AFLW Rnd 3 - Carlton v Adelaide Gameday/Autopsy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpiring today one sided. But crows are a good side. They are faster and fitter then us.

Next yr recuiting should include fast midfielders.

Bri davey is our best player. When she was off in q3 we had no drive from the backiline which where all our attack comes from.

Hopefully we bounce back next week. Go the blue girls!

Umpiring today one sided. But crows are a good side. They are faster and fitter then us.

Next yr recuiting should include fast midfielders.

Bri davey is our best player. When she was off in q3 we had no drive from the backiline which where all our attack comes from.

Hopefully we bounce back next week. Go the blue girls!
Adelaide beat our girls by2 points with the crowd, Umpires and home ground advantage, Adelaide are no fitter, stronger or better then our girls.The weather looked awful, this loss is better to happen now then in the final, I ain't writing off our girls so easily.

Yep I have every confidence in our blue girls to bounce back*.

*Unless Bri Davey is injured, then we are screwed!
Bri is a very physical player with awesome skills we defiantly a weaker side when she is off the ground.

Disappointing effort today. I think the scoreboard flattered us a little bit. Hats off to our defenders for keeping us in the game because we struggled in the midfield & our forward line was almost non-existent.

I felt at times that the defensive pressure of previous weeks wasn't there. We certainly allowed the Crows' defenders an easy path out of our F50 (at one stage the F50 tackle count was Adelaide 7, us 1).

The Crows did a good job in shutting down Vescio, who needs to find a way to get more involved when things aren't going her way. They also took Jakobsson out of the game in the 2nd half, which really hampered our efforts to get some deep I50 entries.

The main difference between us & the Crows was their better ball use, quick hands under pressure & their run, which didn't allow our defence to set up the zones, as we have done in the first 2 games. We probably also went a bit too tall for the conditions.

Keeping has plenty to think about this week.

just read Crows match day thread and they reckon we were rough and dirty wtf. Time to watch the tape I think
Blinkers are pretty standard with Crows crowds in my experience. Not to take away from it being a great family atmosphere and everyone getting on well, but they never seem to see their players doing any wrong lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh and I bought some women's shorts. I love them. Pity there were no socks for sale.
i asked about the socks - they are way cool. Was told that there is a material shortage so they only have enough for the players. On-line they aren't up for pre-order anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back