Ahmed Saad's ban for energy drink on match day

Remove this Banner Ad

Along the same lines...

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl...g-the-boundaries/story-fni5f6kv-1226688416519
Essendon's then sports scientist Stephen Dank allegedly wrote in a text to Hird last April that West Coast, Collingwood and Hawthorn were "biologically advanced''

One; makes the 2010 GF Replay bloody interesting... Two; has a shocking smell that the Presidents of Hawthorn and Collingwood and the CEO of West Coast - the three alleged clubs - are currently in the US on a 'fact finding' trip on the US with the CEO of the competition, who is additionally alleged to have warned a club under investigation by ASDA...

:confused:

Saad needs to be banned for a period of time that reflects the advantage he substance gives him plus a sanction. Ignorance can be no excuse. This certainly should keep the Essendon scandal honest.

Along the same lines...

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl...g-the-boundaries/story-fni5f6kv-1226688416519

One; makes the 2010 GF Replay bloody interesting... Two; has a shocking smell that the Presidents of Hawthorn and Collingwood and the CEO of West Coast - the three alleged clubs - are currently in the US on a 'fact finding' trip on the US with the CEO of the competition, who is additionally alleged to have warned a club under investigation by ASDA...

I think it would be naive to think the bombers were the only ones.

The AFL admin stinks to high heaven.

Ahmed Saad has some kind of link to Viking Protein. He used to plug them all the time. Not sure if he still does or not but ill bet if he took protein shake during Ramadan it was one these

http://www.vikingprotein.com.au/

This certainly should keep the Essendon scandal honest.
Great point! Penalties now have a current and relevant point of comparison. Any leniency given to Essendon players will be extremely questionable if Ahmed has the book thrown at him. After all, you are responsible for what ends up in your body.

Completely devasted for the guy and the club.:(

I love Saad, his energy and creativity where really refreshing after the Lyon years... hell I even love his kicking action.

Best wishes to him and his family, they will be doing it tough over the next few weeks, months.

No excuses though, if he gets found guilty... they should throw the book at him.

Completely devasted for the guy and the club.:(

I love Saad, his energy and creativity where really refreshing after the Lyon years... hell I even love his kicking action.

Best wishes to him and his family, they will be doing it tough over the next few weeks, months.

No excuses though, if he gets found guilty... they should throw the book at him.

I would like to think that Ahmed has taken a protein supplement that (unknown to him) contained the offending substance.
If this is the case (and if he is indeed guilty and this is not some glitch with the laboratory testing) he will probably be given some reduction to his ban.

Given he is guilty, I hope and expect that he gets the appropriate punishment.

Kids need to know that any cheating will get found out and punished - even ignorance is no excuse

Also much tighter restrictions on supplements is in order

Will wait for the full story before making any comments about Saad. What I will say is that any fines or suspensions handed out need to be appropraite and comparable in severity to whatever Essendon receives. It would be just like the AFL to whack a Saint with a 2 year ban but slap the entire EFC on the wrist. :rolleyes:

Had a feeling it was a younger fringe player but surprised to hear it was Saad, can't see him being the sort of guy to drug cheat deliberately so hopefully it's just an innocent mistake. There might be some extenuating circumstances due to him following his muslim faith but I guess more details will come out in time.

At least naming the player takes the suspicion away from the rest of the players and whilst I like Saad he isn't exactly a vitally important player that we couldn't cover or replace should he cop a ban.

Any penalty would need to be consistent with the penalties handed out to Essendon and their players

How the **** does this shit get out, I mean we supposedly have players "un-named" on 2 strikes and many more rumored to of had many more than 3. But we have a failure of the 1st test and not even a confirmation of a second and he's named & shamed. ffs. AFL admin is ****ed up.

Anything to get Essendon off OT seems. **** you Demetriou

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the **** does this shit get out, I mean we supposedly have players "un-named" on 2 strikes and many more rumored to of had many more than 3. But we have a failure of the 1st test and not even a confirmation of a second and he's named & shamed. ffs. AFL admin is ****** up.

I think three strikes is in respect of illicit drugs not related to performance. A performance enhancing drug is captured under WADA and is instantly punishable therefore not the same requirement for being anonymity. Anonymity is the AFL policy on the three strike illicit drug testing programme.

How the **** does this shit get out, I mean we supposedly have players "un-named" on 2 strikes and many more rumored to of had many more than 3. But we have a failure of the 1st test and not even a confirmation of a second and he's named & shamed. ffs. AFL admin is ****** up.

Yeah you have to wonder how other players get drugs stuff hushed up while any incident involving our players is splashed across the front page regardless of how much factual truth there is to it.

The timing is certainly suspicious with Essendon and Demetriou copping so much heat.

One is game day and other isn't. Basically you don't get 2nd chance if you test positive on game day.

Along the same lines...

I don't think "biologically advanced" necessarily means that they were doing anything illegal.

I hope you guys dont mind me intruding, but as an opposition supporter I take no pleasure out of hearing this or any of the Essendon bashing etc.

As a lover of the game, this isnt good for anyone, it is just a shame that unknowingly taking something is hard/impossible to prove.

I hope it works out for everyone involved.

sad news, really hope for Saad his family friends and teammates that this isnt true, good player and seems like he would be a really nice guy. Saints have had enough bad press the last couple of years and as an essendon supporter i dont wish the "DRUG SMEAR" against anybody else and as a supporter base its horrible to have your team dragged through it

I think "biologically advanced" is a carefully chosen catch phrase. It has no specific scientific meaning. It probably refers to a combination of physical metrics such as muscle bulk and physical fitness as a group description.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahmed Saad's ban for energy drink on match day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back