Rumour AFLW player refuses to wear pride jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares she isn’t hurting anyone and standing by her beliefs. Which no doubt her team mates support.
Bet no one hear batted an eye lid when Bachar Houli left the ground during the 3rd Qtr of a prelim to pray.
Karen’s all over bigfooty

Who cares she isn’t hurting anyone and standing by her beliefs. Which no doubt her team mates support.
Bet no one hear batted an eye lid when Bachar Houli left the ground during the 3rd Qtr of a prelim to pray.

Was he praying for his team mates to change their heretic way?

I would think standing by her beliefs hurts her team mates who she thinks are living sinful lives. Or maybe they simply dont care about her.

When you say your ilk i guess you mean educated.
so the basis of your argument is a hypothetical which is just not true And has no basis.
Yet you still cant accept that Christian religions are homophobic , not the muslims who are lobbying the government for the right to desciminate against homosexuality. The liberal party is embarrassing how they are pandering to the Christians. Facts , no hypothetical.

if this lady wishes to sit out a game because she does not approve of the jumper All good. She has not placed any expectation on anyone else.
I would have no issue if a Christian wanted to stand aside for the same reason, why because it is her choice too. I am not Christian but i am not Muslim either.

This really is just whataboutism rather than addressing the issue here.

Last edited:

Not using technology on Saturday afternoons is slightly different to thinking some people should be banned from relationships with who they want.

The week after the jumpers are packed away for a year she still has the very same belief and still plays in a team with people she thinks ahould be banned from living how they live.

But its then hidden so the AFL is okay with it. They love sweeping sh*t under the rug.

It wasn't just using technology, it was not physically attending games.

Everything I've seen and read has said her coach and team mates are comfortable with her reasoning and importantly she is too.

In the end, what do you and I care? To be honest I couldn't care less about it. I really just came in to see the outrage an am surprised there hasn't been too much.

I do agree with you though about imagining if she attended Hillsong instead.

Was he praying for his team mates to change their heretic way?

I would think standing by her beliefs hurts her team mates who she thinks are living sinful lives. Or maybe they simply dont care about her.
Maybe they respect her beliefs? It’s not like she is trying to convert them to Islam.
Not everyone in the world is offended by everything .
This thread has really brought out the quality in bigfooty

It’s f’ed up views in your belief system.

We don’t have the same view on what’s moral and what is not because we get it from completely different sources. There are things that people can do here that are very immoral in my Religion (like charging interest just because someone took a loan) but that’s because we get our views from different sources.

I don’t insult people when they are with a same-sex partner, I don’t hit them, I treat them like other non-Muslims that do things against my Religion. Just as no one tells us to wear green and yellow colours to promote the acceptance of drinking alcohol, I don’t want us to be forced to wear rainbow colours to signify the acceptance of what we don’t believe is acceptable.
It's not a belief system, it's the law. Yours are beliefs, and beliefs only.
Stop sitting behind religion as an excuse to discriminate and hate on other people.

That do thing against your religion? What? Being gay?
GOD. You're a piece of work.

Maybe they respect her beliefs? It’s not like she is trying to convert them to Islam.

Do you respect people who think you should have who you are banned for no reason other than some guy 1400 years ago said it? And in many places that very same belief sees people put in gaol? And in some places that very same belief sees people killed?

Do you respect people who think you should have who you are banned for no reason other than some guy 1400 years ago said it? And in many places that very same belief sees people put in gaol? And in some places that very same belief sees people killed?
I actually don’t give a shit. It’s their business not mine. As long as they’re not enforcing it on me I couldn’t give a shit. It’s called minding my own business.
Same as someone coming out saying they’re homosexual or they identify as a wheelie bin. I don’t care.

The world can be a completely ****ed up place. Innocent people of been killed for less then going against what their society believes. It doesn’t cross into mine or my loved ones lives then I’m not going to concern myself with it.

Pretty funny.

If a Christian did this the outrage would be immense.

But a Muslim does it and oh no the poor dear is being pressured in to not wearing it what a precious flower.
First of all, Muslims deal with far more discrimination than christians do so let's not start with that.
Second of all, Muslims have no influence on policy makers, which makes Muslims less of a threat to the left. Who has more power to change where a table goes in a home. A spouse or a guest?

The reason why the left in general aren't as vocal against Muslims is because of Muslim votes. Muslims have long voted left for financial stability, discrimination and immigration policies under the impression that they'd be left to practice their faith in peace. Muslims have also suffered from traditional far right policies relating to immigration, colonialism, discrimination and war, often leading to oppression, food scarcity, instability, displacement and murder. It's the reason why the left have an easier time winning Muslim votes through selling "diversity" and "inclusion". It's the reason why I've always voted left.

I do feel like this is changing, especially over the last 4 or 5 years. Many have come to realise that the left only like the idea of a Muslim because we tick the underdog criteria when it comes to international politics (oppressed, refugees, victims of war, discriminated against, marginalised etc). They also like what we can do on election day and how we can shift public perception of right-wing policies through stories of oppression and trauma. They don't ACTUALLY like or want to co-exist with Muslims, making them no different to right-wing racists in my eyes.

It's obvious we were used as pawns for votes and selling sob stories to take power away from the right. Practically sold us a lie that we could practice our Religion freely, only for them to introduce policies that restricts our freedom to practice our faith and forcing atheist ideologies and practices on us. Again, a different belief is NOT synonymous with discrimination.

Reality is that left-wing politicians still support the Zionists who murder and oppress Palestinians, support the war in Syria, maintained the war in Afghanistan/Iraq, have no interest in ending the current biggest humanitarian crisis in the world in Yemen or ending poverty in general.
It's all just virtue signalling.

Australia is a secular country and same sex marriage is legal under Australian law. If what you are saying is that you don't respect Australia's laws, why should you be given the right of citizenship?
I was highlighting the contradiction of what the person is saying and not talking about who should or shouldn’t be given the right of citizenship. Saying you’re for Muslim citizenship in Australia only if Muslims become non-Muslims is not being for Muslim citizenship in Australia.

I’ll make a point though that I and many Muslims here were citizens before same-sex marriage was considered lawful in Australia (it’s only a recent thing). This country aligned with our views on gay marriage.

I’ve seen some people venture towards insinuating the following so I’ll say it (even if you are not insinuating this), but if you’re saying that white Australians have a right to Australian citizenship even though they hold an opinion against the Australian laws (e.g. during the campaign to legalise gay marriage in Australia) but non-white Australian citizens with backgrounds from other countries do not, then that means that you are saying that non-white people are second-rate citizens to white people.

Yes, there are consequences for not following Australian laws regardless of race or Religion, but I don’t know why some people who say they’re not racist or xenophobic want non-white Australians to receive bigger consequences than white Australian citizens for not following Australian law. That would be blatant racism and xenophobia and not in compliance with “equal rights” to Australian citizens at all because again, there are many Muslims that were born here and have an Australian birth certificate, and there are many Muslims that have been naturalised as equal citizens to white Australians after being given an Australian citizenship.

But no, Australia as a non-racist country does not question our right to Australian citizenship unless we put the lives of its citizens in physical harms way (e.g. bombing the country, acting as spy agents for another country to destroy the Australian government, killing or physically hurting the fornicators, alcohol-drinkers, or LGBTQ people etc.). We’re not asking to do that. We’re asking not to wear rainbow guernseys and attire that signifies what we don’t believe in just as we don’t ask non-Muslims to pray or to fast or to perform other Islamic practices that the non-Muslims don’t believe in. If not, then we’ll just face the consequences that white Australians would face if they don’t wear a rainbow guernsey for example. Australia as a country does not have different consequences for a non-white Australian citizen if they simply do not believe in the legality of gay marriage or refuse to wear rainbow guernseys compared to a white Australian. If you yourself really respected Australian laws, then you or anyone else on here wouldn’t question our citizenship just as you wouldn’t question the citizenship of a white Australian that believes like me. If you do then you’re simply xenophobic and/or racist.

I don’t need to be gaslighted anyway because many of you only respect your own Australian laws if you agree with it. If not, then you’ll disrespect it in any way you see fit including campaigning on the streets against it, refusing to wear masks/being vaccinated, insulting Scott Morrison or other leaders/lawmakers of this country, telling government officials that this country is f’ed etc.

It puzzles me when some here ask for a democratic country that allows for free speech and to do “whatever you want to do” or “believe whatever you want to believe in” and then cry when they get it. They want “diversity and inclusion for all people” and then complain when they get true diversity. Really boggles the mind.

It's not a belief system, it's the law. Yours are beliefs, and beliefs only.
Stop sitting behind religion as an excuse to discriminate and hate on other people.

That do thing against your religion? What? Being gay?
GOD. You're a piece of work.
I wonder whether people for gay marriage now were for it when Australian law was against it. Hmmmmm.

Stop hiding behind “Australian law” to hide the fact that this a part of your belief system. Even before it was considered legal, there were many Australians for gay marriage. It means that at that time and until now it is a belief.

I wonder whether people for gay marriage now were for it when Australian law was against it. Hmmmmm.

Stop hiding behind “Australian law” to hide the fact that this a part of your belief system. Even before it was considered legal, there were many Australians for gay marriage. It means that at that time and until now it is a belief.
This is just stupid "logic".
Whether people voted for it or not, it's the law. That's how the law works in this country, maybe you're new to it?

And yes, a large section of society were for it and wanted it changed. Hence, it was.
That's your argument? It used to not be law?

Your views are not welcome in modern Australian society.
Ergo, you are not welcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s f’ed up views in your belief system.

We don’t have the same view on what’s moral and what is not because we get it from completely different sources. There are things that people can do here that are very immoral in my Religion (like charging interest just because someone took a loan) but that’s because we get our views from different sources.

I don’t insult people when they are with a same-sex partner, I don’t hit them, I treat them like other non-Muslims that do things against my Religion. Just as no one tells us to wear green and yellow colours to promote the acceptance of drinking alcohol, I don’t want us to be forced to wear rainbow colours to signify the acceptance of what we don’t believe is acceptable.

What is unacceptable about homosexuality? You do understand people are born this way and can’t control it? And u still think they should have less rights than someone born straight? How incredibly moronic.

Yeah speaking of quality you look like a ripper.

Again, do you respect the views of nazis? If she was nazi would you respect her views, because she isn’t trying to convert anyone right? Everyone’s entitled to having a view, right?

That’s literally why the law changed, this is like arguing with an 8 year old.

Not sure what they expected was going to happen? There are approximately 1.8 billion Muslims in the world, and they inhabit geographic, linguistic and cultural spaces that are enormously diverse. As a result, their beliefs on issues relating to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people cannot be easily summarised. Not every Muslim is homophobic, but it's still primarily Muslim countries that fiercely outlaw homosexuality. You have a better chance of surviving base-jumping lessons without a parachute than supporting the LGBTQ community being raised in a strict Muslim family, either here in Australia or back home. The AFL must've known this was going to be like running through a minefield.

Her refusing to wear the guernsey is her stating her opinions. It is like a person carrying around a Confederate flag in America. Sure they may not state outright what they believe but we can get a very good guess based on the flag they are carrying around.
Interesting equivalence. I reckon you aren’t more than three posts from Godwin’s law.

Novak Djokovic wasn't hurting anyone either and was still deported for his views.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back