Women's Footy AFLW Round 6 2020 - Western Bulldogs v Fremantle - Whitten Oval. Sunday 15 Mar 2020, 10:10pm AWST

Remove this Banner Ad

Really enjoyed that game today. WB played out of their skins & even though the Freo girls were a bit off today, the class showed out.

But...I saw the worst holding the ball decision that I have ever seen at any level of football. I can’t recall names but it was the 2nd qtr in the Bulldogs goalsquare & a Freo player & a WB player dived on the ground at the same time, grabbing a piece of the ball each & then fighting for the ball equally.

No tackle was actually made by either team & Freo was penalised for holding the ball & WB kicked an easy goal from 10m out. **** I was furious.

Really enjoyed that game today. WB played out of their skins & even though the Freo girls were a bit off today, the class showed out.

But...I saw the worst holding the ball decision that I have ever seen at any level of football. I can’t recall names but it was the 2nd qtr in the Bulldogs goalsquare & a Freo player & a WB player dived on the ground at the same time, grabbing a piece of the ball each & then fighting for the ball equally.

No tackle was actually made by either team & Freo was penalised for holding the ball & WB kicked an easy goal from 10m out. fu** I was furious.
That decision was plain cheating

I know at this stage he's probably trolling, but look who's back.

Wrap it up boys and girls. We didn't beat the Bulldogs by enough to win a flag. Hopefully next year we can just build a decent percentage thrashing mediocre teams.
we all know what happened last time we had North flogs over here telling us their team was better

MRO Findings - E.Antonio not cited, but Duffy's frustrations at being so well-held might have boiled over...

Sabreena Duffy, Fremantle, has been charged with Striking Kim Rennie, Western Bulldogs, during the third quarter of the match between the Western Bulldogs and Fremantle, played at VU Whitten Oval on Sunday, March 15.

In summary, she can accept a Reprimand with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct with low impact and body contact. The incident was classified as a $400 sanction. The player can accept a Reprimand with an early plea.

Last edited:
I thought I saw the Bulldogs player yank her jumper down first to stop her getting up? But yes Sabs looked a tad frustrated yesterday.

I thought I saw the Bulldogs player yank her jumper down first to stop her getting up? But yes Sabs looked a tad frustrated yesterday.
she did. and that's why it was a fine instead of a weeks ban which is what a girl got for a very very similar incident a few weeks ago!

She did. That's why Sabs yanked at her jumper to get her to let go, but it was clumsy and she ended up dropping her back on the turf.

she did. and that's why it was a fine instead of a weeks ban which is what a girl got for a very very similar incident a few weeks ago!
Nah, that was much, much worse. The Richmond girl was standing over her opponent, grabbed her jumper and slammed her into the turf twice. Sabs' was like a face-slap with a wet lettuce leaf, as opposed to an uppercut in comparison.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back