Ags

Remove this Banner Ad

bazlik said:
Are u serious mate, we played you guys with raso, murray, beckwith, succuzzo, magner, rebaschini, pymin, fleming, james salter, combon, erikson, chadwick, hill and luxa out, they are all in our starting 18. u guys are dreaming APS is a superior comp

*Sigh* I thought I ended this talk of APS, but fine.

Congradulations mate, you were missing the recruits. How about I do what you boys do, I'll take them all on scholarships to Ivanhoe. Imagine that for a moment, we've just recruited more than half a starting football team. So now that would mean that in just a few moments, you lost every player that is not on a scholarship. Ivanhoe has just purchased, for a few hundred grand (don't quote me on how much, I don't really do the figures on how much these boys don't have to pay for school) the title of best team in the AGSV, they are now better than any team in the APS, and possibly Victoria. Hailebury is now 'stuck' with playing people who have just come through the school. Unlucky, your now in Ivanhoe's position.

Now, in the one game that seems to have sparked this debate, you were missing all of these players, who have been bought by your school in the last year or so, meaning the normal, human people who go to learn at your school don't even get a crack at playing 1sts footy, coz it's full of ring ins. Ivanhoe, who, admittedly, does not have as many TAC cup boys as Hailebury, were also down their three TAC cup boys. However, I would like the point out a diffence between the TAC boys from the two schools. One of the three has been at the school since prep, another has been at the school for a fair while not quite sure how long, and I don't know whether the third bloke is scholarshiped or now.

What I'm really trying to say through all that, is that the guys who have come through the years at each school are better at Ivanhoe. When the TAC cup boys were removed and put on a level playing field, guess who won.

That argument can't be beat by what you boys seem to have been saying, which I'll quote roughly as "We had our TAC boys out", which I'm tranlating to "We didn't have our recruits"

On an unrelated note, did Mentone seriously beat Trinity? Wow...

yehh well said.....
and to finalise things about which comp is the best,
the premier league to play in is the TAC Cup and that's all that needs to be said...
on another topic, whats the fixture for the next ags round??

juDDa said:
the premier league to play in is the TAC Cup and that's all that needs to be said...
Yes it is.

The fixture this week is -

Camberwell vs Mentone
Yarra Valley vs Assumption
Marcellin vs P.E.G.S
Ivanhoe vs Peninsula

and Trinity have the bye

Moto_GP said:
Who is the best player in the AGSV and why?

good question, could go through every team and pick the best couple

what do other people think....a few ive seen or heard of include

IGS: gianfagna, riddell and colbert
MARCELLIN: McCasker, Coghlan and Montagna
PEGS: Tanner, Williams
TRINITY: Iezzi....other couple of midfielders (sorry cant think of names)
CAMBERWELL: Carey

who else would people include?

what about the AGS side for 2005?...any thoughts

Super_Dal said:
good question, could go through every team and pick the best couple

what do other people think....a few ive seen or heard of include

IGS: gianfagna, riddell and colbert
MARCELLIN: McCasker, Coghlan and Montagna
PEGS: Tanner, Williams
TRINITY: Iezzi....other couple of midfielders (sorry cant think of names)
CAMBERWELL: Carey

who else would people include?

what about the AGS side for 2005?...any thoughts

I'd include Ryan Anderson from Marcellin

Super_Dal said:
Peninsula vs Ivanhoe looks like a ripper game

PEGS vs Marcellin will show if any team can compete with PEGS

Yeah, Ivanhoe vs Peninsula was a great contest, Ivanhoe won by about a goal and a bit, I'll get the exact results when they come up.

McPhee said:
ivanhoe are nothing this year. Peninsula are not as strong as they have been in previous years.

Ivanhoe...are...nothing!? I feel shocked and amazed that a team that has only lost one game, and have dub deep in some good contests to come out on top can be nothing.

Guess I'll just have to take your word for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

some good players there. Anyone wanna have a crack at the best two or three?

Any certainties for ags team this year?

Moto_GP said:

Ryan Anderson from Marcellin would have to be one of the best 3. Is an emergency this weekend for the Vic Metro games and hes still 17. He will definately make AGS team this year.

Moto_GP said:

Ryan Anderson from Marcellin would have to be one of the best 3. Is an emergency next weekend for the Vic Metro games and hes still 17. He will definately make AGS team this year.

yeh definately agree with you there mate.. anderseon and jones would be top 2 but the next is a hard one to decide...probably sylver after that i'd say!can i ask someone how many TAC players are playing in the AGS???

i think mayb even a gianfagna could be in top 3 because the top 2 are all including bottom agers i think top age needs to be in there

Jones, easily number 1 in the AGS

2 & 3 could be a toss up between anderson and Sylv

Tim Scarpella of Peninsula recentally tagged GianFAGna and killed him, didnt get a kick the hole day, except for when he kicked out!!

J McCarthy, any one noticed him brother of Matt Mc Carthy Listed Geelong AFL footballer who is number 26# in the Peninsula best everyweek

J Grant = GUN u/16 last 29 Vic Metro

Z Rodwell & D Whelan

re the AGS side for 05...
what about Clarke (CGS) and Mackay (TGS)?
very good midfield players
is there anyone from Mentone?

Madison Hardimann. Super athlete, super smart, super looking. Assumption have been keeping him under wraps and will look to unleash come August 12th. Utility, at 191 cm's he is a key position prospect or can adapt to a Riewoldt/Goodes type game on the wing. Definitely one to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ags

Remove this Banner Ad

Back