AIHL Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Booked for the Sat night game - looking forward to it!

How likely would you say Adel are to keep third spot, with the Bears last two games being Adel and Ice?

I think they should be able to hold 3rd, I rate the Adelaide highly, for mine Melbourne, Newcastle and Adelaide are the three standouts.

That siad Ice fans will get to have a good look at the Bear in a few week before the finals :thumbsu:

You'd think the bears would beat the knights this weekend which would put them on 39 points and in 3rd position with a game in hand over adelaide.

If they were to lose when they travel to adelaide next weekend, adelaide would finish on 41 points from their 24 games.

Does anyone think that Melbourne could 'throw' the game against the bears next sunday? The ladder would finish:

1. Newcastle
2. Melbourne
3. Bears
4. Adelaide

The Ice could save energy before the playoff weekend, and leave adelaide having to face newcastle in the 1st semi. Adelaide is the only team to have beaten Melbourne in Melbourne this season, so i just thought i'd speculate.

You'd think the bears would beat the knights this weekend which would put them on 39 points and in 3rd position with a game in hand over adelaide.

If they were to lose when they travel to adelaide next weekend, adelaide would finish on 41 points from their 24 games.

Does anyone think that Melbourne could 'throw' the game against the bears next sunday? The ladder would finish:

1. Newcastle
2. Melbourne
3. Bears
4. Adelaide

The Ice could save energy before the playoff weekend, and leave adelaide having to face newcastle in the 1st semi. Adelaide is the only team to have beaten Melbourne in Melbourne this season, so i just thought i'd speculate.

From what I'vew seen and I'm not sure what anyone thinks I'd rather play the Sydney Bears in the semi finals than Adelaide. With their finals spot wrapped up it would surprise me if the Ice don't show all their cards in the final game against the Bears. I wouldn't call it "throwing" but I wouldn't be surprised that the top lines spend time on the ice to give more ice time to the lower times before the finals.

Highly unlikely the ice would back off at all. It doesn't matter who they play the bottom line is they must win the first semi, period. Not the time to choke and unfortunately that's what has haunted the team in previous years. The first semi is the most important game of the year for them. It would be nice to play Sydney but in the finals every team will lift so it's no certainty the ice would win. I honestly feel the boys won't care who the opposition will be as they don't need much motivation to win. New rink, big crowds, home finals and The chance to throw the 'choke' stigma. Newcastle are a class outfit and they Have won 4 out of 7 grand finals in the past nine years and we all know Adelaide are the current premiers. When the boys beat both those teams then the championship will be much sweeter. They then earn the right to be called the best team for 2010

You are spot on there shantaram. I wouldn't think the ice would even dream of easing up at this stage.

On another note I am led to believe Jason baclig's back injury is healing well but he is not travelling this weekend. I also have the tournament tickets for all finals and I can't wait for a big weekend of hockey. Don't know what I will do after the finals are done and dusted. It will be a long time to the world championships in April next year

i'm pretty happy for them to lead with their 3rd line for the game against the bears. still gives the top 2 lines enough of a go. Good to hear that Baclig is getting better. I was at the cats pies game that night and got a message saying "we won 5-2, i think bacs is dead". Was good that they interviewed him at the sunday game.

Here's some good news for those of you that can't make it here for the playoffs:

AIHL Goodall Cup Finals to stream live
The 2010 10th Anniversary AIHL & Goodall Cup Finals will be streamed live over the internet. Details are to follow but cost with be $10 for the tournament and $5 per game. Coverage will be multi-camera with commentary and more.

ice win both games on the road this weekend but the big news is the bears 11-0 hiding of the canberra knights to move into third place and they travel to adelaide next saturday before playing the ice on sunday. we can only hope they take the points off the adrenaline and the north stars can fight it out with adelaide in the first final. go ice

Bugger.

Adel blew a 4-0 lead to lose in a shootout, so now play Newcastle in early semi....

That should be a ripper semi and as an Ice fan one that I'm happy with :thumbsu:

Melbourne easily accounted for the Sydney Bears 7-3. Honestly from the two times I've seen the Bears this year, if the Ice come to play and bring their A-game I can't see how the Bears can beat the Ice next week.

Newcastle's recent excellent form is a bit of a worry though.

Good win tonight. To anyone who went, do you think the crowd was the most ramped up they've been this season? Good signs for the playoff atmosphere. North Stars are in some kind of form though, 10 points to cartwright or bales or whoever it was and the points record for the league tonight. Hopefully though they have about as much output as last time they were down here.

Going to be a good weekend, heading down to geelong for the game saturday (seeing when/if ablett salutes to the crowd), then back in time to catch the end of adrenaline v stars and staying overnight in the city for the final on sunday.

GO ICE!

The grand final match up has been decided, Melbourne v Adelaide.
I didn't see the first semi but Adelaide winning was an big upset.
The ice v bears match was very entertaining. Very good d played. Melbourne were lucky that Denham's howler in the 1st period didn't cost them the game. Bears were leading 1-0 going into the 3rd period and ice fought back with 2 3rd period goals to win the game 2-1. I'm excited for tomorrow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The grand final match up has been decided, Melbourne v Adelaide.
I didn't see the first semi but Adelaide winning was an big upset.
The ice v bears match was very entertaining. Very good d played. Melbourne were lucky that Denham's howler in the 1st period didn't cost them the game. Bears were leading 1-0 going into the 3rd period and ice fought back with 2 3rd period goals to win the game 2-1. I'm excited for tomorrow

I'm still coming down after after the Ice's narrow victory, I was getting very nervous and very worried by the third period, it's been a very long time since I've been so emotional at a sporting venue. I'm sure that if there was Pickman-cam at the venue it would've provided plenty of entertainment :D

After we gave away a shocker in the 1st the Ice throw everything at the Bears, dominating play and creating so many chances without putting one into the net. When we finally broke the drought I think the roof at the Icehouse was nearly blown off!

Be far to say I'm one very relieved Melbourne Ice fan tonight

Adelaide website says the final score was 7-6 and that Adelaide had a lead of 7-2 in the third period, that could have been the biggest comeback in the history of hockey! :eek:

Correct, the North Stars nearly pulled victory out of their arse. Adelaide were looking comfortable then the North Stars went bang, bang, bang & bang and things got very interesting.

Exciting start to the game with Adelaide leading 2-1 after only 3 minutes of play, that tally included a successful penalty shot for the Adrenaline & a SH for the North Stars.

All up a great day of hockey :thumbsu:

The monkey is off their backs. Melbourne Ice finally win the big one, defeating Adelaide 6-4 in the Grand Final.:thumbsu:
Ahh that's awesome. Wasn't able to get to the finals unfortunately but looking forward to getting to more games next season.

Congratulation to the Melbourne ice on thier championship win. A special mention to all the the game day support volunteers and coaches for a magnificent job all year. It has been a great ride. It's about time hockey in Victoria is at the top again. Go ice

melbourne ice journeyman Glen Mayer won the innaugural Patrons medal last nite at the melbourne ice presentation nite at the harbour town bar. it was the only personal award given out as the club does not give out the normal trophies associated at presentation nites. I think that in itself shows how the club values everybodys contribution and proves they are a big family club.

Sadly Adam (the blanket) Blanchette was absent as he left on a flight to head home back to Canada on monday, then on to Holland this week to play hockey in the dutch league. Jaffa had glowing words about the blanket's, stay at home defensive prowess this year.

it was a good nite and the club is working on keeping the imports here as they all want to stay. this year has been a great ride and i am stuffed if i know what i am going to do for the next 7 months.

Maybe the roller derby at puckhandlers could be worth a look

Sadly Adam (the blanket) Blanchette was absent as he left on a flight to head home back to Canada on monday, then on to Holland this week to play hockey in the dutch league. Jaffa had glowing words about the blanket's, stay at home defensive prowess this year.

Must admit Blanchette became my favourite player this season, here's hoping that we'll see him back nest year along with all the other imports :thumbsu:

Hey Guys...FYI The Mustangs beat the Adrenaline in Adelaide last night. The final score was 5-2 and rumour has it Newcastle and Sydney are coming to play in mid October. I checked out their site and its pretty cool up with new news and player profiles.

Go Sainters!!!

The Melbourne Mustangs are playing their last home game of the year against the Newcastle Northstars on Saturday October 16th at 4:15 @the Docklands. I think this is the last game they will play before the AIHL general meeting. The Mustangs are applying this year apparently, in hopes of getting in next year. I personally hope they do get in because they seem to really want to support the Victorian hockey community and have been quite competitive playing with Vic locals. Go Mustangs!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

AIHL Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back