Game Day AFLW Round 7, 2024: West Coast vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Jess Rentsch will be a beast once she feels she belongs at this level.

Good size, very fast and evasive, great reach, just needs to tidy up her disposal and composure a bit. Can see why we took her early.

Good size, very fast and evasive, great reach, just needs to tidy up her disposal and composure a bit. Can see why we took her early.
Would love to see her get a go on ball at some stage.

I don't see her composure as being as bad as some have suggested in comparison to others. She quite often seems happy to hold the footy and put on a swerve and a step to try and find a release target. May not always execute but doesn't strike me as someone who shits the bed whenever she gets the footy.

I don't see her composure as being as bad as some have suggested in comparison to others. She quite often seems happy to hold the footy and put on a swerve and a step to try and find a release target. May not always execute but doesn't strike me as someone who shits the bed whenever she gets the footy.
Definitely think it's been better today, probably the best I've seen from her.

That quarter went as predicted, sadly.

Effort was good, we held up okay defensively at times, but basic skill errors continued to mount. I wouldn't even blame the conditions, a lot of them were simple ground balls that the girls just have to be better with at this stage of the programme.

A few odd umpiring decisions late didn't help. (Hey Bacchus - I reckon they were fine early but by the end of the half yeah, 100% home town umpiring).

Held up better later in that quarter, a shame we didn't get another goal or two in the first as the scoreline would look much more respectable.

This and the Lions game have been good reminders that we still have a fair way to go despite the improvement this year.

Held up better later in that quarter, a shame we didn't get another goal or two in the first as the scoreline would look much more respectable.

This and the Lions game have been good reminders that we still have a fair way to go despite the improvement this year.
This is a very salient point, when you look at how young/inexperienced our squad is...I think it's important to temper our expectations a bit.

Experience and growth into the 22 and unders will begin to pay dividends in a year or 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's necessarily an age thing, but more the tail of the side is still a bit too long.

Replace the bottom 6 girls from today's side with draftees coming through and we'll be looking really dangerous with Daisy's structures.

I don't think it's necessarily an age thing, but more the tail of the side is still a bit too long.

Replace the bottom 6 girls from today's side with draftees coming through and we'll be looking really dangerous with Daisy's structures.
Yep 🎉

Don't think you can blame her for that one. Fleming and her just tripped
More the first part that led to the contest. She's been a real bonus in general though, kind of assumed she was more a feel-good pick in her draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFLW Round 7, 2024: West Coast vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back