List Mgmt. AFLW List Management, Trades, Draft, Expansion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Young the first one to be announced, my advice to her would be to make sure it’s a one-year deal… Port probably already begging the AFL for salary cap relief so they can try to put her on tier 1 payments straight away.

Young the first one to be announced, my advice to her would be to make sure it’s a one-year deal… Port probably already begging the AFL for salary cap relief so they can try to put her on tier 1 payments straight away.
AFL.com.au has just reported Brooksby signed with Port

AFL.com.au has just reported Brooksby signed with Port
And WWT announced Goody pre-signed with them too. They’ve literally just been handed the top three national talents in this year’s draft pool (I’m including Scholz in that as I think she would’ve been third behind Young and Goody if she hadn’t been gifted to them early) and another top ten talent in Brooksby for nothing.

How unbelievably lucky for them that all three were a part of their NGA zone (still disturbs me that Norwood is a part of theirs)

And then they’re gonna draft another top three national talent in Window with their first pick. Hopefully we’re able to draft one of Grigg or Boileau. Any word if they’ve been given priority picks in the upcoming draft?
Best not to think about it, just an absolute shithouse rule/system implemented by a crappy bit-part offshoot organisation.

And WWT announced Goody pre-signed with them too. They’ve just casually been handed the top three national talents in this year’s draft pool (I’m including Scholz in that as I think she would’ve been third behind Young and Goody if she hadn’t been gifted to them early) as well as another top ten talent in Brooksby.

How unbelievably lucky for them that all three were a part of their NGA zone (still disturbs me that Norwood is a part of theirs).

Like Firewalker mentioned, it’d be interesting to know how much of a choice the girls actually had… reject the pre-signing offer and nominate for the SA draft and get picked by Port anyway (making s**t awkward) or nominate for the national draft and head to the Doggies or Eagles…

And then they’re gonna draft another top three national talent in Window with their first pick. Hopefully we’re able to draft one of Grigg or Boileau. Any word if they’ve been given priority picks in the upcoming draft?

Have they gotten rid of state based drafting?

Have they gotten rid of state based drafting?
“The AFL is pleased to announce that the upcoming AFLW Draft will allow players to nominate for a ‘national pool’ for the first time.

Players who nominate for the national pool elect to be considered by all 18 clubs in the NAB AFLW Competition.

A player has the choice to nominate for their home state’s draft pool or nominate to enter in a national draft pool.”

“The AFL is pleased to announce that the upcoming AFLW Draft will allow players to nominate for a ‘national pool’ for the first time.

Players who nominate for the national pool elect to be considered by all 18 clubs in the NAB AFLW Competition.

A player has the choice to nominate for their home state’s draft pool or nominate to enter in a national draft pool.”
That was the previous draft, wasn't it?

They've actually recruited quite well with mature players though. They got our best player (Phillips, though she was past her prime), our second best defender (Foley, returning from ACL), our leading goalkicker (Saint). They recruited Houghton, who's had a very good season.
IMG_6712.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well this answers that question

Grigg nominated for the national draft
Window and Boileau nominated for the SA draft

Interesting for Grigg! Hopefully we can keep her in SA, either with us, or at Port causing another SA player to slide.

Meanwhile, we have the chance to look abroad at some national talent. I'm less concerned about the go-home factor when the players self-nominate for the national draft.

Well this answers that question

Grigg nominated for the national draft
Window and Boileau nominated for the SA draft

Interesting for Grigg! Hopefully we can keep her in SA, either with us, or at Port causing another SA player to slide.

Meanwhile, we have the chance to look abroad at some national talent. I'm less concerned about the go-home factor when the players self-nominate for the national draft.

Whilst not at the same disappointment levels of a member of the Window SA footballing lineage wearing Port colours it’s disappointing to see Grigg nominate National, probably not the greatest fit into the Crows team out of the top SA talents but given all the others have been given to Port it’s another annoyance that she’ll be gone well before the Crows pick.

So Brooke Boileau will be our pick you’d imagine, it will continue the club’s South Adelaide attachment, read a good summation of her as a player in a mock draft I saw on Twitter/X;

IMG_3105.jpeg

I’ll add she also plays beyond her years - when you see her play you don’t think she’s as young as she is, don’t know if she’s thrown into the deep end right away though given Doc Clarke likes to keep younger players out on the flanks preferring experienced bodies in the heat of the kitchen. I’ll also disagree with the midfield isn’t a major need part, Clarke would surely know this given he literally had to move his best forward into the main midfield rotation given the lack of dynamism and depth in that area of the field. Boileau does tackle well and runs both ways so hopefully longterm can play a part in fixing that midfield mix as that all-out ball attack trio of Hatchard, Marinoff & Ponter did get exposed in the finals.

Write up from Under 18

#27 Brooke Boileau (South Adelaide)
28/01/2005 | 170cm | Midfielder
Stats: 21.3 disposals, 2.7 marks, 5.0 tackles, 4.7 clearances, 3.7 inside 50s, 1 goal, 1 behind
Winning the third most disposals of any player in the South Australian team, the inside midfielder was rock solid consistent yet again. Her 2023 season has hardly had a dip, and she became the prominent inside midfielder alongside Goody. After missing out on playing last year, Boileau has made up for lost time and her numbers of 21.3 disposals, 5.0 tackles, 4.7 clearances and 3.7 inside 50s should put her name in contention for the All-Australian team.

Also All -Australian Under 18 Carnival

McKinnon out.
Gould and Prowse with big offers in front of them to go to Bulldogs.
Bloody hell, just catching up with this.

This could be horrible, there’s hardly any tall timber anywhere around the country and the Crows hardly have any to begin with let alone of the talent levels of Gould and Prowse. The club has to try everything to make those two stay.

McKinnon leaving is already annoying as it leaves the team exposed for support in the ruck and could stop the ability to play Gould permanently forward (if she’s still there), she has faults with disposal but the team never got the best out of her as a player, her marking ability is going to be especially missed.

Literally don’t know if there’s any ruck replacements around, Erin McKinnon got delisted by the Saints but is not near the player she was when she was GWS’ ruck before moving to St Kilda, probably more likely to retire.

If the unimaginable happens and they lose Gould or Prowse or both & the Crows end up with pick 1 from the Dogs it will force them to either go local and go best available in Piper Window or look to replace what they’ve lost & go the only real tall option in the top 10 and that would be Kristie-Lee Weston-Turner from Vic who is a hybrid speedy x-factor 178cm tall.

Only tall SA U/18 option would be South Adelaide’s Jacinda Schunselaar a 180cm ruck who has some good movement, I was keen on her with a later pick anyway. Mature ager, 27 year old Isabelle Starmer from North Adelaide who I wanted this year instead of Bonner is also an option if they look to fill needs later in the draft, is 177cm and has played a fair bit of ruck. Alex Pearce from Sturt is 24 and stands at 183cm & could be a bit of a late developer, think South Adelaide’s main ruck Soriah Moon is unlikely as she’s 30 but did train with the Crows.

Last edited:
Bulldogs are one of the few clubs that finished behind Port. Any pick we get from them puts us ahead of the corresponding selection from Port.
Could have lots of picks in front of them depending on the Gould/Prowse situation, even if Gould & Prowse stay Port are after Kirsty Lamb from the Dogs & they’ll probably have to trade their 1st pick (#4) for her so if that goes through the Crows could get Piper Window with Richmond’s pick 9 that they’ll hopefully get for McKinnon.

Apparently we're interested in Fremantle's Roxy Roux according to that article

Is she any good? She's been in and out of Freo's side for years but I'm not sure if that's form or injuries.
Thought as soon as it was announced Roux was leaving Freo thought the Crows might be sniffing around, the Gould/Prowse stuff automatically confirmed my suspicions.

As a player is an undersized marking forward (170cm), when she first burst on to the scene she had one of the best vertical jumps, read the ball nicely in the air and was was able to finish ok but every season since though the output got progressively worse.

Was screwed around a bit by the Dockers by being moved to different parts of the ground and trying to play her as backup ruck but also does struggle to bring her best attitude to games, very much an enigma and just disappears and hardly gets near the ball for long periods of time. Had some fiery encounters with some West Coast players from memory too.

Very much a take a punt on the player working in your system if you can’t attract any other current AFLW player, I’d prefer Zara Walsh the SA under 18 forward who’s a bit taller and a lot faster as think Roux as a player has never grasped her chances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back