Ahmed Saad suspended for 18 months (ASADA appealing)

Remove this Banner Ad

I would suggest that the player would have to be suspended until the B sample is analysed. No training, no matches, no problem identifying the individual if the information is correct.

I would suggest that the player would have to be suspended until the B sample is analysed. No training, no matches, no problem identifying the individual if the information is correct.

So you think if they returned that sample earlier this month, they wouldn't of played since?

Yes, yes and maybe.

If said player cops a years suspension, he has served his time.

It depends on how flagrant the cheating is

see this is where we differ from the absolutely deluded essendon supporters

we as members have had enough of individuals thinking they do not have to conduct them selves like professional employees and in most cases think they are more important than the club

i couldnt give two shits if it was roo. name him and stand him down. if he is guilty delist him

see this is where we differ from the absolutely deluded essendon supporters

we as members have had enough of individuals thinking they do not have to conduct them selves like professional employees and in most cases think they are more important than the club

i couldnt give two shits if it was roo. name him and stand him down. if he is guilty delist him

Exactly right, there will be no personality cult like reactions from Saints members and fans with this. As a member, I know that whether it is Lenny or a new draftee there will be no ridiculous excuses and obsfucating that we see from the Bomber fans on a daily basis and I am really confident that it will be the same from other Saints members and posters as well.

So you think if they returned that sample earlier this month, they wouldn't of played since?

He might have provided the sample earlier this month but it takes time to process and possibly reprocess so the notification may have just rolled in unless you have a name or two in mind? It might also relate to a fringe player which will be more difficult to diagnose.

Cheating is cheating.

Surely if the players are explained the risks of supplements etc normally, each club must of massively ramped up the education on this kind of stuff....there is just no excuse.

The captain, one our brightest up and coming stars, I care not.

Agree, cheating is cheating.

However if you serve your sentence, you are entitled to continue plying your trade.

Same wit essendon players, if they have transgressed, I want them serving penalties, but will have no issue with them returning to the league after their ban

Agree, cheating is cheating.

However if you serve your sentence, you are entitled to continue plying your trade.

Same wit essendon players, if they have transgressed, I want them serving penalties, but will have no issue with them returning to the league after their ban

Fine, but it can be at another club.

This St Kilda has to be different to the one of the past, anyone that compromises the organisation, that subjects it once again to this level of scrutiny...

No more chances.

I will be very interested to see the reaction if it should be a player like Lenny Hayes or Nick Riewoldt.

i couldnt give a shit if it was both of them at once. i couldnt care if banger harvey personally gave them the substance

they get named and stood down. no questions. anything less is a failure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i couldnt give a shit if it was both of them at once. i couldnt care if banger harvey personally gave them the substance

they get named and stood down. no questions. anything less is a failure

You say that now all you want, if one of those I mentioned actually does get revealed as the player and the heat from opposition fans and the media turns to St Kilda, I very much doubt St Kilda fans at large will remain in their current state where no player or facts are known.

You say that now all you want, if one of those I mentioned actually does get revealed as the player and the heat from opposition fans and the media turns to St Kilda, I very much doubt St Kilda fans at large will remain in their current state where no player or facts are known.

You'd be so very wrong.

We are already a club that can only attract betting sponsors due to our recent history of scandals and negative press.

This would be unforgiveable, whoever it proves to be.

If true, my opinion will not change.

We have put up with way too much crap from the playing group recently. I don't want to see anymore second chances. Lenny, Roo or whoever, if they are guilty, they go.

I will be very interested to see the reaction if it should be a player like Lenny Hayes or Nick Riewoldt.
The situations are so different it's not really comparing apples with apples. If a Saints player gets done, it's going to be comparitively swift. Widespread outrage will occur then the story will subside.

The problem with the Essendon occurance is the ongoing nature of it and the lack of information. The constant leaks and speculation from ALL involved merely heighten the anticipation, interest and outrage. Of course the outrage is going to be higher and more sustained in that situation.

Regarding the players involved. I don't think it will matter.

I don't really get what you're saying here, it is a bit confusing. If one of those gets revealed, then we as a club and the player, no matter that they are legends of the club, will deserve every bit of scrutiny that comes our/their way. This is drugs in sport, the biggest issue there is, the lowest of the low. It doesn't matter who it would be on our list, there will be no ridiculous standbywhatshisname circus if the test comes back positive.

So lets see.. barely any information, Zero statements from the AFL or the Saints, innuendo regarding previous proven drug cheats and listing the worst possible outcome? Sounds like a Caro article to me!

That said, if it does end up being true then just sack them at this point. Sick of this kind of shit and individuals in the group dragging down the entire club around them.

go read our board

our members and supporters are sick of this shit. every single poster has said they do not care who the player is, they have to be named and stood down

it might be hard for you to accept that, but thats how our supporters are dealing with this. they are taking responsibility for an individuals actions and chosing the club over that individual

it is also important that we put this in context with the rest of the situations. we are talking about one player. we are NOT talking about systematic doping that is alleged to have taken place at essendon

another reason why it is very important that the st kilda football club deals with this harshly and quickly

FFS trust St Kilda to get mixed up in this shit.:rolleyes:

The article is pretty vague though, would like to find out more details before I make any judgement. The media are jumping on any drug related stories at the moment so it may just be a beat up.

We are talking about St Kilda player who tested positive to PEDS. No such thing has happened at Essendon. No one has tested positive. Also the supplement in question, which is not a PED, has been used by Melbourne players as well.

Not one article written about Melbourne at all. AFL were quick to protect them. Just one article written about the Saint player. Don't expect much more to be written, maybe couple more.

Hawthorn, Collingwood and West Coast are going to get away with it as well. No investigation will be conducted, and no media frenzy about their possible drug use either.

But AFL has been happy to watch us being dragged through the mud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahmed Saad suspended for 18 months (ASADA appealing)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back