Game Day AFLW - Sunday - Final round before finals - Pies V Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

If the crows were smart they'd see us as an easier GF opponent than BL and therefore seek to make Brisbane's path as difficult as possible. That would have been conceding a couple of goals and having BL finish third.

Played a better second half in terms of intensity, but it was too little too late. Right move naming the extra tall in Smith, as we needed it, but she doesn't yet have the experience. Ultimately though had we not wasted our chances to smash the saints where we easily could have kicked an extra 3-4 goals it wouldn't have mattered.

Technically we can still host the Grand Final if we were to make it that far. It means we’ll need to win our two finals and hope Melbourne or Fremantle beat Brisbane.

Not getting ahead of myself or anything.

Technically we can still host the Grand Final if we were to make it that far. It means we’ll need to win our two finals and hope Melbourne or Fremantle beat Brisbane.

Not getting ahead of myself or anything.
And there is always good old fashioned #VICBIAS that can be relied on if the AFL decides to play the game in Victoria even if Crows or Lions make it.

Brown is starting to work her way into the season. Has not only found more footy, but also influenced the last couple of games. With a bit more strength she may have been able to break those tackles and have two shots on goal that quarter.

47 free kicks! More than ANY other game this weekend including men's games that go for nearly 50% longer. Do AFLW umps get paid pro rata by whistle blows?

Played a better second half in terms of intensity, but it was too little too late. Right move naming the extra tall in Smith, as we needed it, but she doesn't yet have the experience. Ultimately though had we not wasted our chances to smash the saints where we easily could have kicked an extra 3-4 goals it wouldn't have mattered.

I was thinking the same about your points. the coaching crew obviously saw we were undersized but smith needs another season or two.

After all the effort this season, we don't even finish top 2!!
What sort of pass was that from Bella Smith in the last couple of minutes. Talk about zero game awareness, probably cost us a top 2 finish...
Adelaide to win the flag for me. We look a level below Adelaide and Brisbane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking the same about your points. the coaching crew obviously saw we were undersized but smith needs another season or two.
It's where losing the likes of Garner and D'Arcy hurts.

After all the effort this season, we don't even finish top 2!!
What sort of pass was that from Bella Smith in the last couple of minutes. Talk about zero game awareness, probably cost us a top 2 finish...
Adelaide to win the flag for me. We look a level below Adelaide and Brisbane.
To be fair to Smith its not like she had tons of options streaming forward to choose from. I was really hoping someone like Davey was going to be running past for the handball.

Really poor effort today. Not been switched on from the start really cost them. Fumbling and half hearted tackling efforts stood out today. Molloy needs to learn to be a consistent player, not a flash in the pan type. She has some very good games, but then tends to go missing for 2 or 3 games. I would actually start her on the bench next week, just to get a response from her.

To be fair to Smith its not like she had tons of options streaming forward to choose from. I was really hoping someone like Davey was going to be running past for the handball.

She kicked the ball over her leading players head. The player was clear and leading to her, she kicked it to the Crows player at the back, about 2 metres off the pace.

Brown going to be good but needs a little more strength or play her just on the outside not at centre bounces.
Molloy very much like her uncle, in and out great or invisible. Her good is match winning.

Brown going to be good but needs a little more strength or play her just on the outside not at centre bounces.
Molloy very much like her uncle, in and out great or invisible. Her good is match winning.

two months ago, brown looked like she had never played before. she's improving faster than her brothers.

It's a fine line between second and third, but percentage will always fluctuate more in a shorter season and difference is close enough that we can only blame ourselves. Scoring 9 more points or conceding 5 less points across the season would have been enough to proceed straight to the prelim.

I just hope the girls realise how much they let you down...

Don't understand your post....My disappointment us for them, considering how hard they have worked this season, yet to cough up a top 2 finish with a pretty poor effort in most aspects of today's game. So nothing to do with me. Understand the gist of the post, before commenting.

The Adelaide girls are massive. They must have the best weights program in the AFLW. The difference in body shape and strength between the teams was huge.

We needed to be more composed under pressure to shift the ball to the outside. And work harder in transition to find space on our opponents ahead of the ball. We played hard but did it on their terms. When we got forced down the line it got killed in the air, then we got beat at ground level with their big bodies.

It was hard to see what Symonds was saying when he still considered us a developing side, but it was clear today. I feel like we can make it to the grand final and beat anyone except Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back