Aflq News Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grange played well, they have a really well drilled side, they ran the ball well through the centre and hit their forwards every time. In defence of Acu, Wynnum was missing their key forward and their entire midfiled. But Acu, don't talk up a team in a pre-season match again please. Grange well done.

Grange played well, they have a really well drilled side, they ran the ball well through the centre and hit their forwards every time. In defence of Acu, Wynnum was missing their key forward and their entire midfiled. But Acu, don't talk up a team in a pre-season match again please. Grange well done.
Agree with your thoughts Cappa, they played well and I think acu has a bit of egg on his face...

That surprises me that Kenmore did Coorparoo, I thought Coorparoo had a well balanced side this year. Kenmore has lots of room for improvement and have a new field and team to boost their moral. Kings lost a few talls, but picked a few from Morningside. It'll be an interesting year for Div 1.

yeah i know I didn't believe it at first when he told me that, but as I said about a week ago, Kenmore have recruited pretty well and should make the finals this year...i am not sure but i thing the kings might have had a few out.....

I just read that Coorparoo went down. I heard they lost Adam lewis and a few others. It's a practice game though, you never know to the season starts. How's Wynnum going to fare this year anyhow, I also heard they lost 10 senior players or more. Who else they pick up?

Knee is no good will be doing some coaching with the suncoast power this year.

also on wynnum being as good as people are saying, they where very lucky to win last year, lets see how they go this year with aspley and caloundra looking good. who would be there AFLQ a grade players at wynnum other than ASH, PLEASE ADD SO I CAN LAUGH.

Ash , Muff and Lewis I heard both played for Morningside. Might have only been a stint for both of them though. They mustn't be complete *******s. :eek:

Grange had Pennington,Hill,Bradforde and Cash out as well, for all the wynnum supporters out there. Good to see Adam Lewis fighting fit and playing forward, big loss for the Kings.

Does anybody know when Jeff White is suiting up for Redlands? This week maybe against Grange?

Ben McEntee to kick 100 at surfers? Is T.Tamburro still a demon?

Any prediction on this weeks trials?

Grange had Pennington,Hill,Bradforde and Cash out as well, for all the wynnum supporters out there. Good to see Adam Lewis fighting fit and playing forward, big loss for the Kings.

Does anybody know when Jeff White is suiting up for Redlands? This week maybe against Grange?

Ben McEntee to kick 100 at surfers? Is T.Tamburro still a demon?

Any prediction on this weeks trials?

jeff white played last weekend against morningside

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes they will. brisbane lions dont have a reserves prsccy game this week, so they got to play somewhere

the ressies dont have a game becaus the seniors arent playing. the afl never alow the listed or rookie listed players to play whenever the seniors arent playing. i hope it happens. but fitzpatrick and andrew wont let it happen

happens in melbourne every year mate so dont see why QLD league should be diufferent

all you have to do is look at past years. redlands have played the lions reserves numerous times on different weeks to the normal schedual. thats because when they are suposed to play the lions ressies, the senior side isnt playing. i dont make the rules

That surprises me that Kenmore did Coorparoo, I thought Coorparoo had a well balanced side this year. Kenmore has lots of room for improvement and have a new field and team to boost their moral. Kings lost a few talls, but picked a few from Morningside. It'll be an interesting year for Div 1.

It will be interesting year in State Assoc Div 1.. I called into Kenmore prac game for a while, they certainly have improved but still got work to do to challenge Caloundra, Wynnum, Yeronga and Aspley. Would be keen to see who does line up for Aspley in this league and if the rumours are true the majority of last years reserve premiership side is playing there. If so you think they would dominate even if they were lucky to win last years flag! :p

It will be interesting year in State Assoc Div 1.. I called into Kenmore prac game for a while, they certainly have improved but still got work to do to challenge Caloundra, Wynnum, Yeronga and Aspley. Would be keen to see who does line up for Aspley in this league and if the rumours are true the majority of last years reserve premiership side is playing there. If so you think they would dominate even if they were lucky to win last years flag! :p

Geez, I think you are getting carried away with the standard of the ressies in PHC!!!!! Think it will be a lot closer than a lot of people think

all you have to do is look at past years. redlands have played the lions reserves numerous times on different weeks to the normal schedual. thats because when they are suposed to play the lions ressies, the senior side isnt playing. i dont make the rules

With respect DC you're sort of half right. As no AFL clubs play this week a number of Vic based AFL teams can apply for "selected" players who need some extra work to play with their affiliated VFL club. It is up to the AFL (and I think the VFL) to approve.

In the case of the Bris Lions it is confused because they are not affiliated with any AFLQ clubs. Personally, as the Lions treat the local comp with some level of contempt I would be disappointed if the AFLQ admin agreed to allow any Lions players to line-up with any AFLQ club this week.

Anyway, what is the benefit to an AFLQ club to have a player that will not be part of their club play for them, and my guess is that the Lions coaching staff will decide what level of participation these players will have not the local club.

With respect DC you're sort of half right. As no AFL clubs play this week a number of Vic based AFL teams can apply for "selected" players who need some extra work to play with their affiliated VFL club. It is up to the AFL (and I think the VFL) to approve.

In the case of the Bris Lions it is confused because they are not affiliated with any AFLQ clubs. Personally, as the Lions treat the local comp with some level of contempt I would be disappointed if the AFLQ admin agreed to allow any Lions players to line-up with any AFLQ club this week.

Anyway, what is the benefit to an AFLQ club to have a player that will not be part of their club play for them, and my guess is that the Lions coaching staff will decide what level of participation these players will have not the local club.

in the vfl they have all differnet clubs that are affiliated to an afl club. only 2 clubs in the vfl are afl team based, collingwood and carlton. the lons are just a reserves team for the lions. the lions players should be thrown out to all other clubs in our comp. sadly that will never happen again

Just my thoughts but making a connection with lions players at anytime is good for a club. Sure they will play limited mtime and in the position that the lions want them to, but growing the connection and strengthening the relationship would be a smart move by Aspley.

So i say being the new club in state league they get alot from playing these players. Not short term gain but long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back