Rumour AFLW player refuses to wear pride jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st paragraph make a random argument against something literally no one has said.

2nd paragraph make a random statement about something which you have no actual idea if it’s true or not.

Thanks for your contribution, enjoying believing in your chosen sky wizard because u were brainwashed as a child.

You know I am right, every week at the footy and a league soccer, I hear homophobic and transphobic slurs from people/bogans who don't look like very religious.

You can be both religious and pro gay and Trans rights (which I am)

It's arrogant, pig headed Atheists like you who keep on creating the divide between religious people (not just Muslims either, Jews as well suffer so much bigotry and hatred and physical and verbal attacks in Australia, as well as the Gay and Trans community)

Your arrogance is as breathtaking as your ignorance.

It was Holocaust Memorial Day yesterday.
If it was up to Atheists like you, it is a day and tragedy we should all pretend never happened.

I pity people like you who are so wrapped in their own so called intellectual superiority being Atheists that they pay no heed to the suffering and prejudice people of religions (including Christians in some countries) have suffered in the last 2000 years and continue to do so.

I think the straight/cis Atheist community are far more upset about this decision by Haneen not to play than the LGBT community, which actually speaks volumes of the intolerance of Australia's Atheist community.

You know I am right, every week at the footy and a league soccer, I hear homophobic and transphobic slurs from people/bogans who don't look like very religious.

It's arrogant, pig headed Atheists like you who keep on creating the divide between religious people (not just Muslims either, Jews as well suffer so much bigotry and hatred and physical and verbal attacks in Australia, as well as the Gay and Trans community)

If it was up to Atheists like you, it is a day and tragedy we should all pretend never happened.

I pity people like you who are so wrapped in their own so called intellectual superiority being Atheists that they pay no heed to the suffering and prejudice people of religions (including Christians in some countries) have suffered in the last 2000 years and continue to do so.

I think the straight/cis Atheist community are far more upset about this decision by Haneen not to play than the LGBT community, which actually speaks volumes of the intolerance of Australia's Atheist community.

Well there’s incoherent rambling messes and there’s THIS…

There’s so many things wrong with this post it’s really hard to know where to begin.

just so you know, there is no “atheist community”, not believing in something is not a community. we don’t have meetings every Sunday, or share the same values, to think so is simply moronic…. But then again, a grown adult believing in magic and sky wizards because a book says so is moronic too, and here we are.

Atheists would prefer Holocaust remembrance Day was cancelled?
That's a pretty ordinary thing to say.
As if to have any conscience you must be part of a cult, sorry, religion.
Piss off with crap like that.

blink-182 wtf GIF

insanely-idiotic-things-ive-ever-heard.gif

Atheists would prefer Holocaust remembrance Day was cancelled?
That's a pretty ordinary thing to say.
As if to have any conscience you must be part of a cult, sorry, religion.
Piss off with crap like that.

Actually no, not in this context. It is most certainly relevant.

Millions of people perished in the Holocaust cause of their religion, and now we want to exclude people from playing football (or even being part of our country) cause of their religious beliefs ?

FYI, assuming there was no religion or religious doctrine ever in this world since time began, do you honestly believe for a second the world would be a better/more peaceful place ?

And I have said many times I wish Haneen would wear the Pride Jumper.

I get it (i really do) when people say they are sick of Religious Types (of any faith) shoving their views down their throats, but in controversial cases like this, I am sick of Atheists (who are CIS and straight) shoving their views down my throat.

There will always be practising Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Christians etc .

Is it too much to try and respect their own beliefs and values, even if it doesn't agree with your own personal ones ?

I don't even know why I keep bother posting about this topic, I have not watched one second of AFLW so far this season (time constraints more than anything) and I am willing to bet many of those condemning Haneen haven't watched much of the season either.

Actually no, not in this context. It is most certainly relevant.

Millions of people perished in the Holocaust cause of their religion, and now we want to exclude people from playing football (or even being part of our country) cause of their religious beliefs ?

FYI, assuming there was no religion or religious doctrine ever in this world since time began, do you honestly believe for a second the world would be a better/more peaceful place ?

And I have said many times I wish Haneen would wear the Pride Jumper.

I get it (i really do) when people say they are sick of Religious Types (of any faith) shoving their views down their throats, but in controversial cases like this, I am sick of Atheists (who are CIS and straight) shoving their views down my throat.

There will always be practising Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Christians etc .

Is it too much to try and respect their own beliefs and values, even if it doesn't agree with your own personal ones ?

I don't even know why I keep bother posting about this topic, I have not watched one second of AFLW so far this season (time constraints more than anything) and I am willing to bet many of those condemning Haneen haven't watched much of the season either.
Stop doubling down on your rubbish. It's pathetic.

Stop doubling down on your rubbish. It's pathetic.

This will be my final post on this thread and topic, but I stand by 110 % in everything I have posted in this thread. You or anyone else have not even come close to making a persuasive argument (and I am very open
minded)

You are entitled to your opinions though, as I am to mine.

Let's just agree to disagree and move on.

This will be my final post on this thread and topic, but I stand by 110 % in everything I have posted in this thread. You or anyone else have not even come close to making a persuasive argument (and I am very open
minded)

You are entitled to your opinions though, as I am to mine.

Let's just agree to disagree and move on.
You're not entitled to your backward opinions. That's the point.

You're not entitled to your backward opinions. That's the point.
Actually according to the AFL/AFLW/society he is. As long as a person doesn’t voice or act on homophobic views, there perfectly entitled to have them. And their perfectly entitled not to celebrate and advocate for the rights LGBTIQ people.

Actually according to the AFL/AFLW/society he is. As long as a person doesn’t voice or act on homophobic views, there perfectly entitled to have them. And their perfectly entitled not to celebrate and advocate for the rights LGBTIQ people.
Sorry but you need this;
there = a place
their = a possession
they're = they are

E.g They're entitled to have their views, but there is no place for those views in Australian society.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of curiosity, what transphobic slurs do you hear every week? Genuine question. TIA.

Yeah that’s all well and good but can you imagine if a white male player decided he didn’t want to wear the pride guernsey? Hand-wringing lefties would have a field day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back