Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be a spite/tactical bid if it happens. Lombard superior academy player, and about at least 14 rated higher.
Yeah Kako is not a top 10. Wait until the draft, no need to be jumping at shadows.

When St Kilda interviewed him, I'm sure they were told that he wants to come to Essendon, has been in touch with Caddy all year and wants to play together.

Yeah Kako is not a top 10. Wait until the draft, no need to be jumping at shadows.

When St Kilda interviewed him, I'm sure they were told that he wants to come to Essendon, has been in touch with Caddy all year and wants to play together.
just sounds like rocks being thrown to shake the tree of us moving our pick 9.

It’s a good tactic to interview and show interest in kako from st kilda.

For immigrants?

If I was the Stringer camp I would immediately be pushing a ‘They’re pushing me out because I explored Islam’ barrow and the PR battle would be immediately and permanently lost for the club.
Or it goes the other was and people think his camp are blaming others for his short comings .

just sounds like rocks being thrown to shake the tree of us moving our pick 9.
It probably is but it is the season for clubs to be feeding their media favorites with information designed to bluff other clubs. It is not out of the realms of possibility that the Saints rate Kako. Lets face it Kako has been rated at around 15 or there about all season and had a good Champ series and was strong in the Coates before he got injured so you are only looking at him being up 7 spots . He is a real competitor which is what clubs like.
I think we are still in a good position either way. No bid and we get two players in the top 20. If there is a bid we will get a future first for 9 on the night so we have 1 guy this year and two first round next year.
I know lots want two this year and that is the best scenario but I think you agree that two first rounds next year plays out well. Who knows. I am not one to ever think too much about Harley Reid but for dreaming sake "if" he wants out of WC next year we could offer two first rounds and a F1. Not that it is my preferred thing to do but I think you would agree that having two first rounds next year gives us a few different options.
I am 80% sure we will get a pick before the bid. I know every draft ranking has him at 12 plus but there is a slight chance someone rates him as the best small forward even with Berry and Hotton.
Anyway I do not think we really lose whatever happens. Even if we decide not to match. We have 3 scenarios that still net us a good result.

And if they do you take the future first from someone and take Kako as with the discount we will get him as an equivalent of pick 13. Basically trading down four picks for a future first.
And as I mentioned above for those dreaming of Harley Reid we would have two Round 1 picks and a future First to negotiate with.

There is not a lot of difference between 8 and 15. To say flat out he is not top 10 simply because he has not been in the top 10 discussions from draft watchers is wrong. I would believe Cal Twomey when he says it is borderline. He is the guy who has a track record of getting the draft results closer than anyone. The fact he has contact with Caddy and wants to come to us will have zero to do with anything if someone decides he is top ten in their ratings. Personally I think he will most likely get through but going from 15 to 7 is not totally unlikely. I think we get him after 9 given the what is available so we get two in the top 20 this year personally but I would not say 100% The Saints or someone else who could possibly trade up with the Saints could bid on him.

There is not a lot of difference between 8 and 15. To say flat out he is not top 10 simply because he has not been in the top 10 discussions from draft watchers is wrong. I would believe Cal Twomey when he says it is borderline. He is the guy who has a track record of getting the draft results closer than anyone. The fact he has contact with Caddy and wants to come to us will have zero to do with anything if someone decides he is top ten in their ratings. Personally I think he will most likely get through but going from 15 to 7 is not totally unlikely. I think we get him after 9 given the what is available so we get two in the top 20 this year personally but I would not say 100% The Saints or someone else who could possibly trade up with the Saints could bid on him.
The point of my comment was that based on reported rankings so far, there is no need to trade away 9 now.

One scenario that has not been discussed is a side holding a pick in the 10 to 15 range that rates Kako trading up with the Saints for pick 8. For arguments sake if GWS where super keen they could offer 15 & 21 for 8 & 27 and a future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The point of my comment was that based on reported rankings so far, there is no need to trade away 9 now.
I agree there is no point doing anything until draft night but the rankings are what they are as no one has an exact order of how they rate them. I am in a position to discuss some of this with lower level recruiting guys and without giving anything away they all say there will be some surprises this year simply because of how even the top 15 is. It will come down to if clubs rate certain guys and some clubs may go with a pick to fill a need inside the top 10 more than best available if they have more than 1 picks. The Tigers may end up with 3 top 10 picks so they could easily do it. My view is reported rankings so far are not what they have been in previous years because we have never had a draft like this where no one can pin down number one or even the top 5. The move is 100% hold unless someone offers up something like future F1 & F2 and picks for this year .

I think it is more 80% personally but 65% or 70% or 80% is really not here or there. . Saints or Tigers , who will have multiple picks the obvious dangers. Melbourne could be another danger if they rate him and get one of the Saints picks for a overs deal but it would have to be well in favor of the Saints for them to give up 8. If I believe what has been reported and a few whispers I have heard the Saints have been doing third and fourth interviews with 7 draftees.

Yeah I think people saying Kako would only be a spite bid, or that he’s not in the top 10 are off the mark. He might not be in some people’s “rankings” but he’s in the discussion/mix of that area.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back