Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - đź’°đź’°đź’°

Remove this Banner Ad

POV : Essendon Supporters thinking they can get JUH and Harley Reid while only offering picks 110 and 140

Whilst continuing to build through the draft!

it will be like 2022 we will get guys for cheap they may have an upside while keeping our hand and go to the draft

Because he ain’t going to play on ball time, who is he going to take time off? Durham? Caldwell? The minutes we hope Tsatas gets this year. We don’t need him
Maybe a mid who doesn't run both ways and doesn't have much of a defensive side? Parish? Shiel? Or one that struggles to make it onto the park? Setterfield?

We're talking about a tall mid who's 23 and good for our mix, and at least gives us depth, comp for spots and flexibility.

As I said, if he's cheaply available I don't have a problem with it. He'd be the Setterfield clone I've ranted about needing during the year and the age profile is good.

Otherwise, I'd prefer draft picks.

Is this the best we can do? Josh Rotham. What a flipping joke we are.

With Jake Kelly retired, he could take that spot - as our most slagged off player.
i wouldn't slag off a guy who's hard as a cat's head and actually runs defensively. it's probably the starting point to add as many of this type to the list as we can. duursma, durham, caldwell is a start. roberts so far too i suppose.

Fin Mcginness & Josh Rotham 🤔 could do worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

finn's a gun runner isn't he. could absolutely see a role for him in our slow one-way team, not sure how we'd get it done given he's contracted.
he’s an excellent tagger, kept naicos to 6 touches or something like that last season

We can thank Adrian and to a lesser extend RFK for the debacle with the current draft hand. If we really are going after these d grade players then we will not progress under this regime either.

Hit the draft, completely bottom out, finish bottom 4 if need be but the pieces are in place to springboard when we finally bite the bullet and cut the shackles off the current list.

Hit the draft, completely bottom out, finish bottom 4 if need be but the pieces are in place to springboard when we finally bite the bullet and cut the shackles off the current list.
This is exactly what we need to do but we are so scared of the bottom of the ladder. We'd rather scrape into 11th each year and go flipping nowhere

This is exactly what we need to do but we are so scared of the bottom of the ladder. We'd rather scrape into 11th each year and go flipping nowhere
we lost Jake Kelly in a move going forward and then completely off set that by wanting to bring in Josh ******** Rotham.

We really are the dumbest sports organisation in the world

we lost Jake Kelly in a move going forward and then completely off set that by wanting to bring in Josh ******** Rotham.

We really are the dumbest sports organisation in the world
Why is this so bad? We need depth at his position and we could use a medium defender in the VFL. The medium sized defenders that are certainties to be on our list next year are Ridley and Redman - that's it. Hepps out, Kelly out, writing on the wall for Baldwin and no guarantees that Laverde will be around. Can't exactly be shocking to hear that we're looking for cheap, available defenders in the circumstances.

Now Ive heard we're looking at Tim Membrey.
HAHAHA!

If Maginness is a two-way running mid with a defensive side, I don't get why that would not interest people.
Would have to be cheaply acquired for me. I'm keen on the draft.

Because it’s not a sexy, flashy move. The supporter base would much prefer multiple first round picks on someone that doesn’t care or work hard but will take mark of the year once like Shai Bolton.

Premierships are built on role players that are willing to do the work. The supporter base aren’t even willing to do the work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - đź’°đź’°đź’°

Remove this Banner Ad

Back