Game Day AFLW R6: Crows vs Freo @ TIO (NT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t watch all the game but the umpiring in that last 1/4 was terrible. Reckon the last 5+ frees were very dubious and all towards Freo.

Feel like we might finish 3rd. Really 3rd or 4th would be a decent result based on how average we are on field and those horrible losses early on.

Maybe because she can't run or kick because of her injury.

I know it's Erin Phillips, but honestly she shouldn't even be out there. I suspect she's most probably disappointed that she can't have any impact on the game.
Meh, we were watching different games then. It's genuinely exciting watching her play. Whenever she got near it everyone holds their breath. Randal is hard nut too.

The only reason I can see as to why the umps werent trying to get the opposition over the line was that our opposition was Freo.
I swear to god that club are the ugly bastard son that the AFL wish they never had. Well at least as far as umpiring is concerned anyway.
I cant see why it would be any different with the Womans league.

Someone should make a montage of Randall's going back with the flight efforts. You've got to love players with courage.

The fact Marinoff got straight back out there and put her head over the ball speaks volumes... ive seen the guys squib a contest after getting a cut cheek she's tough as nails
Steady on. Probably couldn't feel it through the chub.

16 tackles is great. But ask Malcolm Blight... If you're tackling a lot it's because you can't get to the ball first. She's in amazing shape 12 months later and not in a good way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only reason I can see as to why the umps werent trying to get the opposition over the line was that our opposition was Freo.
I swear to god that club are the ugly bastard son that the AFL wish they never had. Well at least as far as umpiring is concerned anyway.
I cant see why it would be any different with the Womans league.
You got it all wrong. The umps fed them frees for the whole 4 quarters. We won because we played the better brand of football and we had Erin as our dangerous and reliable forward. The Freo team's forward line didn't look at all potent. The score was only close because of the umps, most of their goals were actually from frees!

Steady on. Probably couldn't feel it through the chub.

16 tackles is great. But ask Malcolm Blight... If you're tackling a lot it's because you can't get to the ball first. She's in amazing shape 12 months later and not in a good way.
Are you suggesting Marinoff is out of shape? Her work rate is great out there and she is tough as old boots. She is also only 20.

If by some mathematical miracle we make the final again, will anyone be fit to play.
This brand of footy (bash and crash) must take its toll. Erin on one leg, Marinoff going 13 rounds with Mike Tyson each game, so many potential dangerous collisions involving heads and below knee impacts which have thankfully not resulted in much but sore bodies, (so far).
I know it’s a short season but these girls must be getting very sore, everywhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back