Women's Footy Lions AFLW 2024 (Season 9) Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't done the maths, but as far as I know we have one spot available still. Some of the QAFLW teams are about the start finals, so they may be waiting that out.
I donā€™t think theyā€™ve had any long term injuries announced, so donā€™t think thereā€™s any list spots that have opened up?

I donā€™t think theyā€™ve had any long term injuries announced, so donā€™t think thereā€™s any list spots that have opened up?
Yep, we've got 30 players on our 2024 list - maximum list size for AFLW without any long-term injuries.

E: It could be similar to how clubs trial potential AFL draftees? Do a preseason with the club, or VFL game, and if they're impressed with you then they'll draft you at the next draft.

Last edited:
Extended squads

Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 09-23-10 AFLW Stats - Upcoming Games.png

Brisbane North Melbourne
0 to 9 games24
10 to 24 games53
25+ games1717
Games played40.4240.08
Age25.4326.16
Height170.21171.38
Finals played7.466.00
Finals won5.383.54

Interactive version

Last edited:
Peters and Crozier on debut is a sign that they have the talent and the attitude to succeed.

Crozier strikes me as one of those players that looks better on a football field than on paper. She seems to have an odd knack of doing better in situations than the circumstances would suggest.

Peters will hopefully start thriving in her role once she really finds the speed of the game. A lot of instinctive talent there I think.

Peters and Crozier on debut is a sign that they have the talent and the attitude to succeed.
This is just the squad for Sunday, if Peters or Crozier are debuting we should get an announcement from the club tomorrow.

Crozier strikes me as one of those players that looks better on a football field than on paper. She seems to have an odd knack of doing better in situations than the circumstances would suggest.

Peters will hopefully start thriving in her role once she really finds the speed of the game. A lot of instinctive talent there I think.

Who are they keeping out?

Who are they keeping out?
It's a really difficult team to break into but at the same time they need to get as many games as possible into emerging players with real talent (see Dunne last year).

Based on the practice game I'd almost say Sophie Peters has to play, and I think they would be looking at any excuse to play Crozier too. Rania may get squeezed out of the first game but I'm sure she will get on the field early in the season.

Think players like Poppy Boltz and Ellie Hampson might find themselves under pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Footy Lions AFLW 2024 (Season 9) Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back