Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Overs imo, Richmond making out like bandits this off-season
Contracted another 4 years, with three firsts coming in, it was always going to be overs.

No trades until 2 today is still really stupid

It's a bit of a wank, but they'll all still get reported if they happen won't they?. Think they'll get the US Sports-style 'agreed in principle' thing.

Think they shut it down again from 3-6pm or something so they can all technically take place in the last 90 minutes (pre 730) - they're really leaning into the US Sports thing.

It's a bit of a wank, but they'll all still get reported if they happen won't they?. Think they'll get the US Sports-style 'agreed in principle' thing.

Think they shut it down again from 3-6pm or something so they can all technically take place in the last 90 minutes (pre 730) - they're really leaning into the US Sports thing.
Nah they keep it open from 2 I think now because the list managers complained about the fact that the last trade gets submitted an hour after the deadline.

Freddy Treacy Bolton
Switta Amiss Jackson

We're getting into best forward line on paper territory imo, has everything you need. Sturt as the medium tall is a shout as well.
No excuses for Freo next year. Will have close to the best team on paper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No excuses for Freo next year. Will have close to the best team on paper.
main focus is keep Pearce/Darcy on the park, work out best use of Jackson and add a bit more defensive starch to the midfield mix. Like Port their mids are deadly breaking away from stoppages but if they lose the clearance they are pretty poor at defending.

Setterfield re-signed.

Leads me to believe Weid and Davey are out and that a deal for Stringer is organised.
Weid would be tied to Lav I reckon.

Weid would be tied to Lav I reckon.

Could be. I think it is more about list spots though right?

Rosa said we would look to take 3-4 picks in the draft.

At the moment that would require 3-6 draft picks depending on how many picks we burn on Kako.

If we keep both Weid and Davey and don't trade Stringer we can only use four picks. (The top four I guess really, it just means our backend s would be the end of the draft).

Trading Stringer gets us to using the top five. Davey likely goes before Weid and potentially to the rookie list in a straight swap for Menzie?

Feels like a bit like a day night test match.

Plodding along now, we'll break for dinner and then all hell will break loose with the new pill in the evening session.

And the Stringer trade is the new pill

The issue I have with Jones is the fact he has not shown he is a great mark on the lead or contested as a forward.
Good at floating in from the side or when he doesn’t have a KPD defending on the wing.
I think he’s good on the lead, not Matty Lloyd good though. Under the high ball though he’s very average for his height. Will never be the bear in the square type.

His pressure is very good though for his height.

Not sure he will ever amount to anything more than a solid afl role player

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back