Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

We liked him when he went in the MSD, but I would think we would need Shiel to move on and it may cost Setterfield his list spot as depth.

Otherwise that is an over indexation of pure mids when we have a lot of other needs.

Culley can play forward. Suits us a lot.

Happy for this to be a nice and simple trade period where we consolidate different areas of the field.

Trade 1: Stringer and a future 3rd to GWS for Connor Stone, #37 and #53

Trade 2: Future 4th to Brisbane for Jaxon Prior

Main draft: Use #9 to draft Tobie Travaglia and then picks #31, #37 and #53 to get Kako. Upgrade Menzie with our last pick.

Rookie Draft: Use one pick to draft a project KPF.

Re-sign: Setterfield and Weideman as depth for one more year on the main list. J Davey gets moved to the rookie list for one more chance.

Gives us a bunch of good runners off the back flank in Stone, Prior and Travaglia along with a livewire forward in Kako.
I god hope were not just accepting Connor Stone for Stringer

Isnt the whole point of not offering him 2 years to get something decent?

F2, 57, 60, 78 at a minimum for me just for Stringer

If there was a Kako bid around 6-8...

Ess out Jake+Dylan+9 - We pay 100% of Jake and Dyls 2025 salary
GWS out 15+16+53+56+Stone

Ess out 15
Dees out F1st+49

Ess out 16
Dogs F1st+48

Trade 31 for a 2025 2nd.

Heaps of Kako points, 2 extra 1st rounders and an extra 2nd in 2025.

Give our kids another year to develop and allow Rosa to build a solid plan with a great draft hand in 12 months?

I'd be fine with a straight swap.

If we're not willing to offer 2 years, I don't think you can expect to get a whole lot back.

I also get the feeling we might just prefer him to leave (nothing to back this up other than an inkling) - he doesn't really fit with what it looks like we're trying to do.

I have the same feeling, that Ess actually would prefer Stringer to leave but are not making the mistake of actively and obviously pushing him out which would destroy what little trade value he has. Same thing for Laverde, I think they'd be quite happy if both of them leave and will more or less take whatever small return they get. I'm not expecting much for either of them.

No. Not at all.

The point of not offering him the deal is to get him to ask to leave because he creates structural imbalance, is not playing at a standard that justifies the structural imbalance, produces a structural imbalance our side is not close to being able to absorb and is otherwise not reliable and is not setting standards we'd want from a veteran player.

Having said all of that a straight swap for Stone is perfect, the sort of value that justifies the deal. GWS are not giving him up without a fight as he is contracted. He's big for a flanker, he's powerful, got good skills and brings serious repeat sprint capacity to the team.

Now if we can just turn Shiel into O'Halloran. Very similar player to Stone, though he inside bull capacity and more a of defensive mindset, bit more aggressive but lacks the skill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back