Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello,
Reading a few articles, I believe it seems kako is starting to climb up draft boards.
Looking at the amount of players Richmond are going to lose and the draft picks we’ll get.
Just seeing your thoughts on

Richmond Give 14 and 32, 42, 44, 60, 69

For pick 9

Essentially trading out 5 picks that we won’t use for a 5 pick upgrade and giving you guys plenty of points to match an early bid on kako whilst still having a top 15 pick.

850k+ is a large range

It was assumed by many that reported it that Band 1 would require atleast a 9 in front of it

They lobbied hard for band 1. They wouldnt have if they thought it was pointless
I must have missed the lobby. All i heard was people claim a bnf speech from the president changed the compensation for Battle.

Hello,
Reading a few articles, I believe it seems kako is starting to climb up draft boards.
Looking at the amount of players Richmond are going to lose and the draft picks we’ll get.
Just seeing your thoughts on

Richmond Give 14 and 32, 42, 44, 60, 69

For pick 9

Essentially trading out 5 picks that we won’t use for a 5 pick upgrade and giving you guys plenty of points to match an early bid on kako whilst still having a top 15 pick.
John Candy No GIF by Laff

Fair enough,
Out of curiosity what would you do if a bid came for kako at the saints pick 8?
My scenario would allow you guys to match that bid, whilst also getting pick 14 and keeping pick 31.
Vs
If saints bid on Kako,
You burn pick 9 and drop from 31 to 35.
What would you prefer?

Fair enough,
My scenario would allow you guys to match that bid, whilst also getting pick 14 and keeping pick 31.
Vs
If saints bid on Kako,
What would you prefer?

I'd say we'd have a plan to live trade pick 9 if a bid came in before 9. I don't see any sense to trade it before that point.

Fair enough,
Vs
If saints bid on Kako,
What would you prefer?

Thing is pick 14 would get burnt in this trade as points matching goes sequentially from best pick so we’d have to have 14 for a future first lined up.

We’d also need another trade for 28 at the same time.

In theory it’s pretty good value but the way points matching works I don’t think it’s the right deal

Fair enough,
Vs
If saints bid on Kako,
What would you prefer?
Id expect us to hold pick 9 and 31 till draft night and have plans to trade out if a bid comes before 9

Many teams i suspect will be pretty enticed to get pick 9

It would be interesting if the suns decided to come back in before Lombard with an F1

Absolute worst case scenario is Brisbane will give their F1

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back