Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Archie Roberts debuted on the wing and at half back against Freo. I was there, he definitely played as a wing and across half back. He probably could've played sooner, and played so well he kept his spot.
View attachment 2131013

ADJ probably should've played more games/game time, but fitness held him back. He performed a role we lack and will hopefully develop with opportunity.
ADJ is way too soft to be playing AFL right this minute. I can seriously only think of one player that went from soft as butter to being a very dependable footballer, in fact he became better than average - Bacher Houli - and he wasn’t nearly as soft as ADJ.

Will be absolutely rapt if ADJ toughens up but for me it’ll be more of a surprise if he makes it. No question about his skills.

Whats worse. Geelong making these crazy trade demands or clubs like Gold Coast and Eagles that pay them.
Or if that's worse then Geelong dodging any blowback from the drugs saga when we took on their ex staff.
Or their captain getting out of suspensions because he's the players pres.

Their supporters think they can do no wrong because they always get away with it.

Before Melbourne put their foot down today, the narrative was that Melbourne were lucky to get anything at all from Geelong as Geelong were doing Melbourne a favour by taking Oliver off their hands.

Melbourne are now apparently the bad guys according to Geelong supporters for not letting Oliver walk for peanuts.

Before Melbourne put their foot down today, the narrative was that Melbourne were lucky to get anything at all from Geelong as Geelong were doing Melbourne a favour by taking Oliver off their hands.

Melbourne are now apparently the bad guys according to Geelong supporters for not letting Oliver walk for peanuts.
Or Melbourne just worked out that if you want to unload a player with a 7 year contract worth north of $850k and not have it on your books then you have to accept the low ball offer. May be a bit salty from the Cats fans for sure but Melbourne where in la la land if they thought they could move him on and his salary and expect some sort of premium return.
They shopped him and then quickly found out the price would not be right.

You think they only got band 1 compo because of the bnf speech? Wouldn't it have been based on the contract?
I think the speech probably played a part

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wasn’t required to ruck because most weeks we carried two rucks alongside him.

I don’t rate wright that highly, In fact I don’t really rate any of our tall forwards bar caddy.

I’m proposing that we not rely on him as our number 1 forward target but use him as a second ruck. Allowing for us to play another runner.

The stage should be set for caddy to flourish.

I think he’s very capable of kicking 1 or 2 and chopping out the ruck and I think that’s much more serviceable than playing Bryan #1 with Draper forward.
Fair enough. I see him as problematic at his current standard as he needs the ball kicked to him regularly to have an impact - all he can do is compete in the air, but if he just drops marks we may as well kick it to someone else.

If he keeps on his current path he may not even be in the AFL in 2 yrs so he really needs to turn it around drastically. Hope he knows where he’s at, but I’m not confident that the coaching staff would tell him, or that he would know himself.

Would be silly to at that range. I’d rather take our 1st and the subsequent pick. Might get multiple quality players rather than only 1.
Not often it aint matched

We still get to use pick 32 or whatever if we match with Kako

I think im running the gauntlet and preying with some good strategies to get Future picks and current late picks if a live bid comes in

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back