing, mid and hf rotational overlapping roles. We need at least 5 more of these types.

Kako will be one.

Exactly.

While it is annoying that we have given away a quality player for nothing, we have a surplus of similar players. It is what it is.

Are you serious?

You're right , there are only so many great players allowed in one team, once you reach 3 it's best to give them away and fill the rest of your side with plebs.

Incase I'm im mistaken we still had Duursma Durham Martin and Roberts playing this year yet still had cox or Jones on a wing

The fact that we couldn't recognise the kid had enough talent and ability to lock him in for more than a year just highlights how poor we are at everything.

Only way we are getting out of this mess is if we get lucky and hit the jackpot.

For all dodos failings his strength was finding these mid season or mature players missed by the system- be a shame to lose it as it's been a bit of a boon for us

For all dodos failings his strength was finding these mid season or mature players missed by the system- be a shame to lose it as it's been a bit of a boon for us
Was that dodo or some random scout no one has heard of who spends every weekend watching the magoos?

So where did that perkins go?
It’s a better question than why is Mass gone

I keep saying that Perkins incentives should all be tackle and contest based. He is skillful and poised with the football but gets lost and caught in between a lot. He’s naturally skilled but not a natural reader of the game.

He needs to be driven to defend and be a guy the opposition hate. He won’t make it if he is just focused on attack.

Unlike most guys he’s more likely to get 20+ possessions when he has 8 tackles than when he has 2, because he just isn’t clever enough to get himself involved when he has space and freedom.

Are you serious?

You're right , there are only so many great players allowed in one team, once you reach 3 it's best to give them away and fill the rest of your side with plebs.

Incase I'm im mistaken we still had Duursma Durham Martin and Roberts playing this year yet still had cox or Jones on a wing
way to take what I’m saying and totally misrepresent it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back