Game Day AFLW Carlton v Geelong Game Day Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Have covid, so crashed last night and couldn't watch the game.

Pound is terrific, but I'm a mite concerned by the way we've concentrated all our users around half back, and how much we rely on Stevens and Vescio ahead of the ball. Moody is essentially Sandilands if Sandilands was also one of the fastest players out there. Harrington was terrific.

I liked how we tried to use the width of the ground and that let us get and go, didn't let them slow us down with ball in hand. Think we need to reassess how we approach half forward, we're still playing as though we have 2+ KPF's ahead of the ball as we did two seasons ago. We could also do with going for the art of the possible instead of trying WB in tight handballs as often as we do.

All in all, a better hitout than the previous week.

I'm off to bed.
Getwelred, as soon as.

Pound is terrific, but I'm a mite concerned by the way we've concentrated all our users around half back, and how much we rely on Stevens and Vescio ahead of the ball. Moody is essentially Sandilands if Sandilands was also one of the fastest players out there. Harrington was terrific.

I liked how we tried to use the width of the ground and that let us get and go, didn't let them slow us down with ball in hand. Think we need to reassess how we approach half forward, we're still playing as though we have 2+ KPF's ahead of the ball as we did two seasons ago. We could also do with going for the art of the possible instead of trying WB in tight handballs as often as we do.

I'm off to bed.

Look after yourself & take care Geth.

I'm off to bed.
Feel better.

Wasn't able to watch so I'll make sure I catch the replay at some stage this week.

Good to get the 4 points and it was important we did so against a side we would have expected to beat. We've got a tough start to the year so the change in schedule really worked in our favour and we needed to make sure we took advantage of it.

Next week is massive vs the Dogs if that's what the schedule holds. Dogs will go in as favourite but I have to say they were not overly impressive in their opening match of the season so we have a real chance.

clown on guessen bleating that the original clubs have had too many concessions (wtf?)................aints supporter.............clownish bleating is clownish........no I do not listen to guessen...........

Wasn't able to watch so I'll make sure I catch the replay at some stage this week.

Good to get the 4 points and it was important we did so against a side we would have expected to beat. We've got a tough start to the year so the change in schedule really worked in our favour and we needed to make sure we took advantage of it.

Next week is massive vs the Dogs if that's what the schedule holds. Dogs will go in as favourite but I have to say they were not overly impressive in their opening match of the season so we have a real chance.
Dogs have lost one of their best players for the season and have a large group recovering from COVID. Selfishly, there's never been a better time to get them.

clown on guessen bleating that the original clubs have had too many concessions (wtf?)................aints supporter.............clownish bleating is clownish........no I do not listen to guessen...........
Its a bit like the Gold Coast v GWS debate when they both came in 10-12 years ago. GWS used their concessions well where as Gold Coast seemed to waste them.

If you look at North Melbourne and St Kilda who both came in to the AFLW at the same time and had the same concessions. Their performance is like chalk and cheese.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FJWIclUaIAAL8DI

Buy one Prespakis, get one free...

“I’m trying not to get emotional, but to play against my sister is something I’ll be forever grateful for,” Prespakis said. “We’ve never done it before, so to live our dream playing AFLW and run out against her… it was the best experience ever. I’m sure it’s a day we’ll never forget.”

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back