AFLW Rnd 3 - Carlton v Brisbane Gameday Discussion/Autopsy

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Downie had a good night holding Frederick Traub, but it robbed us of marking across half back, and forward - shes actually a great overhead mark and kick for goal.

Lloynes remains a steadily consistent performer.

Vescio not enough of it.

Audley a great little goer as well.

And hell even Moody could have had a great game if her kicking was better directed.

Our ball handling skills are sub-par.

We dont really have any one touch players with the exception of Vescio and Bri. Too many times the ball bobbles around giving the opposition time to lay a tackle.

Compare that to Brisbane who have quite a few who could just grab the ball and go.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

And hell even Moody could have had a great game if her kicking was better directed.
Really? Thought she barely hit a target all game, turned the ball over and fumbled heaps. Highlight for her was two smothers in 5 seconds at the end unless I missed some stuff.

Couple of good moments, but obviously not good enough tonight. Great endeavour though.

Special mention to Loynes.

Moody showed great signs.

A bit of class & poise needed in the midfield

Even though we didn't win the crucial moments tonight there was plenty to build on.

It was a good effort without the skipper. Regroup & come out stronger girls.

We have loads of grunt but really lacking in polish. Need to recruit skillful runners in the off-season (ala Ellie Blackburn - dreaming I know lol).

The way we transition from defense to attack is terrible. We're wasting our 2 guns up forward with lack of opportunities inside 50 - coaches need to come up with something better.

Loved the closeness of the game and how hard both sides went at it. Brisbane are a better skilled side and just as hard at it. Love the way the wimmin go about it - win lose or draw it is fun watching for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you tip your's blond like I did ?

So I see Blade Runner, wanna look like Roy Batty.

Mate says ‘My gf is a hairdresser, she can do your hair at my place for half price.’

So I turn up, 6 pack in hand, already 10 pots loaded.

Off we go, hair net, whatever, beer, out comes the dye, beer, rub it in, beer......more beer.

45 minutes later, and onto the mixers, offcomes the net.

Utter dead ringer for the girl from Berlin......’take my breath away’.....utter shambles.

Worst thing, footy training the next day, turn up, and the greatest legend in the history sees me and says.......

Red Bull .......over to you.

Do everything you can to stop the opposition scoring don't worry about scoring yourself

It feels like this sometimes.

Tonight I got the same feeling watching that i got last year when we played skilful sides.

It's like we are the dam wall and they are the water. They will push and push, we will hold and hold - but some time before the game's end that wall will burst.

We have loads of grunt but really lacking in polish. Need to recruit skillful runners in the off-season (ala Ellie Blackburn - dreaming I know lol).

The way we transition from defense to attack is terrible. We're wasting our 2 guns up forward with lack of opportunities inside 50 - coaches need to come up with something better.
Problem is that none of our girls can hit targets.

How can you get the ball forward if you kick it straight to the opposition and when your teammate is meters in the clear?

The ball goes to the opponent and they are now meters in the clear.

Happened time and again with our lack of speed making up that ground requires so mich effort that our girls blow up a lot earlier than they would if we went at over 50% efficiency.

Its the reason we got killed on uncontested possesions. Our disposal has been so bad, that there werent many times our players didnt need to hunt down an errant pass.

Our ball handling skills are sub-par.

We dont really have any one touch players with the exception of Vescio and Bri. Too many times the ball bobbles around giving the opposition time to lay a tackle.

Compare that to Brisbane who have quite a few who could just grab the ball and go.

Thats why i reckon sometimes our girls are better off toe poking off the grond and getting the ball forwsrd instead of trying to pick it up and fumbling .

Problem is that none of our girls can hit targets.

How can you get the ball forward if you kick it straight to the opposition and when your teammate is meters in the clear?

The ball goes to the opponent and they are now meters in the clear.

Happened time and again with our lack of speed making up that ground requires so mich effort that our girls blow up a lot earlier than they would if we went at over 50% efficiency.

Its the reason we got killed on uncontested possesions. Our disposal has been so bad, that there werent many times our players didnt need to hunt down an errant pass.

He makes you wonder what the hell the coaches have them doin at training

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Rnd 3 - Carlton v Brisbane Gameday Discussion/Autopsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back