Past Aisake O'hAilpin

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 45. Aisake O'hAilpin (Rookie)

Aisake? CHB?

Not bloody likely!

Wait for it!

I knew a few would disagree.

I think this kids special, but he does not mark the ball or read the play up forward as well as waite. Hampson was more damaging for the ants last year than Aisake in the forward 50, imo.
Hampson, Kreuzer rucks. I think he'll settle into a position rather than becoming the bit playin ruckman everyone here thinks he'll become. Waite CHF and the in irish defence.

Lets have another look at it this time next year:thumbsu:

spent a year in Cork city and used to drink at a pub Smilies where the barman were friends of the O'hAilpin's, they were always of the opinion that Aisake would make it with his size (obviously bulked up alot since his hurling days) and freakish ability. So if he can get his skills right could be a player to watch. Watching the hurling abit, I reckon older brother Sean would also have made it if had the chance, fearless leader for the Rebels.

spent a year in Cork city and used to drink at a pub Smilies where the barman were friends of the O'hAilpin's, they were always of the opinion that Aisake would make it with his size (obviously bulked up alot since his hurling days) and freakish ability. So if he can get his skills right could be a player to watch. Watching the hurling abit, I reckon older brother Sean would also have made it if had the chance, fearless leader for the Rebels.

Ah ya that he is Sean Og is really is THE Rebel, completely genuine lad as well. He's only ever got a yellow card once in his whole playing career and that was when he was u12, and as rumours go, it was a pretty harsh one. He has a spotless record (or well had till the CCCC had a stick up their arse and thought it'd be fun to select, randomly pick out 3 Cork lads from a massive brawl..no more then handbags, in the Munster Semi final, he along with 3 other Cork players..and 4 Clare players were suspended wrongfully for a match, THE match against Waterford, the what was supposed to be match of the decade.) He captained Cork to win the final in 2005, his entire speech was in Irish, and he is the rock in our defense, well the Rock is the rock, he's the anchor.
He was in a car crash a good few years ago. They said he could never play again, his knee was pretty much crushed, they said he could never play again yet there he was in 2005 lifting the Liam.

What a ramble..lol!!

No em, apparently Aisake is or could be better then Seanty, when he's not injured that is.

*sigh*, they were always the ones who got away. Only now really have we replaced Seanty up front, well, Pa Cronin a young lad from Bishopstown, he lifts as many heads as Seanty did when he got the ball. That's what I mean when I say replaced.
It's a pity though, you know we don't resent them, we wish them well like, we hope they succeed but the thought of what could have been if Seanty had stayed can be overwhelming at times, looking at what he did in just a year, he went from being Sean Og's little brother to SEANTY, the fame, the success he had after just one season was insane. He was special, and that's saying something because Cork teams are full of fantastic players but he really was a diamond. When he left, it really hurt, he left a trail of broken hearts behind him, but at least we have young Aisake, sure he's turning a few heads at the club, so that softened the blow..but then he left.
Like I said, no one will wish them anything but success and happiness but by God he'll always be the one who got away.

Ramble, ramble, ramble.

Change the title - he's no longer a rookie.

Given his size and mobillity, he should be able to make an impact but lets not rush things.

Big men normally take longer to develop, so one could assume big men from non-AFL backgrounds would take even longer!

Aisake O'hAilpin is likely to miss a month after suffering a knee strain.

can't take a trick!!

Tough luck for Aisake - seems that the Irish Eyes aren't smiling. With Hampson having leap frogged him and Kreuz likely to get games early, it could make things tough for Aisake.
Yeah, but if Kreuzer starts to develop as a CHF/ruck rover then it may be Hammer and Zacky with Cloke being left behind.

C'mon People, Living In Ireland Theres No Info On Him..
Im Demanding Pictures Nd Comments On His Progress!!..
Please...lol=]

C'mon People, Living In Ireland Theres No Info On Him..
Im Demanding Pictures Nd Comments On His Progress!!..
Please...lol=]
You'll have to look through these links and pages for pictures of Aisake.

http://navyblueart.com/gallery/index.php?cat=9

http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j102/yonniboy/27%20Feb%202008/

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410786&page=4

The following links have reports from the Bullants game in which Aisake played well.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424434

http://www.talkingcarlton.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20413&start=0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tanx A Million General!!
Ur Now My FAVOURITE Big Footy Member!!
xxXXxx...lol

Bryceson Don't Say That!!...lol
Nah... I'll Just Change It...
Or Wait.. If He Does Get Delisted What Are The Chances He'll Move Home?
Lol... New Hobby Aisake Stalker!!...lol

Bryceson Don't Say That!!...lol
Nah... I'll Just Change It...
Or Wait.. If He Does Get Delisted What Are The Chances He'll Move Home?
Lol... New Hobby Aisake Stalker!!...lol

Aisake looked the goods in the Bullants practice game last weekend, was moving through packs out of defense like a 202cm midfielder, pace to burn for his size, spent some time in the ruck and tap work has improved as well. Needs to learn more about body positioning and balance and assert his body more in the marking contest, but those little nuances of AFL are the ones that will take longer, his development continues nicely :thumbsu:

So Anybody Wanna Fill Me In On Whats Goin On With Him?.. Is He Coming Home(If So When).. Any Recent Pictures?.. Preferably Shirtless;):rolleyes:

So Anybody Wanna Fill Me In On Whats Goin On With Him?.. Is He Coming Home(If So When).. Any Recent Pictures?.. Preferably Shirtless;):rolleyes:
You won't be luvin him anymore though. Well maybe you still will but at any rate he's gone. What could of been, well we don't really know. Hope he goes back to Cork or Yorke or whatever county he played for and does well.

Thanks Mate.

Given the patience we showed with Setanta which is no coming to fruition.

Thought I would give this thread a little bump and ask the question - should we have perservered with Aisake a little longer???

He is marginally taller just as quick and athletic and from what I saw of him before his injury was developing OK.

While being a marginally better athlete than Setanta is, Aisake didn't have the love of all things sports and competition that Setanta has.

Wouldn't have improved at the rate Setanta has.

Sadly, the right call was made.

I think one big mistake we made was when we prematurely cut Aisake loose.

Supreme athlete who had all the skills to really make a name for himself the same way Carlos is now.

Yes, he was immature and didn't have "a total love and dedication for the sport" but we needed to cut him some slack on account of the potential he had.

I hope he stars for the Bullants and we give him a lookin to a mature aged spot (before Hawthorn or someone else do).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back