Rumour AFLW player refuses to wear pride jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact she's a Muslim doesn't stop this being outrageous and gross. I'm stunned that the Giants kept her after last season - what message are you sending to queer team mates?

After thinking about the Manly issue a couple of months ago - I didn't necessarily blame those players for their bigotry. It's a hard thing to change if it's been ingrained in you from a young age (much like my own self loathing.)

But it doesn't mean that her teammates or we, the public, should accept it.

Again, the culture warriors would complain about being sacked for her religion if the Giants had let her go, when in fact the reality is her stance goes against the values of the club. Homophobia is unacceptable regardless of the motivation, and it damages the safety and the sanctity of your locker room.
And yet they preach that they're trying to create diverse and inclusive clubs, inclusive means that everyone is entitled to their beliefs and religious beliefs no matter what, you can't really call it inclusive if you're cancelled for having a different belief.

And yet they preach that they're trying to create diverse and inclusive clubs, inclusive means that everyone is entitled to their beliefs and religious beliefs no matter what, you can't really call it inclusive if you're cancelled for having a different belief.

Inclusive meaning:
Include bigots as long as they are Muslim not Christian or Jewish.

Inclusive meaning:
Include bigots as long as they are Muslim not Christian or Jewish.
There is a huge difference between actually being a homophobic bigot (refusing to play with a gay teammate, making homophobic slurs) and not wishing to promote/celebrate homosexuality by wearing the jumper. Would a gay player be considered a bigot for refusing to wear a jumper celebrating Islam, even if the stated intention was to fight Islamophobia? Would you support sacking that person - or just let them stand aside for the round (or, the truly inclusive thing, follow the Khawaja example and let them play in the standard jumper)?

a female refuses to wear the pride jumper, she is brave.
a male refuses to wear the pride jumper and he is a homophobe, a bigot, a racist, a hater, a bully.

I have yet to hear anyone accuse Israel Folau or the Manly 7 of being racist.

Feels like you are projecting here somewhat..

And yet they preach that they're trying to create diverse and inclusive clubs, inclusive means that everyone is And yet they preach that they're trying to create diverse and inclusive clubs, inclusive means that everyone is entitled to their beliefs and religious beliefs no matter what, you can't really call it inclusive if you're cancelled for

Inclusion: the practice or policy of providing equal access to opportunities and resources for people who might otherwise be excluded or marginalized, such as those who have physical or mental disabilities and members of other minority groups.

Didn’t know bigots were marginalised groups. The whole concept of “free speech” is an Americanism. If you’re anti inclusion you don’t get a free pass to be included.

a male refuses to wear the pride jumper and he is a homophobe, a bigot, a racist, a hater, a bully.
I say again wouldn't wear a pride jumper and if people are honest most wouldn't either.
With these gimmick themed rounds you are opening a can of worms. Lets just play football and forget the gimmicks

Inclusion: the practice or policy of providing equal access to opportunities and resources for people who might otherwise be excluded or marginalized, such as those who have physical or mental disabilities and members of other minority groups.

Didn’t know bigots were marginalised groups. The whole concept of “free speech” is an Americanism. If you’re anti inclusion you don’t get a free pass to be included.
Or to define what “free speech “is. At the rate it’s going, it has no definition at all.

Don't really get where all the "homophobe, bigot" etc stuff is coming from. Not actively supporting something isn't the same as discriminating against it.

For example I don't actively support the Welsh fishing industry, doesn't mean I hate it or have anything against it though.

Yeah it'd be nice if everyone was accepting and inclusive but if they aren't trying to push their beliefs on others is it really that big an issue?

Don't really get where all the "homophobe, bigot" etc stuff is coming from. Not actively supporting something isn't the same as discriminating against it.

For example I don't actively support the Welsh fishing industry, doesn't mean I hate it or have anything against it though.

Yeah it'd be nice if everyone was accepting and inclusive but if they aren't trying to push their beliefs on others is it really that big an issue?

From what I have seen on social media, the ones mostly accusing her of being a phob3 and or bigot themselves are not actually members of the LGBT men, but Straight (mostly white) men who are Christian who are complaining that sporting blokes and esp Christians who have spoken out against homophobia (like Israel Folau and the Manly 7) are treated worse/more persecuted than Haneen in a pathetic attempt at Whataboutism to mask their own bigotry and discrimination against the LGBT community and perhaps a bit of misogyny and sexism as well thrown in their tirades

No I'm not anti inclusion, I believe people are entitled to their religious beliefs and different beliefs in general, it seems you're anti inclusion, unless of course you have one way of thinking and one set of beliefs then of course we're inclusive, but don't dare deviate or think something else or you'll have a few labels thrown at you and be cancelled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I'm not anti inclusion, I believe people are entitled to their religious beliefs and different beliefs in general, it seems you're anti inclusion, unless of course you have one way of thinking and one set of beliefs then of course we're inclusive, but don't dare deviate or think something else or you'll have a few labels thrown at you and be cancelled.

You mean like Steve Price who got cancelled on the front page of the paper? Spare me, there are millions of people worldwide who practice religion and can be respectful towards the LGBTQIA+ community.

Free speech, religious freedoms and cancel culture are the wolf cries of humans who aren’t willing to do the work to move forward and progress with the wonderful growth society is experiencing right now.

Whether you like it or not, there are some areas within inclusion that just are simply black and white. If you’re against LGBTQIA+ you’re wrong and that’s not cancel culture, that’s human decency irrespective of your religious background.

Why have labels, groups or personas? If you’re a good person, I like you. If you’re a prick, I don’t like you. It doesn’t need to be any more complicated than that.

Why have labels, groups or personas? If you’re a good person, I like you. If you’re a prick, I don’t like you. It doesn’t need to be any more complicated than that.

I think that’s an approach to engaging others that can work but identity is still important, particularly to minority groups who have been marginalised over sustained periods of time. It helps us understand the differences in behaviours, attitudes, lifestyles etc.

I do wonder if knowing everything we know now and society completely started again how things would be grouped or labelled

You mean like Steve Price who got cancelled on the front page of the paper? Spare me, there are millions of people worldwide who practice religion and can be respectful towards the LGBTQIA+ community.

Free speech, religious freedoms and cancel culture are the wolf cries of humans who aren’t willing to do the work to move forward and progress with the wonderful growth society is experiencing right now.

Whether you like it or not, there are some areas within inclusion that just are simply black and white. If you’re against LGBTQIA+ you’re wrong and that’s not cancel culture, that’s human decency irrespective of your religious background.
Steven price didn't say anything about the lgbtqia+ community, he just expressed an opinion about the aflw as a whole, he should be allowed to express that as you should be allowed to express whether you agree with him or not, that's how it goes, and once again your inclusion only consists of one way of thinking, just become someone doesn't believe in or want to wear a rainbow Guernsey doesn't mean they lack human decency, people have religious beliefs or other beliefs in general and shouldn't be shut down because of them, no I'm not wrong because I don't fear or want to punish someone who has a different belief to me and it sounds like your wonderful society is on twitter or tiktok which is not real.

Both are as bad as each other.

Steven price didn't say anything about the lgbtqia+ community, he just expressed an opinion about the aflw as a whole, he should be allowed to express that as you should be allowed to express whether you agree with him or not, that's how it goes, and once again your inclusion only consists of one way of thinking, just become someone doesn't believe in or want to wear a rainbow Guernsey doesn't mean they lack human decency, people have religious beliefs or other beliefs in general and shouldn't be shut down because of them, no I'm not wrong because I don't fear or want to punish someone who has a different belief to me and it sounds like your wonderful society is on twitter or tiktok which is not real.
You missed the point - Steve Price and the Murdoch/Costello/Rinehart mouthpieces have front-page opinion pieces, radio shows, TV shows complaining that they have been silenced, and people like you actually believe it.

Nothing happened to these guys

You missed the point - Steve Price and the Murdoch/Costello/Rinehart mouthpieces have front-page opinion pieces, radio shows, TV shows complaining that they have been silenced, and people like you actually believe it.
Maybe you don't get it but hey head on down to your inner city coffee shop, have your soy latte and think about what next to be offended and outraged about, me personally I couldn't live like that, I couldn't give a shit what people believe in, hey if you don't like the Murdoch papers I'm sure the guardian or Crikey might be more to your liking.

Maybe you don't get it but hey head on down to your inner city coffee shop, have your soy latte and think about what next to be offended and outraged about, me personally I couldn't live like that, I couldn't give a s**t what people believe in, hey if you don't like the Murdoch papers I'm sure the guardian or Crikey might be more to your liking.
Your lack of self-awareness is mind-boggling. You seem quite offended and outraged here.

And you've still not understood the original comment that you responded to.

Your lack of self-awareness is mind-boggling. You seem quite offended and outraged here.

And you've still not understood the original comment that you responded to.
No mate I don't get offended or outraged, that's why I'm not trying to cancel people and people that do are pathetic and I'm fully aware of who and what I am and quite happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back