AFL's compulsary new Accomodation

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by campbell
Have read this and am totally stunned at the arrogance at the AFL.

Just another situation where the AFL Commission has not bothered to take into account the Interstate Teams and their concerns.

Originally posted by campbell
Have read this and am totally stunned at the arrogance at the AFL. Good on Brisbane for saying no way.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,5976221%5E20322,00.html

Hmmmm Looks like the AFL is trying to put it's foot down.

Apparantly the Lions have had to ask permission (and have been granted it) to stay at their chosen hotel over the last couple of years, for the exact same reason - it wasn't one of the Hotels on the AFL's approved list.

They granted permission in the past, but looks like they are trying to pre-empt the request for this year.

If that's the way they want it, the "interstate" teams should get together and decide on "approved" accommodation for the Vic clubs when they play away.

When in Perth, stay at the luxurios Broome motel.

If in Adelaide, while the hours away in Oodnadatta.

For the short trip to Sydney, they can have a choice of town-houses in Dubbo or a camp site at beautiful Tweed Heads.

Finally for the "horror" trip to the Gabba, it's either the Birdsville Race track's Guest House, a houseboat on the Jumpinpin Bar or, if they find those alternatives a little inconvenient, they are welcome to pitch tents in Luthor's back yard with a guaranteed supply of my famous home brew.

Originally posted by Ally
Maybe the AFL and the Vic based clubs think it will be a way of stopping the best team in the league from embarrasing them all..yet again!
I like it Ally. Classic. :p I think when the away side comes to Brissie they should set up hammocks between the goal posts at the Gabba. They can just take them down on game day. Not far to pre-game training either. :D

cheers ...Kaz

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL's compulsary new Accomodation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back