Aflq News

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lenny29 said:
I don't want to say too much negative about anyone - ammunition purposes ;) - but Noosa are rubbish for a supposed "top" club. Burleigh, Magpies, Palmy, Springwood, even Cooly and maybe a Maroochy/Northshore (except the final) - I'd put them all ahead of Noosa based on last year. Only finished top four (might've even been top 2) cause they played the weaker northern teams twice, compared to the Gold Coast teams.

Haven't heard too much around the traps at all.

Yeah, Springwood had a decent year. Easdown added a fair bit to them, Wallin is always a great player to have, and Wilson was good throughout the year.

In my view Northshore wasn't up there, although I didn't see them with Purcell in the side.

Re Noosa, McLean was quality, Langan is a fantastic player, Sawyers was consistently good throughout, then add the others around them like Hicks, Dunn, Crisp, Crang etc. and they're a strong, deep side.

Good point re the Northern sides, but I saw them with their strongest side in, and they were very good.

Will be good to see which sides are working well over the summer and adding depth to their sides. The teams all have good players, but the last 5 to 10 players make a big difference in my view - hence the importance of depth.

Are Mayne any chance of making and being a threat come finals time? Did they lose all there players when relagated to 2nd Div?

Krakour Magic said:
Yeah, Springwood had a decent year. Easdown added a fair bit to them, Wallin is always a great player to have, and Wilson was good throughout the year.

In my view Northshore wasn't up there, although I didn't see them with Purcell in the side.

Re Noosa, McLean was quality, Langan is a fantastic player, Sawyers was consistently good throughout, then add the others around them like Hicks, Dunn, Crisp, Crang etc. and they're a strong, deep side.

Good point re the Northern sides, but I saw them with their strongest side in, and they were very good.

Will be good to see which sides are working well over the summer and adding depth to their sides. The teams all have good players, but the last 5 to 10 players make a big difference in my view - hence the importance of depth.
Yeah, fair call re Noosa - we played them after they'd been up for a while and weren't impressive at all - but probably were due for a down one. Northshore I probably rate a lot higher than they are because they've been very good in smashing us three times in the past couple of years.

Krakour Magic said:
As above, Burleigh have lost Knee, who'd be in their top few. Usure of what else is happening at Burleigh, and the loss of one player won't dent them too much. No doubt they were the best team last year, but in my view they weren't that far ahead of Noosa, who were unlucky to lose Sawyers before the prelim. Others say Western Magpies were the best. Burleigh, with perhaps their best team in at the GABBA on the last day, only got over Palmy by a kick.

Whisper has it that Cooly have picked up many of the better young Palmy players. And with a good coach like Lawton heading over to Cooly, they'll certainly be having a crack.

Are you aware of any other happenings at clubs, Lenny (or anyone else)?
Palmy certainly took it up to Burleigh at the Gabba, and full credit to them. But Burleigh missed a lot of chances early and played well below their best. I'm sure if they played that match another ten times, Burleigh would have been the victor on every occassion.
Knee will be a huge loss this year as he is versatile and can play in so many positions. There are also a few others who have apparently lost a bit of motivation after a couple of thrilling grand final victories.
I'm sure they will still be right up there come the business end of the season though.

Krakour Magic said:

Springwood have lost their coach this year to Mt Gravatt, not sure who has taken Lakeys place

Is it possible to get some additional information on what's happening at various clubs? Some to date include the movement of prominent players:

• Knee from Burleigh (B&F last year, or close to it?) to Vic;
  • Wilkinson from Aspley (B&F last year?) to Vic;
  • Evans from Aspley (coach and best player?) to Vic;
  • Pittorino from Grange (great player for many years) to Cairns;
  • Pat Vass maybe from Grange (B&F last year) to reformed Kedron;
  • Bradforde from Grange (club captain and great young player) to Cairns;
  • Lawton from Palmy (coach) to Cooly, supposedly with other players?;
  • Question whether McLean and Langan will play on at Noosa?;
  • Will Mark Lynch go back to Southport from Cooly? Will brother Daniel(?) come back to Cooly from Southport?
Can we get some other whispers? Also club pick-ups would be great.

Thanks

Both Mark and David Lynch have signed at cooly this year and havent missed a Session. Cooly also signed Fairly Palmys CHF from last year and there are a number of others training

Cooly will improve alot this year with these players at least top 4

Rayza said:
Both Mark and David Lynch have signed at cooly this year and havent missed a Session. Cooly also signed Fairly Palmys CHF from last year and there are a number of others training

Cooly will improve alot this year with these players at least top 4
Conversely, how are Palmy travelling?

havent heard alot but i was told last night that we are real close to signing there ruckmen from last year i forget his name but he is a great ruckmen sure to help out the likes of the lynch's in the guts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Krakour Magic said:
Is it possible to get some additional information on what's happening at various clubs? Some to date include the movement of prominent players:

• Will Mark Lynch go back to Southport from Cooly? Will brother Daniel(?) come back to Cooly from Southport?

Thanks
Apparently Cooly have signed Tambaro from Redlands.

They look like they'll be bloody strong!

Krakour Magic said:

Thanks

With all due respect I don't think that a thread called "AFLQ news" should be about anything other than State League.

Who cares what Grange, Aspley and Cooly are doing.

What's the mail on the State League?

Any information on Morningside, Zillmere Eagles & Broadbeach, etc.?

Eagle Eye said:
With all due respect I don't think that a thread called "AFLQ news" should be about anything other than State League.

AFLQ is a pretty broad umbrella now they have joined with the AFLSQ.

As far as news on state league div 1 clubs all of Redlands signings are on their website http://redland.aflq.com.au/

Eagle Eye said:

See your point, Eagle Eye, but if you focus that eye, you'll see that AFLQ does in fact encompass Grange, Aspley and Cooly, albeit in Division 2.

The thread, as started by "Rayza", did start out with a question on Cooly.

And it does seem that some readers are in fact interested in what's happening in Div 2 of AFLQ.

Fair point though. Maybe start out a separate one for Div 1 or re-name this one Div 2 (if possible)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back