Aflq News

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone playing at Grange when Johno was coach will remember that fatefull year when the club was struggling for money. Dean Warren was captain (Now theres a champion!)and the boys made the mistake of giving the savings for their end of season club trip to Johno to hold on to, .....Ditto...

Can anyone tell me if there is a thread for the Cairns league? Just wanting to follow up on a few guy's that have been recruited up there from the Goulburn Valley.

Palmy looking real good some real good recruits, firt couple of games going to be interesting cos some of those recruits going to the carribean to watch the world cup but after that should easily finish top 4.

Just to make sure- were Kedron Grange and Wilston Grange the same team? or have I got this wrong? Was Dean Warren captain of Wilston Grange or Kedron Grange?

The Kedron Demons and the Wilston Grange Gorrilas merged to form Kedron Grange, the year Johnno won the flag his team had Clint Bizzell and Hamish Simpson in it, obviously both went on to play AFL. I think you will find that the money Kedron Grange had for a marquee player transfer organised by a certain person went missing.

The Kedron Demons and the Wilston Grange Gorrilas merged to form Kedron Grange, the year Johnno won the flag his team had Clint Bizzell and Hamish Simpson in it, obviously both went on to play AFL. I think you will find that the money Kedron Grange had for a marquee player transfer organised by a certain person went missing.

lots of money has gone missing....He's almost that bad you have to admire how he does again and again and again

Can anyone tell me if there is a thread for the Cairns league? Just wanting to follow up on a few guy's that have been recruited up there from the Goulburn Valley.

No thread that I know of, someone might come through for us though.........

Johnson may have coached Kedron Grange to a premiership but do you know the reasons as to how he ended up coaching them in the first place. He was also a wonderful junior development manager at the Morningside Juniors ( what does that job entail) only cost the juniors lots of cash for no return. Luckily qld football isn't that easily star struck anymore.

LOL, this is one of the most accurate posts I have read in a while.

Johno never coached KG to a flag the best result was runner up to Morningside 1994, from memory 1 kick in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there anything actually happening football wise up there or is this thread just for bulls hit . (see the last months posts)

If you want to rip crap out of each other pm each other.

I log in almost daily to see whats developing up there only to see the same stuff.

Season's only a couple of weeks off for us here in the Capricornia league, presume it'd be the same for the other leagues, maybe then the posturing will stop and the footy talks.

Is there anything actually happening football wise up there or is this thread just for bulls hit . (see the last months posts)

If you want to rip crap out of each other pm each other.

I log in almost daily to see whats developing up there only to see the same stuff.
Well heres something Palm Beach Currumbin have announced they are affiliated with Port Power it today paper.
That club is really heading in the right direction.

Well heres something Palm Beach Currumbin have announced they are affiliated with Port Power it today paper.
That club is really heading in the right direction.

Seems to be happening a bit more now days, good for the club if they can leverage something out of it.

Maybe when they play at the Gold Coast.

From http://www.aflq.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=115914
Preliminary bouts begin

The new-look Zillmere Eagles meet the emerging Mt Gravatt in the first official AFLQ practice match of the new season at O’Callaghan Park on Friday night.

Zillmere have lost some class from their line-up, but have gained well performed Victorian amateur Daniel Flaherty and former Essendon senior listed player Austin Lucy.

Mt Gravatt will consider unveiling highly rated recruits Shane Morrison and Paul O’Brien, plus Coburg midfielders Gareth Bowes and Sam Crouch for the night-time contest.

The Zillmere lighting system at O’Callaghan Park is top class and a warm evening should encourage plenty of spectators to the see how the teams are progressing.

Southport could give skipper Darren O’Brien and former Lions rookie Kevin Tandogac their first games in almost 12 months when the Sharks meet the Panthers at Fankhauser Reserve on Saturday.

The Sharks have several quality mature age players returning from injury this season.

Labrador meet local rivals Broadbeach at Cooke-Murphy Oval, also on Saturday, and will be well prepared going into the clash.

The Tigers have already had two practice matches against Division 2 clubs and hope to have plenty of system in place by the time the premiership season opens on April 14-15.

Redland players will contest an intraclub match on Satruday after the Suncoast Lions cancelled their planned clash at Coorparoo on Monday evening (March 19).

There will be two more rounds of practice matches before the premiership season begins.

This week:

Zillmere v Mt Gravatt – O’Callaghan Park, Zillmere – Friday, 7pm

Labrador v Broadbeach – Cooke-Murphy Oval, Labrador – Saturday 1pm

Southport v Morningside - Fankhauser Reserve, Southport – Saturday, 1.30pm

Brad Williams, Former WWT player in the SANFL playing for Western Magpies. He will be a gun if they can get him on the park, very injury prone but sensational player. The maggies maybe the team to beat again this year?

didnt noel coutts play that year,did johno teach him to steal money?

Bit harsh P4J! Coutta has been a very loyal servant to the Holbrook FC for the last five years with three league medals and a premiership medallion. Could have made a packet elsewhere, played with his mates though. Unsubstantiated claims like that could come back and bite you P4J.

With a name like Play4jumper, probably suggests your not a sought after commodity at many clubs yourself hey?

Brad Williams, Former WWT player in the SANFL playing for Western Magpies. He will be a gun if they can get him on the park, very injury prone but sensational player. The maggies maybe the team to beat again this year?

Bringbacblight would you mind just pm some info on him, just curious on how he has gone etc.

Bringbacblight would you mind just pm some info on him, just curious on how he has gone etc.

Was a exceptional junior talent at WWT and would have gone on the be a top class SANFL player or could have been drafted, but injuries destroyed is chances. Left footed, smart on baller.

Don't think he has played for two years but has recently moved to Brisbane and is keen to have a kick again. Will dominate Div 2 up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back