Aflq News

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the question is. should it have been a free kick were the ball was, instead of up the field

a free kick shall be paid where the incident occurs, or where the ball is at the time of the incident whatever is the greatest penalty to the offending team. so yeah the free kick was paid in the right spot ... i would say that the Sandgate defender who punched him has alot more questions to answer than the umpires in this one ...

Lets just hope and pray if palmy beat the streak then lets hope they chock in the granny after the siren to make it even better.

But we will have to wait and c.

They deserve some bad luck and lets hope sooner than later!!!!!!

Anyway a very interesting read on the Points system that you linked. I wonder how Zillmere Eagles would go with that system seems they have very few juniors,do'nt bother to have an Under 18 team and recruit most of their players from Aspley and other northside teams....and still have no money!

An old chestnut rears it's ugly head regarding - Eagles recruiting from the northside, suppose the recruiting by Mt Gravatt from anywhere in S/East Qld (inc other State League clubs) doesn't count because they have juniors & U/18's. Southport have pillaged the Gold Coast for years, but that doesn't count because they have juniors & U/18's.

Most State League clubs don't have to "recruit" from local clubs because the best young players in the area go there anyway, to play the best footy and get the best coaching. It's the structure of football in Qld, and it can't be compared with a Local Country region comp in Victoria which set up a points system to stop strong wealthy towns filling their team up with imports from all over the state to the detrement of the competition and their local players, which was once the case.

Not sure what the "and still have no money" comment has to do with it, the only football club on the Northside who is apparently flush with funds appears to spend most of it on "washed-up" ex-State league players or those that couldn't cut it at the next level in the first place.

Despite throwing big $ around they still can't win enough games to be in the top half of the 2nd Division ladder.

i just had a look at sports bet website and the vultures are $1.75. the siders are $3.45. southport are at $4 i reckon that might be a good bet that one.the eagles are at $9 this is the bet to have a look at, seeing they are playing some good footy this year. suncoast are at $9 as well, but they always fade. the rest are at $40, $250 and poor old labrador at $501. the would be some good value bets there

Oddball wrote.....

"Seems you are almost on the inside 4444 - you give yourself up by knowing to much sometimes.

Some average admisinstrat ion/ors at the Hornets - he was a good operator with a plan and no support. Someone must have recruited the 2's team.

You are right about 1 sided games they are a reality at all levels - being storng requires enormous administrative/recruiting efforts to be at the top. Some clubs plan to be strong and others hope to be."

I'm not sure who you think i am Oddball,but as one Saints supporter to another, I can assure you I am an unpaid,unconnected nobody...just a Hornets supporter. If i was a real insider i could tell you who the new coach is going to be!

My question would be...why would a defender punch a forward in the guts when there team has the ball ...150 metres from the play.

Maybe he was provoked ...theres a thought

particuarly against PBC who everybody knows are the biggest nigglers/snipers in the competition

Oddball, seeing as you have the inside info on the eagles, could you divulge on the rumour that the eagles have now lost their liquor and gaming licencing?? surely its just a matter of time now before the ship has to sink?

Oddball wrote.....

"Seems you are almost on the inside 4444 - you give yourself up by knowing to much sometimes.

Some average admisinstrat ion/ors at the Hornets - he was a good operator with a plan and no support. Someone must have recruited the 2's team.

You are right about 1 sided games they are a reality at all levels - being storng requires enormous administrative/recruiting efforts to be at the top. Some clubs plan to be strong and others hope to be."

I'm not sure who you think i am Oddball,but as one Saints supporter to another, I can assure you I am an unpaid,unconnected nobody...just a Hornets supporter. If i was a real insider i could tell you who the new coach is going to be!

Marto is coaching the hornets for the rest of the year, why didn't the twos coach get a go

Morningside will unveil their new Ruckman this weekend - Trav Ronaldson the former Coburg Captain last year and State VFL Ruckman. Good pick up - will they put him straight in even though he hasnt been playing? Add him and the runner Russ and they certainly look stronger. Zillmere will have some work to do this weekend.

i just had a look at sports bet website and the vultures are $1.75. the siders are $3.45. southport are at $4 i reckon that might be a good bet that one.the eagles are at $9 this is the bet to have a look at, seeing they are playing some good footy this year. suncoast are at $9 as well, but they always fade. the rest are at $40, $250 and poor old labrador at $501. the would be some good value bets there

Which website can u access these odds?

Vultures aren't much value there. Having said that they have beaten southport twice this year. Although Southport tend to fire up second half of the year.

Southport are the value at $4. It looks to be a 2 horse race for mind out of Vlutures and Southport. Might as well take the $4 in a 2 horse race. Rather then the $2 you will get grandfinal day.

Eagles at $9 is about right. They may cause a few headaches if they get there. Quality fwd line when all there players are back and firing. Young list, that's on the up. Have lost to Southport twice though this year, but beaten Gravatt/Lions/Morningside.

Which website can u access these odds?

Vultures aren't much value there. Having said that they have beaten southport twice this year. Although Southport tend to fire up second half of the year.

Southport are the value at $4. It looks to be a 2 horse race for mind out of Vlutures and Southport. Might as well take the $4 in a 2 horse race. Rather then the $2 you will get grandfinal day.

Eagles at $9 is about right. They may cause a few headaches if they get there. Quality fwd line when all there players are back and firing. Young list, that's on the up. Have lost to Southport twice though this year, but beaten Gravatt/Lions/Morningside.

the website is sportsbet.com.au it dosent have betting on games though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oddball wrote.....

Sorry 4444, but I didn't write that.

Morph & Hack,

I'll go first:

Vultures :)mad:) v Tigers - Vultures :)mad:)
Cats v Lions - tough one, Lions to fight back and win after last weeks disappointment
Bomber s v Sharks - sorry Bombers you have no chance even at home
Panthers v Eagles - Eagles apparently have injury worries, the Panthers just

Vultures v Tigers - Labrador will struggle to even win the coin toss against Mounties
Cats v Lions - wanting to hold onto the glimmer of finals chances will be enough to get the Cats the chocolates
Bombers v Sharks - Southport are to Redlands what a Canadian Sailor is to a Seal, wont be pretty
Panthers v Eagles - Eagles with too many injuries and Morningside with a few new recruits ... too strong

Morningside will unveil their new Ruckman this weekend - Trav Ronaldson the former Coburg Captain last year and State VFL Ruckman. Good pick up - will they put him straight in even though he hasnt been playing? Add him and the runner Russ and they certainly look stronger. Zillmere will have some work to do this weekend.

Ronaldson is a gun! He will be the best player in the League by a fair margin. It will be interesting to see if former Lions and Hawthorn Rookie, Coburg 2007 best and fairerst winner and ex Morninside junior Paul Shelton returns to the Panthers next season. He and Ronaldson had a great combination at Coburg.

Oddball,
I owe you an apology. My reply should have been directed to Open Forward Line. Anyway, i'm not the insider Open Foward Line thinks i am.

I thought the Hornets were competitive early,but Palm Beach-Labrador are without doubt are very good football team....and as an outsider seemed to show plenty of mateship and team spirit.

Ronaldson is a gun! He will be the best player in the League by a fair margin. It will be interesting to see if former Lions and Hawthorn Rookie, Coburg 2007 best and fairerst winner and ex Morninside junior Paul Shelton returns to the Panthers next season. He and Ronaldson had a great combination at Coburg.

he played yesterday ... i wouldnt say he showed League Best form but i'd imagine he'd be a bit rusty, did a few good things and certainly showed alot of passion for the footy and for the club also. he's a massive unit ... i think he might work at Birch Carrol and Coyle ... as a projection screen ...

Vultures v Tigers - Labrador will struggle to even win the coin toss against Mounties
Cats v Lions - wanting to hold onto the glimmer of finals chances will be enough to get the Cats the chocolates
Bombers v Sharks - Southport are to Redlands what a Canadian Sailor is to a Seal, wont be pretty
Panthers v Eagles - Eagles with too many injuries and Morningside with a few new recruits ... too strong

Great work Hack on taking out this weeks prize.

Sorry to say that myself and Morphous came equal 2nd (or last if you like).

Great win by the Cats which gives them a chance of playing finals.

Thats a fair rap acuguy - best player in the comp - better than Payne, Lilico off a standing start. Have you followed him a bit - share some info. He is a dead set unit - dosnt run real well though.
Shelton is a gun with a reputation for delivering - will he come home?

Thats a fair rap acuguy - best player in the comp - better than Payne, Lilico off a standing start. Have you followed him a bit - share some info. He is a dead set unit - dosnt run real well though.
Shelton is a gun with a reputation for delivering - will he come home?

whikst i havent seen lillico play for years, ronaldson used to play for the tassie devils and is a gun. massive rig, good ruckman who just has a crack. as i said havent seen the others play for years but this guy could be one of the best in the comp. could be hard coming in with no training and games though.
Can anyone tell me how these guys are travelling if they still are?
Matt rankin - mt gravatt
reid dobson??
Andrew housego - mayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back