Aflq News

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry havn't herd off him i only moved to the coast last year from geelong who did he play for

Rayza said:
Any one know any news on coolangatta this year ? are they in the hunt for a flag ?

Well if you are advertising for players for them, I'd hope you are fully aware of how they are travelling. Anyway what level do they play at again? Div 2 in Qld? Who cares.

He had a strong year i played on him he is a very good player supper fit and strong played on the ball then moved up to the goals

Rayza said:
He had a strong year i played on him he is a very good player supper fit and strong played on the ball then moved up to the goals

Would he rate in the top few players in the competition, or just average?? What is the standard like up there?

matchwinner said:
Would he rate in the top few players in the competition, or just average?? What is the standard like up there?

Don't worry about Knee, there's no question he's top 5 or so in the AFLQ Div 2. In my view he'd be an easy walk up start at any Div 1 clubs. Strong, can run, great hands, steady kick. Would do well in most leagues.

Scott Ralph returns to Morningside after 6 seasons at VFL club Williamstown

Another former panther Barry O'Brien has scored a coaching gig in the Wagga region.

Krakour Magic said:
Don't worry about Knee, there's no question he's top 5 or so in the AFLQ Div 2. In my view he'd be an easy walk up start at any Div 1 clubs. Strong, can run, great hands, steady kick. Would do well in most leagues.
well it'll be good to play beside him this year!!

Rayza said:
If you want to be super fit you cant have too much supper

Can someone tell me something about Mayne Tigers.. are they a good club?i know they used to be but i hear there now struggling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hang Time said:
Can someone tell me something about Mayne Tigers.. are they a good club?i know they used to be but i hear there now struggling.

Struggled last year, having been relegated to Div 2 of AFLQ. They made the finals in Div 2, but that's 8th in a 12 team (?) competition. Only stayed in the 8 based on last game of the year.

Housego at centre half forward is one of the best in the state - won the league medal by miles.

Michael Silman in the centre is handy as well (fairly strong), as are Caleb Brown and Mark Dennis.

Thanks mate, thinking of heading up there i have spoken to a Luke Ferguson. He seems like a good bloke, can he play?

Hang Time said:
Thanks mate, thinking of heading up there i have spoken to a Luke Ferguson. He seems like a good bloke, can he play?

I've got a Mitch Ferguson on my list, but no Luke Ferguson. Maybe same guy? If same bloke, didn't do much last year based on my notes.

I know another club nearby Mayne if you're interested, and they're looking like having a very strong year - should be at least top 4. If interested, check the Wilston Grange website at www.gorillas.com.au

As for Qld, get up here - brilliant! Think September days every Saturday in winter, and great conditions for training.

Krakour Magic said:
I've got a Mitch Ferguson on my list, but no Luke Ferguson. Maybe same guy? If same bloke, didn't do much last year based on my notes.

I know another club nearby Mayne if you're interested, and they're looking like having a very strong year - should be at least top 4. If interested, check the Wilston Grange website at www.gorillas.com.au

As for Qld, get up here - brilliant! Think September days every Saturday in winter, and great conditions for training.
Grange? Top 4? They'd have to have picked up a few then...

Krakour Magic said:

Luke Ferguson is Mitch's brother. Solid players both of them.

Lenny29 said:
Anyone else? They were a fairly even average side last year, and would need a few quality recruits to have a crack at top 4.

I agree with your assessment, Lenny, but my understanding is that they've got quite a bit more than Morrison. Morrison looks very good - tall, fit, good leader, will bring a lot to the league.

There's a couple of additional recruits from WA that look very strong. Both have played WAFL, and I know one in particular was a strong senior player with Subiaco.

There's also a group of about 5 decent players from western Victoria who will add strength.

Unfortunately, the loss of 2 of the better players from 05 have moved to Cairns - Pittorino and Bradforde.

I'd certainly be keeping a lid on it, but Grange have some very handy pick-ups, which is why they'd be hoping for at least top 4. Time will tell.

Looks like Cooly will be the favourites at this stage, given the supposed pickings from Palmy. As will be the case for all teams, time will tell.

Krakour Magic said:
I agree with your assessment, Lenny, but my understanding is that they've got quite a bit more than Morrison. Morrison looks very good - tall, fit, good leader, will bring a lot to the league.

There's a couple of additional recruits from WA that look very strong. Both have played WAFL, and I know one in particular was a strong senior player with Subiaco.

There's also a group of about 5 decent players from western Victoria who will add strength.

Unfortunately, the loss of 2 of the better players from 05 have moved to Cairns - Pittorino and Bradforde.

I'd certainly be keeping a lid on it, but Grange have some very handy pick-ups, which is why they'd be hoping for at least top 4. Time will tell.

Looks like Cooly will be the favourites at this stage, given the supposed pickings from Palmy. As will be the case for all teams, time will tell.
Cooly favourites? Have Burleigh lost a few? They had the best depth - thirty five blokes that would walk into most teams' top 22 - by a long way. They were that far ahead of anyone else it's ridiculous.

Lenny29 said:
Cooly favourites? Have Burleigh lost a few? They had the best depth - thirty five blokes that would walk into most teams' top 22 - by a long way. They were that far ahead of anyone else it's ridiculous.

As above, Burleigh have lost Knee, who'd be in their top few. Usure of what else is happening at Burleigh, and the loss of one player won't dent them too much. No doubt they were the best team last year, but in my view they weren't that far ahead of Noosa, who were unlucky to lose Sawyers before the prelim. Others say Western Magpies were the best. Burleigh, with perhaps their best team in at the GABBA on the last day, only got over Palmy by a kick.

Whisper has it that Cooly have picked up many of the better young Palmy players. And with a good coach like Lawton heading over to Cooly, they'll certainly be having a crack.

Are you aware of any other happenings at clubs, Lenny (or anyone else)?

I don't want to say too much negative about anyone - ammunition purposes ;) - but Noosa are rubbish for a supposed "top" club. Burleigh, Magpies, Palmy, Springwood, even Cooly and maybe a Maroochy/Northshore (except the final) - I'd put them all ahead of Noosa based on last year. Only finished top four (might've even been top 2) cause they played the weaker northern teams twice, compared to the Gold Coast teams.

Haven't heard too much around the traps at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back