Aflq News

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
heard that Rcihard 'Bear' Robinson has quit at Redlands and is heading back home to Tassie. If this is true this will be a huge blow for Redlands as he was ear marked to be captain this season.

heard that Rcihard 'Bear' Robinson has quit at Redlands and is heading back home to Tassie. If this is true this will be a huge blow for Redlands as he was ear marked to be captain this season.

That is true. He's been training hard and will be missed around the club.

Any one know how jack wells went for redlands last season. heard on the grape vine he coached for a few weeks at the start of the year.

Jack had a great year for us last year, he did help out coaching a couple games with Craig Millar when David Hart wasn't able to make a couple games early in the year.

Jack had a great year for us last year, he did help out coaching a couple games with Craig Millar when David Hart wasn't able to make a couple games early in the year.
Good to hear the tassie boy is going well!!!!!
any new recruits for redlands this year?
what ever happened to derek wirth. does he still have a kick. and justin stone???

Good to hear the tassie boy is going well!!!!!
any new recruits for redlands this year?
what ever happened to derek wirth. does he still have a kick. and justin stone???

A couple new recruits, some from Tassie.

Derek is still going strong, finished 2nd in last years club b and f, Stoneys working up near Darwin.

Couldnt name a few could since im from down here???

I don't get to training much until after March when the under 18 state rep champs are over.

This is from the Redland homepage, not sure which are from Tassie.

Jonathan Hanran, Justin Carey, Ryan Guertan, RossO’Bryan, Mark Bray, James Fulkenberg, Bradley Rees, James Deaureaux, Julian Porter, Phil Carse, James Quirk, Daniel Briffa, Anthony Hickey, Hayden Anderson, Jaryd Hamilton, Mitch Eadie, Sean Conroy.

And also the Thompson brothers.

I don't get to training much until after March when the under 18 state rep champs are over.

This is from the Redland homepage, not sure which are from Tassie.

Jonathan Hanran, Justin Carey, Ryan Guertan, RossO’Bryan, Mark Bray, James Fulkenberg, Bradley Rees, James Deaureaux, Julian Porter, Phil Carse, James Quirk, Daniel Briffa, Anthony Hickey, Hayden Anderson, Jaryd Hamilton, Mitch Eadie, Sean Conroy.

And also the Thompson brothers.

morphous i was told that the Thompson brother have decided not to play and that redlands have lost a quite a few of the top 10 from last year i.e. Shane Bonnicha and Brock Ackerly. Can you confirm this?

morphous i was told that the Thompson brother have decided not to play and that redlands have lost a quite a few of the top 10 from last year i.e. Shane Bonnicha and Brock Ackerly. Can you confirm this?

Brock did his knee last year and i believe it requires surgery and he is living on the sunshine coast. I think just before christmas bonna hurt his back haven't heard that hes quit all together.

^^^Well I've decided to answer the question myself, I've joined the CQU Rockhampton Panthers, my current level of fitness is pretty piss poor, but the way the coach is working us, I'll come around. Fun fun fun.:)

I guess this topic might be better suited to drafts and trading, but I'd love some talk on the 2007 Queensland draft prospects. Who are the outstanding kids going round at the mo? Doesn't seem to be much talk about it. After last year's effort, I thought it would make a good topic of conversation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess this topic might be better suited to drafts and trading, but I'd love some talk on the 2007 Queensland draft prospects. Who are the outstanding kids going round at the mo? Doesn't seem to be much talk about it. After last year's effort, I thought it would make a good topic of conversation.

Will know more once the state champs have finished in March.

Will know more once the state champs have finished in March.

The NAB cup match between North Melb and Collingwood at Carrara on Feb 23rd will have the Gold Coast Stingrays vs South East Bushrangers in a trial match for the curtain raiser. Should be a good game and gauge as these are usually two of the three top sides (other is Northern Raiders) and last year 9 out of the 18 players got drafted/rookie listed out of these sides.

I have heard that Jack Stanley from Aspley and Gubby Allens young bloke are good prospects but not sure if they are eligible for the 07 draft.They are creating conversation down south.

Wayne Carey to play a couple of games at PBC this year now that would be interesting, i know Craig O Brien has brought some quality players this year to Palmy but he would be something special. Might have to ask the question on how true it is to him tomorrow night.

Wayne Carey to play a couple of games at PBC this year now that would be interesting, i know Craig O Brien has brought some quality players this year to Palmy but he would be something special. Might have to ask the question on how true it is to him tomorrow night.

According to another post on BigFooty (can't remember where) hes committed to calling 15 games and rumored to be playing a couple games with his nephew which doesn't leave him much time to play at PBC.

Wayne Carey's reputation on the Gold Coast isnt exactly perfect after his efforts as a Guest Speaker at Surfers Paradise Sportsmen dinner!

Wayne Carey's reputation on the Gold Coast isnt exactly perfect after his efforts as a Guest Speaker at Surfers Paradise Sportsmen dinner!

Forgot about that one also whilst on PBC according to the aflq website it's official that 10 players from Broadbeach have gone to PBC, I don't know the names tho.

Tamburo $1500 sign on.
$500 per match
+ work
All this through PBC.

Surfers have said they can beat that offer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back