Past Aisake O'hAilpin

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 45. Aisake O'hAilpin (Rookie)

Aisake was supsended for two games at the start of the season, and is now playing this afternoon for the Bullants. Has been named on the interchange.

73087740.jpg

Another flying irishman... :)

37.jpg

Where's his buddy? how is Aisake travelling and can we expect to see him elevated by year's end? :) I hope so - imagine Setanta and Aisake - two massive monsters, a bit of aggression and a hell of a lot of athleticism causing havock for opposition forwards... :)

Monsters!

Boy he looked good on the weekend.

His ruckwork still needs some work, but he is getting there.

He is superb around the ground, he does some things he really shouldn't be able to do for a player of his size :D. His skills are actually pretty good.

Would love to see him get promoted to the senior list and debut for the Blues in the coming weeks.

Any chance of Aisake getting a senior game next year?

Was about to be promoted around round 12 - 13 for his debut, but broke down with OP.

Swann confirmed he would be elevated late in the year, and said he will be senior listed next season.

Has had surgery, and injury permitting, the league will see the more athletic version of Setanta (scary eh?) next season.........with Hampson looking O.K. (albeit in his two games) and Kreuzer likely to be picked up, watch out for him playing CHB instead of ruck IMO.

Was about to be promoted around round 12 - 13 for his debut, but broke down with OP.

Swann confirmed he would be elevated late in the year, and said he will be senior listed next season.

Has had surgery, and injury permitting, the league will see the more athletic version of Setanta (scary eh?) next season.........with Hampson looking O.K. (albeit in his two games) and Kreuzer likely to be picked up, watch out for him playing CHB instead of ruck IMO.

You reckon? Hasn't he been trained mostly as a ruckman? I would imagine Aisake getting more rucking opportunities next year than Kreuser anyway.

Still if he was to be CHB it releases Waite into forward line and Setanta And Aisake as the backline spine looks scary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You reckon? Hasn't he been trained mostly as a ruckman? I would imagine Aisake getting more rucking opportunities next year than Kreuser anyway.

Still if he was to be CHB it releases Waite into forward line and Setanta And Aisake as the backline spine looks scary.

Yeah, wasn't thinking so much of next year as the years to follow.
1. Cloke
2/3. Aisake/Hampson
4. Kreuzer

1. Hampson
2. Kreuzer
3. Cloke

NO room for a 4th, hence the CHB comment. Wait and see I guess.

Kruezer's most AFL ready position will be Center Half Foward think Riewoldt without the amazing pack crashing, Or maybe more accuare think Kozi. So I dare say there will be oppertunity for Aisake to ruck for you guys. Aisake Judd Fev Stevo Murph Fev Kruezer Waite you guys will be a massive improver next year.

Yeah, wasn't thinking so much of next year as the years to follow.
1. Cloke
2/3. Aisake/Hampson
4. Kreuzer

1. Hampson
2. Kreuzer
3. Cloke

NO room for a 4th, hence the CHB comment. Wait and see I guess.

Yep i'd agree with that. We are finally starting to accrue that elusive word DEPTH!!!!!!!

Kruezer's most AFL ready position will be Center Half Foward think Riewoldt without the amazing pack crashing, Or maybe more accuare think Kozi. So I dare say there will be oppertunity for Aisake to ruck for you guys. Aisake Judd Fev Stevo Murph Fev Kruezer Waite you guys will be a massive improver next year.

Considering that we've needed to play our last few draft picks i'd like to see Kruezer only played if there is a need for him or if he has been playing well in the reserves.

Not simply playing him because he is number 1. Reward competition in the team, if Ackland isn't up too standard he will be bumped by Kruezer, same with all the others in the team

Very good, barring injury.

He was ready for senior football and would have made his debut late last season (about round 12 or 13), but he has had a recurrence of osteiitis pubis and has since had sugery. Currently he is in the rehab group, but most are tipping he will partner Cloke as the opening round ruck combo, with Kreuzer playing forward.

Hopefully he is fit for the NAB cup and can show everyone what he can do.

Geez i was hoping Hampson would in there BB??

Seems like most are tipping Hampson to be number one ruck aswell?

Geez i was hoping Hampson would in there BB??

Seems like most are tipping Hampson to be number one ruck aswell?
From what I read of the training reports he may well be.

In terms of development I have Hampson just a little behind, but he sounds like he is making up for lost time.

He is the fastest at the club!! OMG!!! :eek:

His tap work is improving as has his strength.

Aisake may always battle with the OP (hope not but he has for two years now).

Our young ruck depth is second to none in the comp IMO.:thumbsu:

Very good, barring injury.

He was ready for senior football and would have made his debut late last season (about round 12 or 13), but he has had a recurrence of osteiitis pubis and has since had sugery. Currently he is in the rehab group, but most are tipping he will partner Cloke as the opening round ruck combo, with Kreuzer playing forward.

Hopefully he is fit for the NAB cup and can show everyone what he can do.
is he totally a ruckman?

is he totally a ruckman?
I assume by 'he' you mean Aisake?

The thought is that once he learns that game a bit better he may well make a CHB.......but he has a LONG way to go.
He is being taught ruck with the Ants and at training, but may well move into a KPP.

His brother showed last year that he can compete physically, but often he would get turned by a forward, or go to a contest leaving his man when maybe he should stay back.

Good forwards will exploit them now, average ones will find their athleticism too much to handle before too long. Setanta is already beating much more heavily fancied opponents and he's only played about 30 games.

I can see in 2-3 years time though Setanta at FB, Aisake at CHB, Hampson and Kreuzer in the ruck, switching up forward.

The good thing is they are all fast athletic types that will prove difficult to match up on, and can rotate through the ruck if needs be........opposition rucks will be running very hard to keep up.:thumbsu:

I worry that if Aisake cant establish himself to some extent (at least stay on the list for a few years) and gets cut from the list that it may have a permanent impact on Satanta and influence his decision to stay.

Having said that, Setanta is a highly motivated individual

Its funny that when both brothers were elevated to the senior list, they both succumbed to OP in the same week and werent able to make their senoir debut upon elevation. Hopefully, the improvement Setanta experienced once permanently elevated is imitated by Aisake! :cool:

Proud to be Aisake's Buddy for 2008!

Hope we have found our CHB for the next ten years:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back