Ahmed Saad suspended for 18 months (ASADA appealing)

Remove this Banner Ad

The tone of the article seems to indicate it was a one off or is a drug that is over the counter or found in common medications.
Strange that some are so very intent on burning the bloke without any details at all. To crucify a bloke for something that may be as trivial as sudafed or preworkout drink and put him in the category of Lance Armstrong is ridiculous.
While banned is banned is banned I still think a little context is required before the lad is strapped into the electric chair.

They're going to ******* what now?

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...g-the-boundaries/story-fniv64tz-1226688416519

JAMES Hird suspected Collingwood players were pushing the boundaries and that West Coast was "definitely up to something'', according to new claims in the Essendon drugs scandal on Tuesday night.
Essendon's then sports scientist Stephen Dank allegedly wrote in a text to Hird last April that West Coast, Collingwood and Hawthorn were "biologically advanced''.

The tone of the article seems to indicate it was a one off or is a drug that is over the counter or found in common medications.
Strange that some are so very intent on burning the bloke without any details at all. To crucify a bloke for something that may be as trivial as sudafed or preworkout drink and put him in the category of Lance Armstrong is ridiculous.
While banned is banned is banned I still think a little context is required before the lad is strapped into the electric chair.

even so, our club has been through enough shit. what dumb ass player wouldnt triple check anything like that before taking it

our club needs to:
a) name the player immediately and explain the situation
b) stand the player down pending the outcome of the investigation

if he has been found to have taken the illegal substance he should be delisted

surely we have the dumbest playing group going around. i dont think theres enough characters to write out our failings over the last 4 years. unbelievable

This has to be done if it is not done the club will look extremely guilty.

our club needs to:
a) name the player immediately and explain the situation
b) stand the player down pending the outcome of the investigation

if he has been found to have taken the illegal substance he should be delisted

surely we have the dumbest playing group going around. i dont think theres enough characters to write out our failings over the last 4 years. unbelievable
Also, dropping a player for this reason is a good excuse to tank....

This will most likely be a craze/jack3d or other pre workout result I'd say.
But if it is something readily availble to the public and the player was oblivious to the substances in it - I feel sorry for them as it will most likely be a genuine mistake.

Unlike AOD and other substances essendon are alledged to have taken which are not available at your local supp store and not taken daily by unprofessional (like craze) therefore something more sinister is clearly at play and I would hope they are dealt with correctly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mad respect by me for Saints posters here... Almost polar opposite to Essendon...

i hope supporters do recognise this, like you have, and dont seek to lump us in with the dons

are are as mad and upset as you, if not more

i just hope to god he hasnt played an AFL game whilst he has had it in his system, to avoid the unfair advantage, not that we won a game

i hope supporters do recognise this, like you have, and dont seek to lump us in with the dons

are are as mad and upset as you, if not more

i just hope to god he hasnt played an AFL game whilst he has had it in his system, to avoid the unfair advantage, not that we won a game
To be fair though, it is a bit different. It is not Robert Harvey organising black ops systematic PED program and acting in meglomanical fashion with contemept for anyone who dare question him......

Mad respect by me for Saints posters here... Almost polar opposite to Essendon...

The thing that I, and most likely most non-Essendon fans don't get, is that when you look through history, whether it be Ben Johnson, Marion Jones, Lance Armstrong or whoever, people who try to take drugs in sports deny everything, try to blame others where possible about spiked samples and basically try to obfuscate things at every turn to make people believe they are innocent. But history tells us they never, ever are. I don't know how Essendon fans think that their team will be any different. Seeing their delusional responses to drug accusations really shows that there is an unhealthy personality-cult surrounding Jame Hird at that club.

I highly doubt that the Saints player in question, as much as he may claim he unwittingly took a drug, will be innocent. That is just the way it is with drugs and sport. People and teams deny, deny, deny, often even when caught. I honestly believe the vast majority of football fans would think the same if it involved their club - although it seems we have found an exception when it comes to Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahmed Saad suspended for 18 months (ASADA appealing)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back