Game Day AFLW Round 8: vs GWS, Kinetic Frankston, Sat 19Oct 1:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

My daughters' favourite Caz Baskaran is back in the team this week. Again, only on Kayo I believe for those who can't make it.

WEEK 8 TEAM
Hawthorn v GWS Giants
Saturday 19 October
Kinetic Stadium, Frankston
1.05pm AEDT

IN:
Charlotte Baskaran
OUT: Greta Bodey (Injured)

B:
Tilly Lucas-Rodd, Jenna Richardson
HB: Laura Elliott, Tamara Smith, Kaitlyn Ashmore
C: Emily Everist, Mattea Breed, Charlotte Baskaran
HF: Sophie Locke, Aine McDonagh, Aileen Gilroy
F: Lucy Wales, Jasmine Fleming
R: Jess Vukic, Eliza West, Emily Bates

INT: Hayley McLaughlin, Ainslie Kemp, Mikayla Williamson, Louise Stephenson, Bridie Hipwell

EMER: Sophie Butterworth, Bridget Deed, Tahlia Fellows

My daughters' favourite Caz Baskaran is back in the team this week. Again, only on Kayo I believe for those who can't make it.

WEEK 8 TEAM
Hawthorn v GWS Giants
Saturday 19 October
Kinetic Stadium, Frankston
1.05pm AEDT

IN:
Charlotte Baskaran
OUT: Greta Bodey (Injured)

B: Tilly Lucas-Rodd, Jenna Richardson
HB: Laura Elliott, Tamara Smith, Kaitlyn Ashmore
C: Emily Everist, Mattea Breed, Charlotte Baskaran
HF: Sophie Locke, Aine McDonagh, Aileen Gilroy
F: Lucy Wales, Jasmine Fleming
R: Jess Vukic, Eliza West, Emily Bates

INT: Hayley McLaughlin, Ainslie Kemp, Mikayla Williamson, Louise Stephenson, Bridie Hipwell

EMER: Sophie Butterworth, Bridget Deed, Tahlia Fellows

Same ! My daughters, in fact family favourite is back. Pumped for this one.

We should be heavy favourites but after the week off field around GWS anything could happen this match. As long as the Hawks are focused.

Late in and it's a debut for Butterworth! Congrats to her. Everest is out, I imagine the defence will be shuffled (Stephenson going back?).

Wow, Giants beating the Hawks at their own game, 2 quick goals at the scoring end, Hawks need to wake up to this!

Geez, the game is barely 5 minutes old, why on earth do we need to interrupt the game coverage with a live interview? Focus on the game!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would think being the "home" team we'd have a better understanding of the conditions but frustrating quarter and for all that advantage didn't make most of it - or anything at all.

Bit like when GCS flooded back, which is a bit of a worrying trend. Just something they will have to reckon with going forward as they become a consistent finals contender.

I would think being the "home" team we'd have a better understanding of the conditions but frustrating quarter and for all that advantage didn't make most of it - or anything at all.

Bit like when GCS flooded back, which is a bit of a worrying trend. Just something they will have to reckon with going forward as they become a consistent finals contender.
Agree, but also another test for a very inexperienced team.

Yes, Bates and west are stepping up weekly, but it's the next tier that need to learn how to adjust on field.
I saw glimpses in the 2nd quarter of the adjustment but not enough players in sync

Reserving judgement, but if giants get a few dodgy frees inside their 50 in next quarter where hawks had a few ignored, the cheat codes are in

Defender ******ed Aine from marking in a lead, then barrelled her over the boundary on a dead ball, but the umpires seem to think Aine is the transgressor

Refrained? Held arm!

Good to get an opponent making a contest, although it’s mostly scragging

Reserving judgement, but if giants get a few dodgy frees inside their 50 in next quarter where hawks had a few ignored, the cheat codes are in

Defender ******ed Aine from marking in a lead, then barrelled her over the boundary on a dead ball, but the umpires seem to think Aine is the transgressor

Refrained? Held arm!

Good to get an opponent making a contest, although it’s mostly scragging

Cheat code

Speaking of cheat codes, its nice to have Gilroy and her kicking boots in our side. Carol kicking her 2nd right before the siren probably puts the nail in the Giants' coffin.

Honestly annoyed at how scrappy they've been but a 3 goal lead is a 3 goal lead. All that matters is keeping it.

Agree, but also another test for a very inexperienced team.

Yes, Bates and west are stepping up weekly, but it's the next tier that need to learn how to adjust on field.
I saw glimpses in the 2nd quarter of the adjustment but not enough players in sync
Yeah, they're doing enough this game but it's the long term view that's the worry when we have to consider finals. We are getting worked out and as you say, second tier of players still need experience in these situations. They will learn. I just hope it's not off the back of two losses to finish the season and then facing an elimination final.

GWS with the 1st I the last quarter

Haw 6.5 41
GWS 3.4 22

Baskaran and Gilroy with 2, Aine not having a good game with her defender basically molesting her and wayward kicking

Gilroy with her 3rd, she's close to leading goal kicker for the year, she's a gun

Haw 7.5 47
GWS 3.4 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFLW Round 8: vs GWS, Kinetic Frankston, Sat 19Oct 1:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back