AFL X - Your dream team

Remove this Banner Ad

i should have included Gunston.

Best team would probably be Richmond. Martin, Cotchin, Rance, Riewoldt would be hard to contest.

I`d like to see Buddy, and T Green, and Eddie Betts, and Fyfe.

Surely the best things about this format will be one on one contests and potential domination of elite talent.

i should have included Gunston.

Best team would probably be Richmond. Martin, Cotchin, Rance, Riewoldt would be hard to contest.

I`d like to see Buddy, and T Green, and Eddie Betts, and Fyfe.

Surely the best things about this format will be one on one contests and potential domination of elite talent.

Buddy would be amazing in a 7 v 7 game as he would have so much room to move and he would have dozens of one on one contests per match.

Players with a tank might be just as handy as players with pace. A mixture is ideal.

Docherty Weitering
Cuningham Cripps Petrevski-Seton
C Curnow Murphy

Int: E Curnow Williamson Pickett

B: Lever Hibberd
M: Oliver Viney Hunt
F: Petracca Hogan

I/C: T McDonald Garlett Jones

Ordinarily would probably have had Watts in there. Tempted to play Gawn even though there are limited rucking opportunities because he's such a good contested mark around the ground but I think he'd be too slow to be effective

B: Lever Hibberd
M: Oliver Viney Hunt
F: Petracca Hogan

I/C: T McDonald Garlett Jones

Ordinarily would probably have had Watts in there. Tempted to play Gawn even though there are limited rucking opportunities because he's such a good contested mark around the ground but I think he'd be too slow to be effective

Consistent across the ground.
Don't know about Hogan, but who knows in this format really.

Consistent across the ground.
Don't know about Hogan, but who knows in this format really.
As an excellent contested mark Hogan would thrive with more 1v1s I reckon. He's need to improve his leading but he's fairly mobile and he's be taking more shots closer to goal which works better for him. Plus I reckon the Hogan-Petracca-TMac-Garlett rotation would be a nightmare for any defense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it is an interesting concept on some levels, and it could be quite successful at a junior level in NSW and QLD where space can sometimes be at premium, and it also means all the kids would get more of a chance to be involved in the play. Easy to get lost if there are 17 other kids running around the ground on your team.

I agree with all of that except that we don't need AFL X for it - AFL 9s was growing pretty well in popularity. Not sure why they didn't just carry on with it - it's the "official social form" of the game, why not make a competitive side of it too...now we have 2 bastardised forms which just doesn't make sense.

I agree with all of that except that we don't need AFL X for it - AFL 9s was growing pretty well in popularity. Not sure why they didn't just carry on with it - it's the "official social form" of the game, why not make a competitive side of it too...now we have 2 bastardised forms which just doesn't make sense.

I play AFL 9's and I love it. But the rules are just too social based to be a professionally competitive league IMO. Also, 9 AFL players would struggle to find space. It's fine for ex-ammo hacks like me, but the superior fitness and speed of professionals would make it too congested.

I play AFL 9's and I love it. But the rules are just too social based to be a professionally competitive league IMO. Also, 9 AFL players would struggle to find space. It's fine for ex-ammo hacks like me, but the superior fitness and speed of professionals would make it too congested.

Why do we need a professional league?

Why do we need a professional league?
Why don't we?

I can see value in creating a commercially viable product that has the essence of Aussie Rules and can be played easily, anywhere in the world due to using Soccer infrastructure.

Whether there is an audience or not remains to be seen but I like the premise.

With regard to the point I made, AFL X will be designed to be more suitable as a spectator sport than 9's. It also may present an alternative to guys who'd like social, full contact footy without committment to a club and training.

B: Taylor | Tuohy
M: Blicavs | Selwood | Ablett
F: Hawkins | Dangerfield

Duncan | Thurlow | Cockatoo

- Selwood, Duncan, Ablett, Dangerfield pretty much pick themselves, especially with Ablett and Dangerfield being so effective up forward
- With Hawkins not being double/triple teamed I think his marking would be valuable (admittedly risky as he'd be easier to rebound off of than a small)
- Similarly, you couldn't let other KPF's mark everything so we'd need Taylor
- Tuohy gives great rebound and long kicking, plus being Irish I think he'd transition to the new format easier
- Unlike the KPF I don't think you could away with playing a ruckman without mobility, so Blicavs would match up well enough with any other part time ruckmen he'll face, and can run all day or be used as a defensive mid role as times.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL X - Your dream team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back